Hispania F110

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Re: Hispania F110

Has anyone been keeping up with the updates (if any) for this car?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Nothing has been added at all. Brundle made mention of this yesterday during the race. Lotus and Virgin were moving forward with various ideas and updates, whereas Hispania remained stagnant with no new discernable updates.
More could have been done.
David Purley

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Thanks JET.

Was a reason given? No funds? The team doesn't believe it would help or matter with this poor chassis? Focusing 100% on 2011?

Either way it's pretty sad and overall it's a poor attempt at running an F1 team, even if it's the maiden season.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

I agree, and Yup all to do with cash. The team will not exist in its current form next year, I expect it to merge with another smaller team, or maybe even just fold.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=42267
David Purley

King Six
King Six

It's amazing that the thread for this car has reached 18 pages. So far I think the only things they have done to this car since Bahrain is change the livery slightly, and place the mirrors onboard as per FIA request to all teams.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Updates:

* Wing mirrors brought inboard
* Electrical system overhauled
* Livery changed from Campos one at Bahrain to HRT one at Spain (No more white rear wing main plane and loss of white stripe on car
* Change of sponsors for Chandhok to Yamamotto
* Constantly revolving driver rota

Thats about it.

And at Monza, the top speed of the HRT was actually slower than most of the GP2 cars, and at Monaco the HRT was slower in average lap time than the leaging GP2 cars by arround 0.15 of a second.

Appart from the Mastercard Lola, probably the worst F1 car ever built. At least the Lotus is using technology that is 5 years old and only a second off the pace of the established teams, and Virgin is using 4 year old tech (generally) and is only arround 1.5-2.2 seconds off the established teams.

The Hispania is very much like a cut-an d shut car for F1, almost a F1 kit car. Geoff Willis has said that even the BAR005 would be a faster car in reality if it were updated to 2010 specs, and the gearbox used in that car is probably better than the one the F110 is using.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

The front wing was also modified, but from the pics in the last few pages it seems that only one element was updated.

Que pena. (What a shame)

King Six
King Six

I think with the 107% rule they would have still qualified more times than not (although this is just a rough guess :P ), so it's not all doom and gloom. There's been, relatively, worse cars on the grid during an F1 season than the F110. And they're looking good to participate in every race of the season and not fold or miss out races or anything.

Things were much 'worse' before in F1, I think we've all become accustomed over recent years, especially during the manufacturer-era of all the cars being pretty top notch.

wesley123
wesley123

well i have to agree with ESP that this was after the Mastercard Lola(Which actually was more an forced hurry from Mastercard than their own mistake) the worst modern formula 1 car. An excuse like that Campos wouldnt pay Dallara is bull as when they did in time the car would still be way off the others. That the GP2 car can even match their pace is something to be ashamed of, I bet the new GP2 car is going to murder this car on raw pace.

Worst of all from this team is that these guys are the reason that we are not getting an 13th team next year.

Also with the car Wilis is designing, who is going to pay for the car and apart from that, who is going to build it? I really really hope that this team wont be on the grid next year, it is ridiculous how the FIA even let them show up when they are regularely slower than GP2 cars and they are driving chicanes, and I am not saying that as an joke. This team is just Formula 3 ready, the level of mechanics and their drives proves that. I mean, who the hell doesnt notice that they didnt took off an tire warmer when exiting the pits?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

wesley123 wrote:Also with the car Wilis is designing, who is going to pay for the car and apart from that, who is going to build it? I really really hope that this team wont be on the grid next year, it is ridiculous how the FIA even let them show up when they are regularely slower than GP2 cars and they are driving chicanes, and I am not saying that as an joke. This team is just Formula 3 ready, the level of mechanics and their drives proves that. I mean, who the hell doesnt notice that they didnt took off an tire warmer when exiting the pits?
The HRT001 that Wills is designing will seemingly be built by a "consultancy" firm in Germany, the same consultancy firm that built the Lotus T127-01 and T127-02 this year untill they got thie Hingham facility up and running, the T127-03 was the first Lotus car built in the UK.

Paying for it, i see a pay driver or two paying more than the $500,000 a race that Yamamotto is paying to be installed in the car, and if Petrov gets booted from Renault or another driver comes allong, this should pay some of it, enen if its only one pay driver. Also if they get some decnet sponsor money, for what they are, id say it, that will pay for it.

To concider the F110 was costing $2M a chassis and $4M for a seasons support and the first "upgrade" package being included in this from Dallara, it was $20M to get the cars on the grid if you also include the start up cost and paying for the Cosworth engine supply, as Bridgestone suply each team with free rubber, this didnt need paid for.

The HRT001, if built will be a decent car, and if the money is there, the team should be in a better shape than in 2010. However, they need to now work on their corperate immage more, supply every engineer and mechanic at race weekends with new shirts every couple of races, stop wearing denims and trainers and for the love of god get a better livery, ditch the whole gun grey thing and introduce a new colour into the F1 grid picture.

HRT have a lot to work on, but if they get things in the garrage right now, they will have a much better start to 2011 than 2010. If they can take a 50% leap forward in lap time, instead of being 8 seconds off the P1 time, they will be arround 4 seconds off the pace, roughly, whitch if the 2011 car is developed correctly, they could be as close to P1 as what Lotus now, this time year next year.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Motorsport.com indicates that Hispania have bought the mothballed Toyota team and will probably race a modified for 2011 TF110(stillborn 2010 Toyota car).
They say that is the reason Heidfeld and Dela Rosa have used the 2009 Toyota chassis for Tyre development.

Finally and perhaps very tellingly, The team is also well behind on payments to Cosworth....

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=392604
David Purley

rich1701
rich1701

ESPImperium wrote:
Appart from the Mastercard Lola, probably the worst F1 car ever built.
Don't forget the Life L190

scarbs
scarbs

ESPImperium wrote:
Apart from the Mastercard Lola, probably the worst F1 car ever built.
But not last in the constructors championship, what does that make the Virgin VR01?

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Motorsport.com indicates that Hispania have bought the mothballed Toyota team and will probably race a modified for 2011 TF110(stillborn 2010 Toyota car).
They say that is the reason Heidfeld and Dela Rosa have used the 2009 Toyota chassis for Tyre development.

Finally and perhaps very tellingly, The team is also well behind on payments to Cosworth....

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=392604
The rumors i have heard is that the Hispania team is not gonna spend the $50million on this, and is secretly up for sale as the equiptment is now fully rented by HRT from Colin Kolles.

And the Toyota Facility is still used by Toyota but for other motorsport usages.

I did hear once that the HRT team has been offered to Toyota for a fee that would mean the HRT owners would break even on the project. And seemingly Toyota have been intrested, but the offer came at the wrong time for TMC.

And for $50M, the team could get the HRT001 designed by Geoff Wills built by a consultancy company, get the team a decent base, and a decent altho small technichal team developing the car at least a couple of times in the year, and get the team to more or less to all the GPs for the season.

And the rumor that Hispania have contacted Williams about the posibility about a simmilar arrangement that Lotus has with Red Bull for gearboses for 2011. Leaving the Virgins the only 2011 team with Xtrac for their transmission. That rumor supports that the HRT will go with the Geoff Willis designed car next year and not buying Toyota Motorsport GmBh.

JGomezH
JGomezH