2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

they will give back an hour tomorrow. let see.

-wkst-
-wkst-

KimiRai wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 13:23
-wkst- wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 12:20
I guess it looked good so far (not perfect) from the handling, but with a logical plan. First a run with cool down laps with open DRS - pit - simulate start - some laps without cool down laps with closed DRS.

I can't resist to believe that the good and weak points of the car are pretty similiar to last year (first half). Good traction and slow speed, however still draggy compared to others. High speed unknown, but they were also weak last year in the last corner/sector.

Hopefully we see ALO again and not 5 hours STR...
Stroll will be running all the 5 hours it seems.

Last year preseason testing was a good advantage for Fernando and all the extra mileage he had, but this year Alo has had bad luck and Stroll is going to be more benefited
Well, today wasn't the fault of ALO, also not having two afternoons (coin decision), but last year it was STR's own fault...

bingaboy
bingaboy

-wkst- wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 13:55
KimiRai wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 13:23
-wkst- wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 12:20
I guess it looked good so far (not perfect) from the handling, but with a logical plan. First a run with cool down laps with open DRS - pit - simulate start - some laps without cool down laps with closed DRS.

I can't resist to believe that the good and weak points of the car are pretty similiar to last year (first half). Good traction and slow speed, however still draggy compared to others. High speed unknown, but they were also weak last year in the last corner/sector.

Hopefully we see ALO again and not 5 hours STR...
Stroll will be running all the 5 hours it seems.

Last year preseason testing was a good advantage for Fernando and all the extra mileage he had, but this year Alo has had bad luck and Stroll is going to be more benefited
Well, today wasn't the fault of ALO, also not having two afternoons (coin decision), but last year it was STR's own fault...
why has this thread suddenly become alonso v stroll ?? why have an aston martin “team” chat, when everyone’s trying to --- on lance ?? just create an alonso chat, and continue with your refined twitter behaviour

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

they will give back an hour tomorrow. let see.

KimiRai
KimiRai

bingaboy wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 13:59
why has this thread suddenly become alonso v stroll ?? why have an aston martin “team” chat, when everyone’s trying to --- on lance ?? just create an alonso chat, and continue with your refined twitter behaviour
You can go back in last years thread and see me defending stroll multiple times. Its just we want to see the best driver doing well as it's logical in any team

bingaboy
bingaboy

KimiRai wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 14:05
bingaboy wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 13:59
You can go back in last years thread and see me defending stroll multiple times. Its just we want to see the best driver doing well as it's logical in any team
no one’s pretending lance is in the same bracket as alonso, but i can see comments where people are blaming him for a coin toss, drain issues on the track, having a black T-cam. am i the only one who thinks there’s a witch-hunt going on here ??

NAPI10
NAPI10

Looking at shenanigans of last year ; Lance needs more time in the car.
Not ideal for Alonso but good for team from long term prospective.Lance feedback going to be crucial in developing the car.

-wkst-
-wkst-

For me that's no ALO vs. STR, but I highly doubt STR can give the same level of (desperately needed) feedback at season start tests.

The black-yellow-T-cam was a joke. However I would be embarrassed to use it in STRs case this year, because he also knows the meaning behind it.

draghixa
draghixa

They need to change everything for Stroll during the lunch break, if they let Alonso run another hour then they need to waste another hour to change the set up for Stroll which makes the situation even worse, let see if the team will make up an extra hour for Alonso tomorrow.

bingaboy
bingaboy

-wkst- wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 14:12
For me that's no ALO vs. STR, but I highly doubt STR can give the same level of (desperately needed) feedback at season start tests.

The black-yellow-T-cam was a joke. However I would be embarrassed to use it in STRs case this year, because he also knows the meaning behind it.
where’s the punch line in that joke ??

-wkst-
-wkst-

bingaboy wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 14:17
-wkst- wrote:

Let me precise it, it was fooling around in the time between launch and testing. It doesn't bother me personally (I read it on twitter before I wrote it here last week, to be honest).

JPower
JPower

dialtone wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 05:07
JPower wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 20:42
Problem whit this team (also Redbull) you have one driver that overperformes and one underperformes so it's difficult to say where they are. Alonso can be anywhere for 1 tenth to 1 sec faster than Stroll per lap.
It's almost good in these testing situations to have two mediocore drives like Ferrari and Mercedes.
Ferrari and Mercedes both have 2 mediocre drivers? Interesting take...
Imagine calling LEC mediocre, to not talk about Hamilton the most record breaking driver in history.
Russell and Sainz aren’t anywhere close to mediocre either.

All 4 are clearly above average.

Anyway, not going to go offtopic here any longer.

bingaboy
bingaboy

-wkst- wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 14:34
bingaboy wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 14:17
-wkst- wrote:

Let me precise it, it was fooling around in the time between launch and testing. It doesn't bother me personally (I read it on twitter before I wrote it here last week, to be honest).
why would anyone be bothered, unless they’re staunch alonso fans. after all, we’re all aston fans here, right ?? 😀

SSJ4
SSJ4

Car seems to be losing time consistently in sector 3. But it’s hard to notice when stroll is at the wheel.

Will get a better reading tomorrow evening when nando does his race run

GoranF1
GoranF1

dialtone wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 05:07
JPower wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 20:42
Problem whit this team (also Redbull) you have one driver that overperformes and one underperformes so it's difficult to say where they are. Alonso can be anywhere for 1 tenth to 1 sec faster than Stroll per lap.
It's almost good in these testing situations to have two mediocore drives like Ferrari and Mercedes.
Ferrari and Mercedes both have 2 mediocre drivers? Interesting take...
Imagine calling LEC mediocre, to not talk about Hamilton the most record breaking driver in history.
Hamilton droped in last 2 years and Leclerc is to inconsistent to compare whit likes of Alonso.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."