2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Space-heat
Space-heat

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

deadhead wrote:
03 Apr 2024, 18:08
LEC has been struggling in quali so far this year so hopefully better this weekend

dialtone wrote:
03 Apr 2024, 05:40
What I’m curious to see is how conservative they will be with their wings.

There’s more to gain still in the setup than other stuff, it’s already a much better season than last year, bordering on better than 2022 as well, you did a good job, I’d love to see them daring a bit more with the car now. Early stint is the only weakness, other than that it’s just improving a bit across the board.

Maybe the rain won’t allow too much in japan, but Miami is definitely in my crosshairs for tracks where I’d like to see a car with monza style wings.
Right, they don't seem as concerned about the wings this year since I guess the floor is doing it's thing properly, but it will be nice to see what the car is like with a low DF package
Are we expecting a low DF package this weekend? I thought the expectation was the same wing as the first three races given S1.

scuderiabrandon

Space-heat wrote:
03 Apr 2024, 18:36
deadhead wrote:
03 Apr 2024, 18:08
LEC has been struggling in quali so far this year so hopefully better this weekend

dialtone wrote:

There’s more to gain still in the setup than other stuff, it’s already a much better season than last year, bordering on better than 2022 as well, you did a good job, I’d love to see them daring a bit more with the car now. Early stint is the only weakness, other than that it’s just improving a bit across the board.

Maybe the rain won’t allow too much in japan, but Miami is definitely in my crosshairs for tracks where I’d like to see a car with monza style wings.
Right, they don't seem as concerned about the wings this year since I guess the floor is doing it's thing properly, but it will be nice to see what the car is like with a low DF package
Are we expecting a low DF package this weekend? I thought the expectation was the same wing as the first three races given S1.
When was Suzuka ever a low downforce circuit, and why would it change all of a sudden?

Having a floor create a bigger percentage of the net downforce level means they don't have to go heavier on the wings than necessary. Ferrari also had an issue where the bigger wings had an unpleasant side effect of creating excessive understeer, therefore the car is now less sensitive to wings changes but in a different sense.
Last edited by scuderiabrandon on 03 Apr 2024, 18:54, edited 2 times in total.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

dialtone wrote:

I'd be surprised if there's really that much more ultimate performance in the car after three weekends and a full test of dry running of data and testing, especially after saying the car is behaving very much like they expected from simulations, but I'm sure there's still room to optimize the Saturday<->Sunday performance combination, sure. I think we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves in thinking Australia was some 'leap forward' for Ferrari more than it was just the track suiting them particularly well compared to Bahrain/Jeddah.

As for wings, I think this weekend we better hope that Ferrari are bringing their previous wing configurations given the rain prognosis.

Vanja #66

A nice interview on tyre performance with a Ferrari engineer in team's Suzuka preview

https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/formula1/ ... 24-preview

I think it’s been a clear target for the team to improve performance during the races and therefore the issue has been tackled from several angles. From a car development point of view there has been more focus on providing a consistent platform for the drivers: this means we have a more predictable car which makes it easier for the drivers not to overstress the tyres in different race scenarios such as running in traffic, dealing with changing wind or losing the peak grip from the tyre later as the stint goes on.

Trackside we have also been working closely with the drivers to construct a plan for each race, defining how and where we need to look after the tyres in order to reach the end of the race in the fastest possible time, based on the strategy and specific demands of each circuit. We can then follow this in real-time during the race and can feedback to the drivers if necessary over the radio.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

So 4 straight races with the same rear wing spec? Very interesting.

Cs98
Cs98

Xyz22 wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 12:08
This was always the right spec for Suzuka, Jeddah was the outlier.

Sevach
Sevach

Cs98 wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 12:24
Xyz22 wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 12:08
This was always the right spec for Suzuka, Jeddah was the outlier.
I agree, Jeddah was the weird choice, the other tracks count as medium high load.
Probably will see the same wing a 5th time in China.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

last Race before the weekend started Ferrari were quite confident, Charles saying they will be competitive etc. This time they are back to Red bull will be quite bit ahead and are not so bullish. can Ferrari simulator also predict where the opponent will be based on some of the data they gather on track?

JPower
JPower

Fakepivot wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 14:29
last Race before the weekend started Ferrari were quite confident, Charles saying they will be competitive etc. This time they are back to Red bull will be quite bit ahead and are not so bullish. can Ferrari simulator also predict where the opponent will be based on some of the data they gather on track?
Yep, within reason.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Fakepivot wrote:

This was our gap last year according to this account.
Staying under 0.45s would be great.

Emag
Emag

Xyz22 wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 16:52
Fakepivot wrote:

My god, I had forgotten how much far ahead in front RedBull was at some races last year.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Emag wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 16:58
Xyz22 wrote:
Fakepivot wrote:

My god, I had forgotten how much far ahead in front RedBull was at some races last year.
The narrative was hilarious. RB 19 is one of the most dominant car of all time.

Vanja #66

It's been almost 10 years since that fatal accident for Jules Bianchi. We will never forget you Jules!

And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

JPower
JPower

Xyz22 wrote:

Oof...

LM10
LM10

I’m predicting Ferrari as second force with both cars. I don’t think that McLaren’s high speed advantage is big enough to make up their disadvantage relative to Ferrari’s mighty medium speed pace and also low speed pace.

Ferrari’s excellent deg on this track with high stress on tyres would put them in a particularly good position - totally contrary to last year - if there was no risk of rain for Sunday this time…