Lotus E22 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Thunder

Re: Lotus E22 Renault

@turbof1: I agree, the McLaren / Red Bull Bridge is such a simple solution. Why bother with asymetrical stuff?

I really want to see a Monkey Seat on that. Could be strange.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

turbof1

Callum wrote:Am I not right in thinking that there was a rule that stated that the exhaust exit had to be along the centreline of the car?

Maybe they have said the 'centreline' is from the front nose tip straight back, parallel to the track of the car...?
No I believe they can have the exit off centre (by 5 degrees? Is that correct?) I don't believe though that is a desirable solution, as it could lead to inconsistent downforce due differences in upwash left and right beneath the rear wing.
#AeroFrodo

Blackout

Looks like a temporary solution. Dont forget Lotus got some delays...
Last edited by Blackout on 19 Feb 2014, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

Thunder

The Exhaust regulations were posten on Page 17. It does NOT have to be in the Center.
#aerogollum

Alonso Fan

RZS10 wrote:
painkiller wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:I think that the exhaust is in the centre, its just that on this picture, http://images.scribblelive.com/2014/2/1 ... 9a_800.jpg , the exhaust seems further inside the bodywork, but in the centre, and in this picture, http://img2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/For ... 755959.jpg it is definitely in the centre but has the pipe pertruding out of the bodywork more

that's my thoughts :)
if you look on the space between exhaust and bodywork on th left and right side of the exhaust it couldn´t be in the center. also on the picture from the left side the exhaust is right to the middle so its not the perspective.
Yep, it's fairly easy to see it's not center ... look here: green line is in the center of the rear wing where the central wing support is attached to the wing, the support makes room for the exhaust (red line) and is clearly attached to the left side of the crash strucutre (lower red circle) ... if the exhaust was center the right red circle would need to cross the green line at some point:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/141 ... center.jpg
yep, makes sense, you're right
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

turbof1

Thunders wrote:@turbof1: I agree, the McLaren / Red Bull Bridge is such a simple solution. Why bother with asymetrical stuff?

I really want to see a Monkey Seat on that. Could be strange.
I don't think they can get a monkey seat above it. No bodywork is allowed around the area where the exhaust gasses flow to.
#AeroFrodo

danielk
danielk

apparently Lotus are saying if the wind tunnel figures are correct the car will be incredibly fast

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 64819.html
LOPEZ - "We have a super car. The boys can not believe the wind tunnel values., If we implement the downforce on the track, the thing goes like hell. I kan only hope that makes us the engine is not upset by the bill. Not that it one is at the end of three championships. Depending on a Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault. "

AnthonyG

It looks like a deep V-cut, but actually there are 2 more rectangular panels over it.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

Thunder

danielk wrote:apparently Lotus are saying if the wind tunnel figures are correct the car will be incredibly fast

LOPEZ - "We have a super car. The boys can not believe the wind tunnel values., If we implement the downforce on the track, the thing goes like hell. I kan only hope that makes us the engine is not upset by the bill. Not that it one is at the end of three championships. Depending on a Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault. "
As it's coming from Lopez is say thats fishing for Sponsors. Not that the Car is bad but it's a little too early to make such a Statement.
#aerogollum

FrukostScones

Thunders wrote:
danielk wrote:apparently Lotus are saying if the wind tunnel figures are correct the car will be incredibly fast

As it's coming from Lopez is say thats fishing for Sponsors. Not that the Car is bad but it's a little too early to make such a Statement.
He says IF the values are correct and IFthe engine will not betray them. I think he is pretty open and realistic yet optimistic.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Blackout

Omnicorse reported something similar about the Lotus windtunnel numbers long time ago. I have faith in omnicorce since all their 'scoops' were true (Lotus twin nose, Mclaren special rear suspensions, Ferrari using air/water intercooler, Caterham pull rods at the front etc) :mrgreen:

turbof1

We got proof omnicorse is actually ripping things off this forums without crediting.
#AeroFrodo

desl
desl

stefan_ wrote:Winter Testing 2014 - Session 2, Day 1 - Bahrain (19.02.2014)
Nice picture, it could be compared really good withLotus' render fo the E22, released some weeks ago.

I think it's quite interesting, that the actual bodywork around the exhaust differs a lot to the bodywork shown in the rendered image.
Looks like they tried to make it much more easier for hot air to leave the car than they originally may have planned.

stefan_
stefan_

turbof1 wrote:We got proof omnicorse is actually ripping things off this forums without crediting.
Really? I didn't know that.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

turbof1

Check the mclaren car thread. A member posted an image where he added arrows on it. Omnicorse subsequently took that image and removed the red arrows, but checking closely you can still see some traces.
#AeroFrodo