2024 Williams Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ME4ME

Re: 2024 Williams Racing F1 Team

Vowles apologizing to Mick Schumacher and back-tracking a bit. Still learning on the job as a team principle. Obviously he was right, but the comment was unneccesary.

I think it's great that Williams took one of their academy drivers. It increased the credibility of the program. Rather than detracts, if Volwes had chosen a Mercedes or Red Bull junior/reserve.

The extra sponsor money is a bonus.

Ultimately though, if Vowles was serious about maximizing points scoring in the remaining races, he'd been better of running Lawson for 8 out of 9 races if Red Bull needed him to fill in as a reserve. It would be a bit of a mess, but surely Lawson would've scored more points.

Big Tea

I thought Colapinto did well as he probably did not get the equivalent miles in an older car but still stayed within a respectable shot of Albon, who I rate as a very good.
He may not be an instant "best buy" but only the exceptions are.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Sevach
Sevach

Santander expected to follow Carlos to Williams.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferr ... /10650083/

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Promising debut from Colapinto. Good job to him!

Mr Brooksy

Great work again by Albon. The car still isn't fast enough to be at the head of the midfield battle. But it's getting closer which is encouraging. Especially considering the new concept isn't designed for slippery straight line speed like the previous few generations of Williams cars had been.
Colapinto did really well on debut despite the Q1 error, so great move by JV to replace the clearly out of his depth Sergeant. The most obvious difference with Sergeant and Colapinto seems to be that Colapinto moved forward in the race whereas Sergeant mostly fell back over the past 1 and a half years. Time will tell I guess if this trend continues in the right direction for the young Argentine.
Also extra funds from Argentinian sponsors is a boost.
And potentially money from Santander with Carlos is also encouraging.
Williams seem to be on the move forward which is a relief.
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

JordanMugen

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
02 Sep 2024, 07:14
So Carlos Sainz has 60 million dollars from Santander following him out of Ferrari and possibly into Williams. That's double of what Perez's money allegedly is. Red Bull could have had Sainz and 60 million dollars instead of Perez and 30 million. What a fumble that was.
Source?

A return of the red Williams of 1998 and 1999 perhaps? :D

It will be difficult to incorporate the red/white of Santander with the blue of Komatsu and Gulf (and indeed Williams), not to mention the black and gold sections of Duracell, although a red and blue livery with black and gold accents could look OK.

Waz
Waz

White wings with Santander in red, blue and white body, and Duracell where it is now, high up and out the way.

Should look quite nice actually.

ScottR267
ScottR267

Waz wrote:
04 Sep 2024, 20:44
White wings with Santander in red, blue and white body, and Duracell where it is now, high up and out the way.

Should look quite nice actually.
Santander has joined F1 as an official partner so suspect less likely they’ll join Williams also as a team

Mr Brooksy

Finally Williams have 2 drivers! Well done Franco!
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

mvfad

Colapinto has the potential to be a better/faster driver than Albon and Sainz in the short term.
But he is error-prone (not as much as Sargeant was), but as he is young, he tends to improve this in the future.