2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Andi76
Andi76

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

bluechris wrote:
04 Sep 2022, 19:18
Ferrari at the start of the season was fast, right? we all agree on this. Later as the season progressed we saw them loosing in top speed and especially when the DRS was open. They try really hard to fix this and they focus solely in the Rear wing where they make it skinier and skinier in every update. This unbalances the car and the last races we hear the drivers say they dont have good balance. Sainz said the same today.
This is the problem for me. They need to see the overall package and not only the rear wing or the beam wing. RB has a Mega Floor and this is from where they loose for me.
They did not loose topspeed especially when DRS was open when the season progressed. That was from the very beginning of the season. They changed that after a few races and very reasonably fast, equal or even better than the Red Bull. So sorry, thats not the reason and that did not unbalance the car. And at the end of the day - its always about the whole package on a F1 car. But you cannot simply change the whole package of a F1 car and especially(when it comes to Ferrari esoecially) not the aero-philosophy Ferrari has commited to(what i still think is in general a great one with more room for developement the next few years).
The problem Ferrari has is probably that they have lost downforce(even if there is a big difference between qualifying and race i cannot explain and what is a mystery to me)because of the TD. The loos of downforce results in more tyre degradation. The car "itself", as qualifying proves, still has a similar performance and potential than the RB. But only in qualifying.
Last edited by Andi76 on 05 Sep 2022, 07:45, edited 2 times in total.

jumpingfish

Andi76 wrote:
04 Sep 2022, 19:37
In qualifying plank wear does not matter, so Ferrari can run the car as low as the F1-75 "needs" to be run to extract its true potential. But in the race, Ferrari has to run much higher ride heights now, so they loose downforce.
Is it allowed to change the ride height between qualifications and races?

Xyz22
Xyz22

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comme ... s_had_the/

Think "Dialtone" is a member here. Good write up.

Drift4794
Drift4794

Translation:

Ferrari has not solved the problems at Spa.
On a high-load circuit where it would have dominated (according to pre-TD39 races) it continues to slip and overheat, especially with Sainz, or to no longer find consistency in the long run. Leclerc performed a miracle today.

0.5" of regression

hape
hape

Diego Ioverno head of car operations at the track, Italian
Inaki Rueda head of race strategy, Spanish.
One wonders why almost all strategy calls for Leclerc are a complete mess where Sainz has less problems.
One wonders why the pitstops of Sainz go wrong where Leclerc has far less problems.
Of course im joking but it is remarkable still.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

confirmed by sainz and binotto.
Carlos car had damage since 1st lap due to the crash with hamilton

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

hape wrote:
04 Sep 2022, 21:10
Diego Ioverno head of car operations at the track, Italian
Inaki Rueda head of race strategy, Spanish.
One wonders why almost all strategy calls for Leclerc are a complete mess where Sainz has less problems.
One wonders why the pitstops of Sainz go wrong where Leclerc has far less problems.
Of course im joking but it is remarkable still.
never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity

Xyz22
Xyz22

So apparently Sainz floor was damaged. Still they didn't tell him anything about point of downforce lost due to the damage, but only "car is okay, pressures are okay". Either they didn't realize the damage or it wasn't serious. Still a mess of a race overall with also the botched stop and 5s penalty.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Xyz22 wrote:
04 Sep 2022, 23:03
So apparently Sainz floor was damaged. Still they didn't tell him anything about point of downforce lost due to the damage, but only "car is okay, pressures are okay". Either they didn't realize the damage or it wasn't serious. Still a mess of a race overall with also the botched stop and 5s penalty.
You can see the damage done in Hamilton's onboard
A lion must kill its prey.

JPower
JPower

AR3-GP wrote:
04 Sep 2022, 23:38
Xyz22 wrote:
Just watched the replay, pretty hard smack.

One of the guys from formula.uno said it broke and folded a sealing element.

Regardless, if these guys pull another madness at Monza I'm not sure they'll make it out. :lol:

Xyz22
Xyz22

AR3-GP wrote:
Xyz22 wrote:
I saw it yeah. I don't understand why the pitwall didn't say anything to him.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Xyz22 wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 01:32
AR3-GP wrote:
Xyz22 wrote:
I saw it yeah. I don't understand why the pitwall didn't say anything to him.
Don't think that really affected Sainz much. before that stupid pitstop Sainz was running as usual also kept that Mercedes behind. we saw at Silverstone even with front wing damage Leclerc was doing great.
Though no mention of damage seems like they did not notice it at all. Day by day they are drilling a deeper grave.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Drift4794 wrote:
04 Sep 2022, 20:59

Translation:

Ferrari has not solved the problems at Spa.
On a high-load circuit where it would have dominated (according to pre-TD39 races) it continues to slip and overheat, especially with Sainz, or to no longer find consistency in the long run. Leclerc performed a miracle today.

0.5" of regression
there was no certainty what will happen with yuki so can really complain here but then what bothers me that why RB dont do such miatakes ? They never miss out on a SC pit stop.

Andi76
Andi76

jumpingfish wrote:
04 Sep 2022, 20:47
Andi76 wrote:
04 Sep 2022, 19:37
In qualifying plank wear does not matter, so Ferrari can run the car as low as the F1-75 "needs" to be run to extract its true potential. But in the race, Ferrari has to run much higher ride heights now, so they loose downforce.
Is it allowed to change the ride height between qualifications and races?
I thought it would be with TD39, but i checked it again and changes are only allowed untill the end of FP3 and not untill the end of qualifying. But anyway - i still think Ferrari has to set-up their car higher(but already in qualifying) and that makes them loose downforce. In qualifying you can compensate that (25 years ago, when there was no parc-ferme regulations, teams qualifying set-ups always used less downforce than the race set-up), but in the race, its results in tyre degradation and its more diffucult to drive.
Last edited by Andi76 on 05 Sep 2022, 08:53, edited 1 time in total.

Andres125sx

Amazing to read people stating Ferrari do favour Sainz, or he´s just bad. That after a 12.7 seconds pitstop wich sent him into a lot of slow traffic, after an unsafe release wich caused a 5s penalty, and that after Hamilton crashed into him and caused some floor damage... #-o

Do people watch the races?

What a disaster of a team, they did improve a lot with car perfomance, but strategy and pitstops wise, they´re still in the lower part of the midfield