USF1 -- F1's All-American Challenger

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
raceman

Re: USF1 -- F1's All-American Challenger

if this merger happens, it will create a vacant grid slot as these two teams will run as a single team (if EVER happens). will StefanGP will be allowed to fill it?

:roll: :-s
just repeating my question again here..... :-s

Fil

gibells wrote:Isn't the truth about Cosworth that they lacked supply contracts (over the last 2 years) simply because they weren't good enough?
Probably not the right topic for this, but Cosworth's failing was a lack of development funding over a season prior to the engine freeze.
Williams also admitted a reason for their move to Toyota was that a private engine, like Cosworth, doesn't have the same pull as being associated with a large manufacturer for sponsorship purposes.
Mysticf1 wrote:USF1 Toaster Announcement
A source close to US F1 tells me that the factory staff in Charlotte are in the process of making the toaster.. ..And yes, I am serious…
:shock: Where do i pre-order?!?!
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

marcush.
marcush.

raceman wrote:
if this merger happens, it will create a vacant grid slot as these two teams will run as a single team (if EVER happens). will StefanGP will be allowed to fill it?

:roll: :-s
just repeating my question again here..... :-s
if the USF1 franchise gets retracted by the FIA or returned by the us boys voluntarily this is by no means an open door situation for Stefan GP,as it is totally unclear at this time if the FIA wants to invite or have Stefan GP in the championship after hiring suspect(condemned by FIA) people ,going to court against FIA,attempting to broker deals with the commercial rights holders, challenging the FIA decisions by sending material to the GP venue in Bahrain in spite of not having a slot thus queastioning the original decision process.

the next question is.Is the FIA allowed to give a returned franchise to a third party without opening a new selection process at this time ,or will this only apply to a possible entry in 2011?

to me Stefan GP is acting not politically correct and this may avoid them participating and testing in 2010 as well as putting them in a bad position for the 2011 process already.the clever move would have been to work in the background
prepare for the 2010 season and buy in or team up with one of the struggling teams with the intention to take over the franchise some time or apply for a own franchise for 2011.

WhiteBlue

http://adamcooperf1.com/2010/02/26/hurl ... gp-merger/

says Stef/USF1 merger likely to go ahead
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

The FOZ
The FOZ

That's still more opinion than fact, WB.

It's logical to merge, and if they do so strategically, they will be the strongest of the new teams, and in excellent position for 2011.

The question will be, if it happens, what will the deal look like? How much will the newly merged team look like each of the parents? Undoubtedly, one of the teams is going to give up their identity, the question will be which? There are a few places where the two groups compliment each other well - adding where the other is nonexistent or weak - but in facilities, for example, there is a ton of overlap, between Serbia, Cologne, US, and Aragon is Spain. A deal would render at least two of those facilities redundant.

No doubt Hurley will want the USF1 name/image/brand to continue, as he's invested heavily in that, and as the guy with the green, he will be tilting that way.

But will Stefanovich capitulate to Hurley's desires?

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

Campos US Racing...

jddh1

US-Serbian partnership. hmm interesting. about 15 years ago we were at war.

marcush.
marcush.

time goes on

looking forward to see another world champion in the championship!

God bye Pechito to Campos?

Pandamasque

Shocking news. Ken had been testing the prototype toaster since 2006! It would eb a shame if they don't race it after all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6VxERouaXA[/youtube]

The FOZ
The FOZ

marcush. wrote:God bye Pechito to Campos?
If a USF1-Stefan merge happens, I don't expect Lopez to leave. The Argentinians have already dumped money into the USF1 operation, they will want to see the benefit of that money. They will only get that if J-Lo stays.

xpensive
xpensive

I wonder if we will ever know the truth around what happened in Charlotte, perhaps we need a 60 minutes show?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

The FOZ
The FOZ

xpensive wrote:I wonder if we will ever know the truth around what happened in Charlotte, perhaps we need a 60 minutes show?
Considering employee(s) have already been leaking information, and they are still on the payroll, I think there's a decent chance a few will be dumb enough to go yakking to the media. It'll potentially hurt their chances of working in the industry in the future, but I expect some people will be about done with motorsports after this experience.

twoshots
twoshots

I haven't entered into the USF1 kicking to date. But this morning I finally went looking for a USF1 toaster...and found their website. Two quotes pretty much some it up for me:
Scott Bennets blog post wrote:A graduate of Automotive Engineering from Loughborough University in London...
Peter Windsor's blog post wrote:We're all complaining a little about everything closing down for the New Year but – believe me – America is currently much more industrious than the UK. Here, at our home base, we were quiet on Christmas Day (naturally) and then again today. The UK – and most of Europe – basically shut down on December 18 and will not stagger back to life until January 4. That's 16 valuable days lost in the too-short life of the F1 European winter.
And that's not all: remember the August F1 shut-down that was introduced for the first time in 2009? Well, it's happening again in 2010. Understand that most of Europe closes for August and you kind of understand the decision. Unless you're American, that is. As in Australia, August for Americans is just another working month in which some people maybe take a week or two away.
What planet are these guys on?

http://www.usgpe.com/blog.html

Pup
Pup

No Stephan/USF1 linkup, it seems...
Stefanovic has also revealed that he had discussed a merger with US F1 - which has a 2010 entry but has asked to miss the first four races as its programme is a long way behind schedule. He said these talks had now collapsed despite positive approaches from US F1 investor Chad Hurley.

"Yes, it is true we had some discussions stretching over many days, but these broke down completely on Thursday afternoon European time due to the inflexibility of certain players," Stefanovic said.

"I stress it was not Chad Hurley, who was open to discussions with us, but some of the other stakeholders who sabotaged the talks."
Mr Windsor? Mr. Anderson? Is there anything either of you would like to share with the class?

outer_bongolia

I am upset at USF1 for not allowing a perfectly functional team to run in their place. I could bet those two dreamers were asking for lots of money from Stephan and would allow him to run for only one year, with USF1 replacing them in 2011.
[-X

So, if USF1 ends up breaching the FIA regulations and missing the season, what happens? Do they get punished? They barely have any money to start with... How long will it be until they lose their right to race? Will they be given a chance to race next year?
Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
Carl Sagan