2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SilviuAgo

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Macklaren wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 19:12
Emag wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 10:45

There is so little paint in this car it's depressing.
I know it matters nothing when it comes to performance, but come on, is it really worth having this dull-looking car for the 1kg of weight some more color would add?

I understand your disappointment re the black but after watching the first 3 races, I think this is an exceptionally well designed livery. 90% of the time we see the front or the back of the car -- not the side -- and the front has a ton of eye-searing orange, which stands out really well. The car is very distinctive on track
This is true, Saw it also in Jeddah, McLaren papaya is very visible from front specially.

https://www.motorsportimages.com/photos ... n_id=20145

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news ... 2071513379

mwillems

Emag wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 10:45
There is so little paint in this car it's depressing.
I know it matters nothing when it comes to performance, but come on, is it really worth having this dull-looking car for the 1kg of weight some more color would add?

I think for the brand image they are trying to build with the papaya McLaren, the look is a rather important aspect of it. They have to go full orange/papaya just like Ferrari goes full red because it's part of their image and brand identity.

I mean, look at this beauty :

https://i.imgur.com/kILu1SG.png
Agree that the black is boring. I think that knowing we can't afford the weight of the paint is what makes it worse.

But please, not full Papaya :D

Abu Dhabi livery thankyou very much :mrgreen:
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

SilviuAgo

Seems we have a small Nostradamus in our team :)))

https://www.total-motorsport.com/f1-mcl ... order/amp/

The McLaren racer correctly predicted Ferrari would challenge Red Bull at the 2024 Australian Grand Prix and now he gives his predictions ahead of the Japanese GP.
“Nothing special’s going to happen this weekend,” Norris said to media ahead of the 2024 Japanese GP. “I think it’s going to be a little more straightforward.
“I think we can still have a good weekend. I think Max will be back on track and then Ferrari and then probably us [McLaren].”

mwillems

CjC wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 17:47

Yea it’s as I expected to be honest, I believe Ferrari might have 2 updates?
Astons is quite large.

Although I totally get why Red Bull and Aston have brought the upgrades it’s a shame that they have- Red Bull especially as it would have been nice to see if McLaren were able to close the delta down to Red Bull compared to last years race but considering how many updates are on the Red Bull I fear the delta to them (and no doubt to pole) will have grown. I hope to be pleasantly surprised though🤞🏻
I suspect the upgrades coming our way will be bigger. The first round of updates comes soon and I suspect the second round is already well into design, simply waiting for some on track correlation and performance evaluation of the first upgrade before being signed off for build. There's a lot of time spent in the new wind tunnel for parts that have not arrived at the car, so I would think there is a lot of work ready to come into maturity.

I may be wrong of course and this may be the Mclaren bias, but I think it makes sense.

-Bandit

mwillems

SilviuAgo wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 20:05
Seems we have a small Nostradamus in our team :)))

https://www.total-motorsport.com/f1-mcl ... order/amp/

The McLaren racer correctly predicted Ferrari would challenge Red Bull at the 2024 Australian Grand Prix and now he gives his predictions ahead of the Japanese GP.
“Nothing special’s going to happen this weekend,” Norris said to media ahead of the 2024 Japanese GP. “I think it’s going to be a little more straightforward.
“I think we can still have a good weekend. I think Max will be back on track and then Ferrari and then probably us [McLaren].”
Whilst we have improved long corner performance... relative to other teams we've taken a step back, and I'm concerned about how much time we might lose in Japan. We tend to get bitten quite hard by the corners we really disagree with.

But then there are things that could work in our favour, not sure how this will play out. Not confident it will be Australia level performance.

-Bandit

Mansell89
Mansell89

I get the impression McLaren are quietly confident here- I think Lando is playing down deliberately.

Of course Red Bull and Max will likely be very impressive but this track should work well for our car.

Have we got any updated details on the car this weekend?

An interesting weekend ahead- weather conditions also potentially changeable.

Tomsky
Tomsky

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Red flag stopped their hot laps. Later they went on used softs.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Lando used the rear wing of the Saudi spec in the first practice.

Darth-Piekus

FittingMechanics wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 06:19
Red flag stopped their hot laps. Later they went on used softs.
1 sec shouldnt be the distance then. I havent seen it but I suppose we are much closer than that.

SilviuAgo

LionsHeart wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 06:37
This weekend seems we have the closest RW to RB

Tomsky
Tomsky

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

SilviuAgo wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 07:51
LionsHeart wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 06:37
This weekend seems we have the closest RW to RB

What is shown in the diagram is Bahrain spec and it was used on both cars in the second practice.

BosF1
BosF1

LionsHeart wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 09:48
What is shown in the diagram is Bahrain spec and it was used on both cars in the second practice.
Given that rain is expected during the race, this would also make a lot of sense. Need to use your highest downforce rear wing in the rain.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

BosF1 wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 09:54
LionsHeart wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 09:48
Given that rain is expected during the race, this would also make a lot of sense. Need to use your highest downforce rear wing in the rain.
The maximum downforce is the other rear wing, which we saw in Hungary and Singapore last year. She was not brought here. The weather has changed. There will be a chance of rain on Saturday and partly cloudy skies on Sunday.