2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Cs98
Cs98

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Either way it seems like there is a lot of performance in this area from being able to balance out the car between high and low speed, we see it with McLaren, we saw it with the AMR23. I suspect the FIA will look between their fingers here because they want it to remain competitive, but then RB should have a really solid upgrade at some point.

organic

Cs98 wrote:
18 Jun 2024, 09:25
Either way it seems like there is a lot of performance in this area from being able to balance out the car between high and low speed, we see it with McLaren, we saw it with the AMR23. I suspect the FIA will look between their fingers here because they want it to remain competitive, but then RB should have a really solid upgrade at some point.
Yeah probably a big performance gain in low speed and efficiency to come if this is something RB are not currently exploiting

Vanja #66

TimW wrote:
17 Jun 2024, 13:19
So they have been running different setups, and the flex comparison images must have been of Perez' front wing
Interesting, thanks for sharing Checo's FW spec =D> Just checked, it was introduced in Canada, they used same spec wings in Monaco and Imola.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Sergej
Sergej

But the RB20's front wing does actually bend, it's clearly visible from footage, so the point is that it's not as flexible as other teams' wings ? in fact the article says
Anyone who has a wing that individually delivers the desired downforce in slow and fast corners and thus also changes the flow to the rear has a trump card in their hand. Of course Red Bull does that too. At the moment it just looks like McLaren, Ferrari and now possibly Mercedes have stepped up their game in this area.
so I don't quite understand the quote from RB “If this continues to be tolerated, we have to take the same path,” if they are already exploiting this thing.

Venturiation
Venturiation

Sergej wrote:
18 Jun 2024, 09:53
But the RB20's front wing does actually bend, it's clearly visible from footage, so the point is that it's not as flexible as other teams' wings ? in fact the article says
Anyone who has a wing that individually delivers the desired downforce in slow and fast corners and thus also changes the flow to the rear has a trump card in their hand. Of course Red Bull does that too. At the moment it just looks like McLaren, Ferrari and now possibly Mercedes have stepped up their game in this area.
so I don't quite understand the quote from RB “If this continues to be tolerated, we have to take the same path,” if they are already exploiting this thing.
Just trying to blame other teams as using tricks if they catching up to them

organic

Sergej wrote:
I don't think the onboard cameras are a good way of measuring flex. Because they are not just flexing the elements of the wing down but the whole front wing structure can deform and fold.

They would have no benefit to raising it as an issue if they were exploiting this area as much as rivals are, but according to the media RB have been repeatedly raising it since Imola with respect to especially McLaren, lesser extent Ferrari. Then Merc with the new wing also does it. if they were exploiting this area just as much as others I can't think why they would be so keen to get the rule changed?

However importantly there is precedent even under budget cap for this to be rapidly changed if the rules are being exploited as we saw in 2023 with TD018 crippling AMR

Sergej
Sergej

organic wrote:
18 Jun 2024, 10:00
Sergej wrote:
I don't think the onboard cameras are a good way of measuring flex. Because they are not just flexing the elements of the wing down but the whole front wing structure can deform and fold.

They would have no benefit to raising it as an issue if they were exploiting this area as much as rivals are, but according to the media RB have been repeatedly raising it since Imola with respect to especially McLaren, lesser extent Ferrari. Then Merc with the new wing also does it. if they were exploiting this area just as much as others I can't think why they would be so keen to get the rule changed?

However importantly there is precedent even under budget cap for this to be rapidly changed if the rules are being exploited as we saw in 2023 with TD018 crippling AMR
Fair point, but onboard cameras are the tool by which everyone is saying that McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes front wing are bending, and by these footage I can't see a big difference with RB's wing...maybe teams are able to measure flexing with other tools ? for example, how is the FIA measuring flexing when the car is moving ?

Sergej
Sergej

Sergej wrote:
18 Jun 2024, 10:12
organic wrote:
Sergej wrote:

Fair point, but onboard cameras are the tool by which everyone is saying that McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes front wings are bending, and by these footage I can't see a big difference with RB's wing...maybe teams are able to measure flexing with other tools ? for example, how is the FIA measuring flexing when the car is moving ?

organic

Sergej wrote:
organic wrote:
Sergej wrote:

Fair point, but onboard cameras are the tool by which everyone is saying that McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes front wing are bending, and by these footage I can't see a big difference with RB's wing...maybe teams are able to measure flexing with other tools ? for example, how is the FIA measuring flexing when the car is moving ?
Don't they have more camera angles like the 360 degree camera?

Also red bull can provide help to FIA to prove it

F1NAC

organic wrote:
18 Jun 2024, 10:14
Sergej wrote:
organic wrote:

Don't they have more camera angles like the 360 degree camera?

Also red bull can provide help to FIA to prove it
Front wing is too low to be seen on 360 cam

Sergej
Sergej

I don't think you can argue anything from the 360 visual

Cs98
Cs98

Sergej wrote:
Throughout the years with the flexi-wing TDs it has never been about whether or not the wing flexes, it's always been to which degree it flexes. RB thinks that there are teams that are straying over that line again, so they want clarification on how to best proceed. Either the FIA tightens the regulations again, best case for RB, or they say that it is okay and RB will need to re-design its FW to flex more. Either way they gain something.

dialtone
dialtone

Cs98 wrote:
Sergej wrote:
Throughout the years with the flexi-wing TDs it has never been about whether or not the wing flexes, it's always been to which degree it flexes. RB thinks that there are teams that are straying over that line again, so they want clarification on how to best proceed. Either the FIA tightens the regulations again, best case for RB, or they say that it is okay and RB will need to re-design its FW to flex more. Either way they gain something.
There’s always option C. Nobody is doing anything and RBR is just making noise, and there really isn’t anything for them to catch up with either.

Paa

dialtone wrote:
18 Jun 2024, 13:00
There’s always option C. Nobody is doing anything and RBR is just making noise, and there really isn’t anything for them to catch up with either.
And of course we have option D.
FIA does nothing now and we have few interesting races.
RedBull introduces their own version right after the summer break and they nail it as usual.
They go back having a solid advantage over the others.
FIA clamps down flex-wings with a new TD in October.

Cs98
Cs98

dialtone wrote:
18 Jun 2024, 13:00
Cs98 wrote:
Sergej wrote:

What's the upside in wasting your time on an FIA query if there is no possible outcome that benefits you? You are thinking like a fan, not an F1 team.