2023 Las Vegas Grand Prix - Las Vegas, Nov 16 - 18

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Gooch
Gooch

Re: 2023 Las Vegas Grand Prix - Las Vegas, Nov 16 - 18

What little excitement I have left for this race will be completely gone if it's all DRS passes completed before the braking zones.

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

I wonder if the Haas car will still overheat the tires and destroy them, or if it will turn into a rocket.

dren

Gooch wrote:
13 Nov 2023, 21:02
What little excitement I have left for this race will be completely gone if it's all DRS passes completed before the braking zones.
Start drinking early and don't watch the race.
Honda!

dren wrote:
13 Nov 2023, 21:53
Gooch wrote:
13 Nov 2023, 21:02
Start drinking early and don't watch the race.
Or drink every time a pass is completed before the braking zone.

cplchanb
cplchanb

Re: Las Vegas 2023

JordanMugen wrote:
13 Nov 2023, 18:21
basti313 wrote:
13 Nov 2023, 16:48
Well, I think one of the bad things is, that there is no F2 and F3 race. Same issue some years ago in Turkey...no rubbering in of the track. At least there are roadcars working the track a bit.
I would make it mandatory for new tracks to run F2 and F3 before or at the first weekend. Just to generate the necessary data and rubber.
There are no support races?!
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 4GKyF.html

No Indy NXT, no Formula F, no LeMons racing, no Trans Am, no anything?

One worries if this event is truly focussed on motorsport. :wtf:

It sounds like the only "support" event is the Pirelli Hot Laps which is the Minardi/Arrows Two & Three seaters run by Paul Stoddart, though by the name it sounds like they use Pirelli tyres now which will help your point.
if they really focused on motorsport they wouldnt have come here. this is purely a vanity event in desperate hopes of mimicking the monaco gp in murica.

Otromundo

Well, as Isola says, it is an unprecedented situation. It doesn't sound bad at all.

Although I think they should be more generous with the tires. Those who give the show are going to have a lot of work and very little time.

I guess in the USA they have enough technology to prevent asphalt from being an ice skating rink. Let us pray that this is the case.

No accidents, clean starts and/or exits. No safety cars. And number 31 should drink a liter of lime blossom tea before starting each session. I'm sorry to say this but too many times he's a rolling danger. I hope almost all of us agree.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

JordanMugen

cplchanb wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 01:02
if they really focused on motorsport they wouldnt have come here. this is purely a vanity event in desperate hopes of mimicking the monaco gp in murica.
The Monaco Grand Prix has lots of support races, a historic F1 event a week or two before, and a Formula E event another week or two before that though!

mendis
mendis

Why is it that every new circuit is criticised to death, only to see it as an entertaining thing that we want more of it. Singapore, Baku, Saudi, Abu Dhabi, Miami etc., Even Vietnam, which didn't happen in the end. Saudi was dubbed as a death trap because of enclosure and high speed. It turned out to be a fascinating circuit offering great racing. Give it a break and give it a chance. Vegas is a new adventure for modern cars and drivers to adapt to new demands. Let's see how this turns out before criticizing it.

Get rid of that lousy Monaco.

search

I'll never be able to unsee that anymore, I'm afraid

F1Krof

search wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 10:02
I'll never be able to unsee that anymore, I'm afraid

https://i.imgur.com/nQXZjFP.png
Exactly :lol:
Wroom wroom

basti313
basti313

cplchanb wrote:
JordanMugen wrote:
basti313 wrote:
Well, I think one of the bad things is, that there is no F2 and F3 race. Same issue some years ago in Turkey...no rubbering in of the track. At least there are roadcars working the track a bit.
I would make it mandatory for new tracks to run F2 and F3 before or at the first weekend. Just to generate the necessary data and rubber.

It sounds like the only "support" event is the Pirelli Hot Laps which is the Minardi/Arrows Two & Three seaters run by Paul Stoddart, though by the name it sounds like they use Pirelli tyres now which will help your point.
Well, I do not see it like this.
Motorsport on site is close to dead if they just go to remote tracks without side program. Baku, Spore, Monaco...these are still the races with the most spectators on site. F1 still is the pinacle, if you look at other series the "grandstands" are simply empty....and F1 is also not good on this.
They have to get more attractive venues and Vegas is definitely one of them.

What I am criticizing is only how the event is set up. It would not put a burden on the organization to have F2 race there...maybe even first practice on Thursday. Would have also solved the tire nightmare at Qatar to have F2 data on the tires. Now they are completely blind on a track they do not know which develops like crazy...
Don`t russel the hamster!

Mogster

cplchanb wrote:
JordanMugen wrote:
basti313 wrote:

At least Monaco has a full schedule of support races. F3, F2, Porsche GTs and other demo stuff.

I’m surprised Liberty hasn’t taken the full package to the US yet.

mzivtins
mzivtins

basti313 wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 11:58
if you look at other series the "grandstands" are simply empty...
My man, have you heard of fia group gt3

Ever heard of a guy called Valentino Rossi?

Heard of tracks called, spa, Donington park, brands hatch, Lemans?

Group gt3, Lemans, crowdstrike spa 24, Macau absolutely pack out venues.

Funny that there are races on the f1 calendar with less attendence than a humble British track like brands hatch when racing comes for the weekend

Mogster

I haven’t noticed big crowds at the regular SRO GT events, British GT pulls 10-15k. The BTCC at similar venues will get 20-40k. Attendances at British GT have improved quite a bit, maybe with it being on Sky in the UK. 10 years ago it was pretty thin.

FW17