2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KimiRai
KimiRai

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

issey wrote:
29 Aug 2023, 00:42
KimiRai wrote:
28 Aug 2023, 22:21
According to a journalist two tenths is the improvement the new floor has given to Aston Martin. Not enough to beat McLaren or Mercedes in pure performance just yet.
who said that?
https://www.marca.com/motor/formula1/gp ... b4589.html

I know Marca is a bad source but this journalist is more reliable.

NAPI10
NAPI10

KimiRai wrote:
29 Aug 2023, 06:22
issey wrote:
29 Aug 2023, 00:42
KimiRai wrote:
28 Aug 2023, 22:21
According to a journalist two tenths is the improvement the new floor has given to Aston Martin. Not enough to beat McLaren or Mercedes in pure performance just yet.
who said that?
https://www.marca.com/motor/formula1/gp ... b4589.html

I know Marca is a bad source but this journalist is more reliable.
Two tenths improvement is just from floor or entire package introduced at Zandvoort?
Plus, team could not test all the parts due to limited running(as per Alonso); there could be more.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Way too early to tell from one circuit but it could be possible that the car might have gone from downforce monster towards something a bit more like an all-rounder. Early to tell though.

issey
issey

KimiRai wrote:
29 Aug 2023, 15:18

Way too early to tell from one circuit but it could be possible that the car might have gone from downforce monster towards something a bit more like an all-rounder. Early to tell though.
They also removed a little bit of drag with the latest upgrades. Thats how it should be, like Red Bull, they aren’t extremely strong in one one type of corners or something, they are good in everything. Thats better because you can be good at every track not just the type of tracks that suit the characteristics of the car. The AMR23 is know more efficient they still have the downforce, they were good in slow corners but they also were fast on the straights.

KimiRai
KimiRai

NAPI10
NAPI10

KimiRai wrote:
29 Aug 2023, 15:46
Replacing Alonso in FP1? Lance is struggling so much will definitely need more time in car.

KimiRai
KimiRai

NAPI10 wrote:
29 Aug 2023, 16:00
Replacing Alonso in FP1? Lance is struggling so much will definitely need more time in car.
It seems that he will replace Lance instead.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Monza is a good opportunity with the ATA, because everybody has to save more tyres than normal (especially in FP1 with a green track). So it's not as bad for the main driver. Second opportunity is either Abu Dhabi (FP1 in hot temps) or Mexico.

issey
issey

organic

AMuS says that there were reinforcements required on the front wing, and the chief engineer confirms that changes were made to the philosophy (basically saying what Krack said)

AMuS also says the DRS effect improvement has remained with the addition of better cornering in the latest change
Rumors arose during the summer break that Aston Martin had dropped back because the front wing had to be improved at Barcelona & Silverstone. Apparently it bent too much. Most importantly, it bent in a different direction than most of the rivals wings. That fueled suspicion.
McCullough (chief engineer) maneuvered elegantly around a precise answer: "We changed the front wing philosophy a bit compared to the first part of the season. But that was part of the permanent development work."
In fact, the wing had a bit too much play at the connection to the nose. Reinforcement initially cost lap time, but was equalized again. Alonso's second place in the race confirmed Aston Martin in its latest development step.
The car is now more stable in corners across the entire speed range. And you didn't have to sacrifice the DRS bonus for that. That creates confidence in the driver.
From: https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... ederlande/

-wkst-
-wkst-

More important for me from the AMuS article (and Schmidt also talked in their video blog about it):

- AMR were too aggressive with their floor update in Canada
- the aim was to have a better DRS effect - which worked
- but the floor changed the balance and they weren`t as strong as before in slow corners
-Schmidt was told that the new floor in Zandvoort is very much the old floor before Canada but with the DRS effect staying strong

-wkst-
-wkst-

Rearding flexi front wings:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-t ... /10513312/

Curious for Singapore, how competitive the team will be.

SSJ4
SSJ4

do we think the rear jack will be modified in time for monza so they can run the winglet without it breaking off

majki2111

I must say as Alonso fan i really enjoy following him at Aston. To outside it seems this team knows what it is doing formtechnical side, concrete informations from track to outside and positivity and realism on track. =D>

I remember following him at Ferrari, most of news were political where in bad resault fans were bashing team principal an chiefs. :?

In McLaren days nothing went right. Nor political, nor technical. :?

In Alpine, the technical thing was good, from fan perspective I felt Alpine was doing OK but was lacking budget to get to top teams. :roll:

Aston was such a good move for Fernando. I knew team would have dip in performance this year because first half of the year was too good to be true without some problems troughout the year, but I firmly belive the team is on right path and I still belive in one Alonso win by the end of the season. I am/was waitin for it for 10 years. :mrgreen:

Following Alosno in Aston acually initiated old emotions following Alonso in F1 from 2007-2014. :mrgreen: 8) :wink:

diffuser

-wkst- wrote:
30 Aug 2023, 11:09
Rearding flexi front wings:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-t ... /10513312/

Curious for Singapore, how competitive the team will be.
I don't understand why the FIA is doing this in season? They're literally changing the interpretation of the rules in season. Whereas it used to be "whatever passed the wing tests". To "their spirit of the rules".