Ferrari F138

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
turbof1

Re: Ferrari F138

'Barcelona' brake disk. Interesting to keep track which disks they use at which circuit.
#AeroFrodo

stefan_
stefan_

Germany 2013 - Thursday (04.07.2013)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Alonso reports of aero problems in Silverstone. Looks like they're going to check that tomorrow.

TheRMVR

TheRMVR wrote:So according to this Swiss source -talking about the downfall and possible bankruptcy of Sauber- Ferrari use the wind tunnel in Hinwill instead of receiving cash for their engines from Sauber.

Are there any sources that confirm Ferrari using the Hinwill wind tunnel?

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/sport/motor ... y/27631243
No one hearing anything of Ferrari using the Sauber facilities?

Consider&Go
Consider&Go

I wonder why they ditched all the upgrades they raced, and got a second place with in Canada?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

beelsebob
beelsebob

Consider&Go wrote:I wonder why they ditched all the upgrades they raced, and got a second place with in Canada?
Because not all upgrades are upward – sideways instead. Many things that get pushed as "upgrades" around here are often simply different parts for different types of track.

Alonso Fan

as far as i know, they were using the old toyota wind tunnel to develop this years car
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

F1NAC

where is the new wing that was supposed to be tested in silverstone with r winglets

KennyBama

Has there been a revision to the front wing?

froggy
froggy

Reverted back to slotless RW. :roll:

Ferrari must need a pretty big dumpster to throw out all the updated parts that are actually downgrades!

radosav
radosav

froggy wrote:Reverted back to slotless RW. :roll:

Ferrari must need a pretty big dumpster to throw out all the updated parts that are actually downgrades!
Actually , when they collect huge amount of bad parts they make car out of it. That is how they made F2012.

diffuser

Consider&Go wrote:I wonder why they ditched all the upgrades they raced, and got a second place with in Canada?

Canada is a low downforce track. So they wouldn't work at silverstone/Germany. You likely see those PARTS at Monza.

The only thing I can see in those pictures that has changed (aside from the brakes) is the vertical slot is missing from the vertical beams (or whatever you call it) that holds the rear wing.

diffuser

F1NAC wrote:where is the new wing that was supposed to be tested in silverstone with r winglets

They might just throw that on tomorrow ...In fact I get the feeling they assemble everything with a known config on Thursday. Then throw on the new stuff on Friday.

Also the number of slots in the rear wing vertical beam are fewer. It looks like the rear wing beam sitting in the back of the garage on Thursday of last week.

Consider&Go
Consider&Go

So from all the photos i've seen....there's absolutely nothing new this race.

'sigh'
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

wesley123
wesley123

froggy wrote:Reverted back to slotless RW. :roll:

How do you know they are downgrades?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender