2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
FakeAlonso

Re: 2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

Ted Kravitz ‏@tedkravitz
Some detail while wait for decision on Vettel: I understand problem was low fuel pressure in fuel collector. Reason as yet unexplained

Omegadez
Omegadez

@f1rtp : ÚLTIMA HORA: Vettel sem penalização. Sairá de 3º

Is this true or not????????????????

Omegadez
Omegadez

I thin that we are all hoping that for once the rules are not going to be bent like always, but no I reckon he will get away with it as always...

banibhusan

If its fuel pressure problem and enough fuel was present in the tank then he'll get away with it.

MrBlacky
MrBlacky

One question: They stopped Vettel on purpose, so there wasn't actually a failure on the car at that moment.

This is a breach of the rule, that the car has to reach the pits under its own power, isn't it?

boyracer94
boyracer94

I won't be surprised if he gets away with it, but I will be equally unsurprised if he does get a penalty less harsh than Lewis' in Spain

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

banibhusan wrote:If its fuel pressure problem and enough fuel was present in the tank then he'll get away with it.
this

Cylinder
Cylinder

MrBlacky wrote:One question: They stopped Vettel on purpose, so there wasn't actually a failure on the car at that moment.

This is a breach of the rule, that the car has to reach the pits under its own power, isn't it?
This is what I am thinking...

I need someone technical to explain the following....mainly because I am stupid.

This fuel pressure/pickup system, how does it work (basics)?

I am hearing from some that ''fuel pressure' issues really mean "not enough fuel left in the tank".

turbof1

MrBlacky wrote:One question: They stopped Vettel on purpose, so there wasn't actually a failure on the car at that moment.

The rules state it has to be "force majeure". I think it does not necessarily has to be a failure; if there is evidence enough that there was a problem that didn't manifested yet, but was going to if Vettel continued, then that'll be enough
#AeroFrodo

astracrazy
astracrazy

i bet 100% they get away with it because for them it will be force majeure

so if he hasn't got enough fuel they have to prove its because of an unavoidable accident - basicly
Last edited by astracrazy on 03 Nov 2012, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.

FakeAlonso

I am taking a risk predicting P24 :)

dawguk
dawguk

Well if it is an imminent failure, they will have to fix something, therefore he gets a penalty anyway?

astracrazy
astracrazy

FakeAlonso wrote:I am taking a risk predicting P24 :)
you have to admit, its a good opportunity for the FIA and FOM to spice up the championship for the remanding races....

Cylinder
Cylinder

dawguk wrote:Well if it is an imminent failure, they will have to fix something, therefore he gets a penalty anyway?
Not if they avoided the imminent failure by stopping the car in time?

FakeAlonso

Jake Humphrey ‏
It's 10.30pm here and @alo_oficial is still here, chatting to mates...and waiting for a decision that could change the destiny of the title.