2022 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, April 08 - 10

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Juzh

Re: 2022 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, April 08 - 10

dialtone wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 04:51
I agree with them. No run off area, long left hander, Merc has a lot of wheel wobble, Ferrari porpoising a lot, other teams probably not being so stable, I can't imagine an overtake being super safe there without the wing, and it's long enough that it could even happen with 3 cars for maximum unsafety.
So because mercedes and ferrari have problems with their extreme car setups they now removed drs? Red bull is silky smooth and has been gaining loads when DRSed, a tenth at least vs ferrari and more vs others.
This argument fails anyway. Now that they removed DRS ferrari has transformed into a trampoline because they don't shed any rear load, making the problem worse.

In essence they cut 1 or 2 tenths out of red bull's quali pace with this silly change and will make the race worse off. Jeddah has loads of curved DRS zones and none bat an eye, yet here it's suddenly a problem. wtf

Mr.S
Mr.S

Latifi is a disaster. I think Russel may have looked better than he was, due to Latifi. Albon, who is no prodify is destroying Latifi & is 0.5-1s quicker in qualifying sometimes.

The guy crashes all the time & is in his 3rd season. Mazepin has got all the hate for being a pay driver & rightfully for being a pathetic person but Latifi is also a slow pay drive taking a grid spot when F2 Champion like Piastri is waiting for a seat !

Teams will lose much more in $ by being 1 or 2 spot behind in the Constructors given the amount of money F1 is bringing in than the sponsorship of a pay driver !

F1NAC

Was that on purpose? Looking at the right mirror and turning into Latifi?

Wtf Stroll

dialtone
dialtone

Juzh wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 08:23
dialtone wrote:
I agree with them. No run off area, long left hander, Merc has a lot of wheel wobble, Ferrari porpoising a lot, other teams probably not being so stable, I can't imagine an overtake being super safe there without the wing, and it's long enough that it could even happen with 3 cars for maximum unsafety.
So because mercedes and ferrari have problems with their extreme car setups they now removed drs? Red bull is silky smooth and has been gaining loads when DRSed, a tenth at least vs ferrari and more vs others.
This argument fails anyway. Now that they removed DRS ferrari has transformed into a trampoline because they don't shed any rear load, making the problem worse.

In essence they cut 1 or 2 tenths out of red bull's quali pace with this silly change and will make the race worse off. Jeddah has loads of curved DRS zones and none bat an eye, yet here it's suddenly a problem. wtf
You see that porpoising is now worse off for Ferrari and yet you think the only car to pay this change is RedBull? Huh?

Jeddah has been called so dangerous that drivers shouldn't race there... smh
Last edited by dialtone on 09 Apr 2022, 08:26, edited 1 time in total.

Artur Craft

Mr.S wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 08:22
Mick was very good till S2, lost huge in S3, traffic of mistake I dunno, was way ahead of Mag. KMAG is obviously not in his peak this weekend with health issues. The Haas car belongs somewhere around Alfa Romeo or maybe a tenth slower.
My impression too but I don´t have the f1app so I don´t know exactly how much Mick lost. He was only ~0.68s slower than Max while Kmag was 1.1s on S2. I reckon he made mistakes because nobody else was between him and Kevin.

Traffic will be insane once we go green, I´m afraid Mick might get punished for not getting that lap together

Mr.S
Mr.S

Pany wrote:
Stroll too, incompetent. This new formula is not for amateurs
Stroll is also here because of his dad but he is not as bad as Latifi or Mazepin. He is bang mediocre & is okay for a Minardi type car or maybe current Williams. Latifi is not even in that level. Even Hulkerberg or Gio are better as reserve drivers !

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

Mr.S wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 08:24
Latifi is a disaster. I think Russel may have looked better than he was, due to Latifi. Albon, who is no prodify is destroying Latifi & is 0.5-1s quicker in qualifying sometimes.

The guy crashes all the time & is in his 3rd season. Mazepin has got all the hate for being a pay driver & rightfully for being a pathetic person but Latifi is also a slow pay drive taking a grid spot when F2 Champion like Piastri is waiting for a seat !

Teams will lose much more in $ by being 1 or 2 spot behind in the Constructors given the amount of money F1 is bringing in than the sponsorship of a pay driver !
I dont really see what latifi did wrong in this instance. He was more than fully alongside stroll when they made contact, and stroll was looking right almost up untill they touch.

politburo
politburo

Stroll really tried the revenge card
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

Juzh

dialtone wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 08:25
Juzh wrote:
dialtone wrote:

You see that porpoising is now worse off for Ferrari and yet you think the only car to pay this change is RedBull? Huh?

Jeddah has been called so dangerous that drivers shouldn't race there... smh
Just showing how flawed your initial argument was. I don't believe that was actually the reason they did it, but end result is the same.

search

Williams expected Stroll to go for a hot lap and told Latifi to let him through. As he backed off though, Latifi tried to back in front, and Stroll closed the door on him. Aston Martin even told him to try to stay ahead, so maybe it was on purpose. No matter what, I'd say it's more on Stroll.

LM10
LM10

Juzh wrote:
dialtone wrote:

Helmut Marko told that it was only Alpine having problems with DRS in that section and wanted it to be removed.

Mr.S
Mr.S

Artur Craft wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 08:26
Mr.S wrote:
Mick was very good till S2, lost huge in S3, traffic of mistake I dunno, was way ahead of Mag. KMAG is obviously not in his peak this weekend with health issues. The Haas car belongs somewhere around Alfa Romeo or maybe a tenth slower.
My impression too but I don´t have the f1app so I don´t know exactly how much Mick lost. He was only ~0.68s slower than Max while Kmag was 1.1s on S2. I reckon he made mistakes because nobody else was between him and Kevin.

Traffic will be insane once we go green, I´m afraid Mick might get punished for not getting that lap together
Yes his lap was looking very good. He was atleast half a second quicker than KMAG with little more than half the lap gone but don't know what happened.

Zhou is 1s slower almost than Bottas. New Drivers need to given a season with an experienced driver to judge atleast. Not everyone is a Verstappen, Hamilton or Leclerc. This whole Mick is useless, Vettel is over etc has to stop - People need to be patient till the summer break except Latifi perhaps !

chrisc90

Selective policing of body jewellery?

No idea what’s going on there, bring a rule in and have huge debate on it, then some still get away with jewellery left in.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

At this point , all I want is to see Seb in Q2 lol.

Juzh

LM10 wrote:
09 Apr 2022, 08:28
Juzh wrote:
dialtone wrote:

Helmut Marko told that it was only Alpine having problems with DRS in that section and wanted it to be removed.
Absurd if true. If one team has a problem there then they should just not use it.