Oracle Red Bull Racing RB19 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
napoleon1981
napoleon1981

Re: Oracle Red Bull Racing RB19 Speculation Thread

AR3-GP wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 00:27
napoleon1981 wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 00:00
organic wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 21:53

If this is rb19 seems the drs mechanism layout is the same as before
Im [-o< you are wrong
What's so special about the DRs mechanism?
For a couple of years this appears to be the most poorly engineered piece of the RB cars.

EJ22B
EJ22B

AR3-GP wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 23:17
Scorpion19 wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 16:58
Apparently, the RB19 moved from an air-air intercooler to an air-2-cooler.

That is pretty heavy speculation that you are posting.

Red Bull and HPD are independent companies. There would not have been any tech transfer. Red Bull don't need HPD to do a new inter-cooler design of they wanted to do one.
Any modification to the power unit can only be carried by Honda. Adding an air to water setup similar to the HPD's imsa engine is something that will need changes to be made to the intake manifold which can only be carried out by Honda.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

EJ22B wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 01:10
AR3-GP wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 23:17
Scorpion19 wrote:

That is pretty heavy speculation that you are posting.

Red Bull and HPD are independent companies. There would not have been any tech transfer. Red Bull don't need HPD to do a new inter-cooler design of they wanted to do one.
Any modification to the power unit can only be carried by Honda. Adding an air to water setup similar to the HPD's imsa engine is something that will need changes to be made to the intake manifold which can only be carried out by Honda.
The intercoolers are not part of the power unit. Mclaren and Mercedes have very different intercooler arrangement because of this fact.

That doesn't mean HRD and Red Bull don't have some collaboration as to what is best, but I really doubt that HPD has any involvement whatsoever (HPD is not HRD or HRC)

djones
djones

It looks very similar to the 18 to my eyes.

But then again, why wouldn’t it. Rule changes aside, they could have probably brought the final spec 18 unchanged and won the first 10 races such was its advantage.

StijnVL96
StijnVL96

ringo wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 22:10
Scorpion19 wrote:

I think the car does not have a simpler sidepod like scarbs suggested. The side wash ridge or hump on top of the sidepod, that aston martin copied, is very much still there and even more aggressive.
Also it seems the sidepods have less undercut and that's where the bigger flank may be true. It's all hard to tell.
I do agree with the other stuff like the front wing etc. I think the front wing changes are because of the increased height for the floor edge.
For some reason, I feel redbull will go extreme on cooling with this car and have some reliability issues. It seems unlike them to go conservative and have an RB18b.
I agree with you, here's my drawing of what the sidepod looks like:

gandharva

From the potato images/clips I assume RB19 will feature an Aston Martin style FW.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

That's some irony isn't it?

The way the AMR22 B-spec looked so similar to RB18 except for the front wing. And then RB follow up by borrowing the AMR22 front wing :lol:

gandharva

Fear my video editing skills ^^
Last edited by gandharva on 13 Feb 2023, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.

nico5

gandharva wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 20:03
https://streamable.com/uwmjal
Looks a lot like a Ferrari sidepod in front view? Way less undercut than last year and round inlet lip. From the side pretty similar to the RB18

BlueCheetah66
BlueCheetah66

gandharva wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 20:03
Fear my video editing skills ^^
https://streamable.com/uwmjal
I reckon they've done something interesting with the cannon shelf section. It looks as though it cuts in tight early on to allow for more space on the top of the sidepod to downwash. The general shape of the sidepod looks similar to last year to me, maybe slightly more bulky in the old undercut region

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I have a feeling that we will see an Alpine/Aston Martin -esque scallop in the top of the sidepod.

this feature seems to be very popular.

e30ernest
e30ernest

From that video the engine looks shrink-wrapped. Looks to have a very tight rear end.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 03:30
Wow, someone with a camera delivered.

There's a kink on the top of the sidepod edge, like the Red Bull.

In my estimation, AM, RB, and Alpine all will have a very similar sidepod.

Alpine still has the very ugly cooling inlet however...
Replied to something you said in Alpine thread.

could be wrong but I think RB are doing something slightly different to what Alpine & AMR seem to both be doing. RB have a floating sidepod almost. Their sidepod is out at legality for the "slabby" portion but all the way along the sidepod there is a substantial undercut.

This continuous undercut was of course an rb18 feature and was apparent when the sidepod was viewed from the front

But i feel maybe this feature is exaggerated on the rb19:

It's also something that other teams such as alpine and AMR who are opting for slab pods haven't adopted for '23. Even McLaren who have a sidepod that has the downwashing crease also doesn't adopt this extra undercut

AMG.Tzan

organic wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 03:48
AR3-GP wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 03:30
Wow, someone with a camera delivered.

There's a kink on the top of the sidepod edge, like the Red Bull.

In my estimation, AM, RB, and Alpine all will have a very similar sidepod.

Alpine still has the very ugly cooling inlet however...
Replied to something you said in Alpine thread.

could be wrong but I think RB are doing something slightly different to what Alpine & AMR seem to both be doing. RB have a floating sidepod almost. Their sidepod is out at legality for the "slabby" portion but all the way along the sidepod there is a substantial undercut.

This continuous undercut was of course an rb18 feature and was apparent when the sidepod was viewed from the front

https://cdn-4.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... deta-1.jpg

But i feel maybe this feature is exaggerated on the rb19:

https://i.imgur.com/gtJxvJl.png

It's also something that other teams such as alpine and AMR who are opting for slab pods haven't adopted for '23. Even McLaren who have a sidepod that has the downwashing crease also doesn't adopt this extra undercut
This car is going to be even faster on the straights!

Look at how much low drag wings they are already using…which apparently means they are getting all the downforce they need through their floor!

Understeer was pretty much their only “problem” last year! New Pirellis already solve this… :oops:
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

What could it be that RB are hiding? All this secrecy just to roll out a mildly revised RB18? :?