2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Re: Ferrari SF21

Schippke wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 13:51
Hammerfist wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 05:06
I have a feeling Ferrari will be the major suprise of 2021. We can't forget that they are the only team that can spend resources similar to Redbull and Mercedes. The power unit has been vastly improved, but people like Carlos Sainz are downplaying it imo. Everyone is downplaying themselves. That is what pre season testing is all about; not show your hand. So I wouldn't expect them to keep languishing in the midfield for too long. I think once the season starts taking shape, it will be clear that Ferrari is back in the big 3.

Regarding the Power Unit, it most likely has improved... but it isn't like Renault, Mercedes and Honda have been sitting still either; Any gains made by Ferrari will be reigned in somewhat by the others. In saying that, if Ferrari were forcibly restricted in anyway last year due to the FIA and whatever their agreement is (that itself is pure speculation that is going around), then they might've been able to close the gap more...

Y
I don’t think that the other teams making gains will keep Ferrari behind. They just needed to get in the ballpark in horsepower. This isn’t a drag racing competition. Last year they were down by a lot hp wise but leclerc was still capable of qualifying within a tenth of the lead Redbull a couple of times and ahead of the pink Mercedeses too. So power isnt everything. They just need the power to be competitive and I would say they are there now.

wowgr8
wowgr8

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

For the moment, without venturing the not very serious predictions, we can report some information acquired by Formu1a.uno on the simulation data with a race pace projection around the seventh place.

Something better in qualifying simulation, with Mclaren as a reference without forgetting Aston Martin.
Returning to Ferrari in Bahrain, the optimistic goal is to be fourth in the lot , considering the enormous difficulties of the SF1000, which obtained the sixth row more than 1.9 seconds from pole (1 "27" 264). Dubbed in the race. In short, not exactly the best circuit on which to start the world championship
Formu1a.uno reporting internal sim data shows Ferrari to be around the 4th best team in Bahrain apparently, with McLaren as the Class B benchmark. Goal is to be 4th best team and 6th/7th place in the race.

I believe the info, I also find it hard to envision Ferrari being slower than McLaren but faster than Aston Martin, I expect Aston to be the 3rd fastest car, though the McLaren was very very good at the power/speed tracks last year

godlameroso

The good ol' days of Ferrari vs McLaren are back, now joined by Alpine AM and AT.
Saishū kōnā

wowgr8
wowgr8

Rough side by side of the SF1000 vs the SF21. Note how the shark fin doesn't (or barely) shrinks in size despite the sidepods being shrunken even further and some cooling being moved up to the roll hoop intake

f1316
f1316

wowgr8 wrote:
20 Mar 2021, 13:51
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ew65T7zWUAE ... name=large

Rough side by side of the SF1000 vs the SF21. Note how the shark fin doesn't (or barely) shrinks in size despite the sidepods being shrunken even further and some cooling being moved up to the roll hoop intake
This would definitely make the car go faster: paint the whole thing in the nice dark red but don’t put a big horrible brightly coloured decal on it! :lol:

JPower
JPower

Buckle up...going to be an interesting weekend for sure.

I don't expect much from Sainz in quali yet but Leclerc should be familiar enough with the car to get into Q3 at the very least.

MKlaus
MKlaus

Re: Ferrari SF21

Hammerfist wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 14:22
Schippke wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 13:51
Hammerfist wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 05:06
I have a feeling Ferrari will be the major suprise of 2021. We can't forget that they are the only team that can spend resources similar to Redbull and Mercedes. The power unit has been vastly improved, but people like Carlos Sainz are downplaying it imo. Everyone is downplaying themselves. That is what pre season testing is all about; not show your hand. So I wouldn't expect them to keep languishing in the midfield for too long. I think once the season starts taking shape, it will be clear that Ferrari is back in the big 3.

Regarding the Power Unit, it most likely has improved... but it isn't like Renault, Mercedes and Honda have been sitting still either; Any gains made by Ferrari will be reigned in somewhat by the others. In saying that, if Ferrari were forcibly restricted in anyway last year due to the FIA and whatever their agreement is (that itself is pure speculation that is going around), then they might've been able to close the gap more...

Y
I don’t think that the other teams making gains will keep Ferrari behind. They just needed to get in the ballpark in horsepower. This isn’t a drag racing competition. Last year they were down by a lot hp wise but leclerc was still capable of qualifying within a tenth of the lead Redbull a couple of times and ahead of the pink Mercedeses too. So power isnt everything. They just need the power to be competitive and I would say they are there now.
agreed. hopefully, they have done a good job of ironing out the chassis issues and make it more predictable and drivable. critically, they need massive improvement on their racing operations. pit stops and strategy has been abysmal to say the least. in their current situation, every aspect needs an improvement to make respectable stride on the standings.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Only fp1 but Ferrari looking like the fourth best team so far. I expect that they’ll be third eventually this season as they have the resources to outdevelop Mclaren.

Schippke
Schippke

Hammerfist wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 15:11
Only fp1 but Ferrari looking like the fourth best team so far. I expect that they’ll be third eventually this season as they have the resources to outdevelop Mclaren.
They might have the resources to out-develop McLaren, but doesn't mean they will this year... you'll see a lot of teams packing in their 2021 seasons early in terms of development, with the exception of some packages later in the year that have been planned well in advance (Monza-Spec low downforce setup, for example).

I'd be fairly confident Ferrari are throwing all they have at 2022 imminently, with the knowledge that they expect this season to be a better one regardless of what happens.

f1rules
f1rules

i think your boss with the glasses gave an interview yesterday saying until barcelona depending on how the car is, offcourse if its a complete dog youll give up sooner

Schippke
Schippke

f1rules wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 15:22
i think your boss with the glasses gave an interview yesterday saying until barcelona depending on how the car is, offcourse if its a complete dog youll give up sooner
From first impressions, the SF21 looks a LOT better on track than the SF1000 did (whether it be down purely to the Power Unit vs. Evolution of designs is up for debate). But being based off the car of last season, it is an inherently flawed base they're having to work with... so no point in pursuing it much with the expectation that Mercedes and Red Bull will most certainly be ahead. P3 or P4 in the standings would be welcome and most likely, which would be a welcomed result giving the nightmare of last year.

f1rules
f1rules

4th it is then since my mcl will be 3rd ;-)

wowgr8
wowgr8

f1rules wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 15:22
If the car is at a lower level than where they want it they'll be forced to develop it further, they won't give up on it. They don't want another bad result and poor morale going into next year

Vasconia

Hammerfist wrote:
26 Mar 2021, 15:11
Mclaren has been much better than Ferrari with in-season development and in fact, one of the best teams doing this.

JPower
JPower

Sainz looking good out there so far. I'm surprised.