2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Funnier is,

PetroBras is on the verge of making a entry in F1 again through Mclaren, and one can only wonder whether that might mean we won't see a orange-blue but rather a (papaya) orange Mclaren with green in it's livery

And would 100% inclujde Sergio Sette Camara as a development driver alongside Lando Norris, to potentially replace either Alonso or VanDoorne in 2019, or later on.

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

proteus

Webber2011 wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 12:22
If McLaren are challenging Red Bull this coming season I will personally pay $20 to each of the next five fans who think that's possible.

Let's get this straight before everyone jumps in for some free cash :lol:
If McLaren are closer than 50 points to Red Bull at the 2018 season end I'll pay up

Honestly, the first five who reply to this comment are the one's I'll honour, and pay up if necessary.
Are you game enough to offer the same ? ? ?

I reckon they will be at least 150 points behind Red Bull
Never say no to a 20 =P~ , but what if they are ahead? :lol:
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

RonDennis
RonDennis

techman wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 14:27
some mclaren Renault news. mclaren losing sponsors for 2018. looks like sponsors have no confidence even with a renault engine , mclaren will be title champs in near future. i guess best to leave a sinking ship like mclaren. just look what happened to the onces great williams
https://motorlat.com/notas/f1/3495/mcla ... 6g.twitter
You really can't stand it that even 100 million wasn't enough to keep those Japanese amateurs on board. :lol:

Comparing McLaren with Williams, haha, your intense hate for McLaren makes my day.

NathanOlder

Hardly Japanese amateurs. Honda have probably won more world titles in the last 10 years than Mclaren will ever win.

Hardly the work of amateurs. Mclaren will be closer to amateurs than Honda ever will be. And neither should be mentioned in the same sentence as the word amateur
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

makecry
makecry

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 00:55
Hardly Japanese amateurs. Honda have probably won more world titles in the last 10 years than Mclaren will ever win.

Hardly the work of amateurs. Mclaren will be closer to amateurs than Honda ever will be. And neither should be mentioned in the same sentence as the word amateur
And yet they have managed to produce the worst PU in recent history.

NathanOlder

As have Renault.2014 they were the worse.

Someone has to be last.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Jolle
Jolle

Manoah2u wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 16:13
Funnier is,

PetroBras is on the verge of making a entry in F1 again through Mclaren, and one can only wonder whether that might mean we won't see a orange-blue but rather a (papaya) orange Mclaren with green in it's livery

http://www.petrobras.com.br/sitepetrobr ... social.png

And would 100% inclujde Sergio Sette Camara as a development driver alongside Lando Norris, to potentially replace either Alonso or VanDoorne in 2019, or later on.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/544a6c5b304 ... 1_1280.jpg
http://78.media.tumblr.com/8d894c4e1be5 ... 3_1280.jpg
Would be a re-entry (of Petrobas). they were a partner/sponsor of Williams upto 2016.

But whatever reason (changing ownership, drivers sponsors of changing marketing direction), Mclaren isn’t doing well on the sponsor side since 2012/2013. And that is at least troublesome.

ME4ME

If I recall correctly Williams planned to use Petrobras products but ultimatly it didn't happen and the partnership turned into a marketing excercise only. Petrobras didn't deliver, and so the question is why will they now? Or is it yet another branding exercise with Mclaren using fuel and lubricants supplied via their engine supplier..

DFX
DFX

ME4ME wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 02:19
If I recall correctly Williams planned to use Petrobras products but ultimatly it didn't happen and the partnership turned into a marketing excercise only. Petrobras didn't deliver, and so the question is why will they now? Or is it yet another branding exercise with Mclaren using fuel and lubricants supplied via their engine supplier..
I believe that Petrobras isn't ready to produce fuel and lubricants to F1 yet, as they used to do circa 2004. The sponsorship will be financial only, but i heard that they are preparing and investing in R&D facilities in the area to start production in the near future.

So they will use Petrobras products name but will buy those elsewhere, like they, reportedly, did with Castrol.

mclaren111

Mclaren Website:
New year, new season. One team, one name. #BelieveInMcLaren

There we have it.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

what do we have there then?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

mclaren111

No title sponsor in name. As Zak said.

No Renault in name. Strange ?? !!

Just McLaren !! Not McLaren F1 Racing etc

McLaren in Black and White !! :( :shock: :shock: :(

RonDennis
RonDennis

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 00:55

This is a F1 forum, I couldn't care less if they won every other category. They have failed in F1 for the last 20 years, even with the all money they're spending and the faciclities they have. People just look at the three years, but I suggest you take a look at the period before that.
DFX wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 05:51
ME4ME wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 02:19
I believe that Petrobras isn't ready to produce fuel and lubricants to F1 yet, as they used to do circa 2004. The sponsorship will be financial only, but i heard that they are preparing and investing in R&D facilities in the area to start production in the near future.

So they will use Petrobras products name but will buy those elsewhere, like they, reportedly, did with Castrol.
Castrol will probably deliver the goods, since they can develop fuel for two teams that use the same engine. Castrol was just a supplier and not a sponsor last year.

diffuser

Right, if you take Indy as an example, half the cars were running Honda, the other half Chevy..... Hardly a competition from engine perspective.

Webber2011
Webber2011

proteus wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 21:38
Never say no to a 20 =P~ , but what if they are ahead? :lol:
Well I'm not paying more if they are that's for sure :lol:
But I'll stand by my offer mate :wink:
Are you game to send me $20 if they finish more than 50 points behind Red Bull ? ? ?
Craigy wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 12:28
I think it's possible and I claim my $20.
Righto Craigy, you're on :wink:
I'm looking forward to my $20 mate :lol:
DFX wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 15:22
Well, I will bookmark this just in case :mrgreen:
Ok mate, so does that mean you're in for this punt ?
diffuser wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 15:41
I presume you're talking about the constructors....
Yeah mate for sure.
I honestly think it will be a miracle if McLaren can get within 50 points of Red Bull this season.
So I'll put $20 up if you will :lol:

Anyhow guys, I stick by my promise because I honestly can't picture McLaren being close, let alone on par or in front of Red Bull in 2018.

And I need something to keep my nerves on edge during the boring races.
There's nothing better for that than the thought of losing some hard earned :lol: :lol: :lol: