2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jurgen von Diaz
Jurgen von Diaz

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Cassius wrote:
organic wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 20:32
chrisc90 wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 20:21
Rubbish. Max said in the press conference today he has no intention of leaving.
Van Haren is basically a Max mouthpiece so it wouldn't be written like this for no reason imo

Here's the full context of that. It is said after they give the quote from the press conference, and implies Max couldn't say anything else in the context, but that important to his future is whether red bull can still move forward
... from a British journalist, the follow-up. Whether Verstappen can simply say 'yes' or 'no' about whether he'll drive for Red Bull next year.

Max: "Didn't you hear my answer to that? Okay then: yes. We're focused on next year's car, which means you'll drive for that team then."

Verstappen is in his tenth season in the king class and knows all too well how to deal with these kinds of questions. In fact, he is not saying anything new. And to that last question, 'yes' was the only right answer at the moment. Had he said 'no', the world would have been on fire. And 'yes' is also how he stood on it at the moment, and every time. And why should he add to the heat? With four races left before the summer break, Red Bull needs to show him that the current car, the RB20, is improved. That could also already become an important indication towards the future.
It's impossible to ignore that RB have not improved nearly as much as rivals and I guess this is reaching critical point ? unless it's all smoke

https://archive.ph/DVm2v#selection-753.0-782.0
What everyone tends to forget in this whole discussion on Max leaving is that Max is loyal. Not only to Marko but also to RB and their engine project. Today I read an article that Max is really excited about the RBT project. He follows it closely, has all trust in the team and believes they have all the tools to make it a success.
Max isn't loyal. It's common sense; he's on the best team. The minute the team starts sinking, and you get an opportunity to change to a better team, he'll do it. If you've tasted success, you won't be loyal and struggle. Look at Hamilton; the minute his team is sinking, he jumps to Ferrari when he gets a chance.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 22:19
Cassius wrote:
organic wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 20:32

Van Haren is basically a Max mouthpiece so it wouldn't be written like this for no reason imo

Here's the full context of that. It is said after they give the quote from the press conference, and implies Max couldn't say anything else in the context, but that important to his future is whether red bull can still move forward

It's impossible to ignore that RB have not improved nearly as much as rivals and I guess this is reaching critical point ? unless it's all smoke

https://archive.ph/DVm2v#selection-753.0-782.0
What everyone tends to forget in this whole discussion on Max leaving is that Max is loyal. Not only to Marko but also to RB and their engine project. Today I read an article that Max is really excited about the RBT project. He follows it closely, has all trust in the team and believes they have all the tools to make it a success.
Max isn't loyal. It's common sense; he's on the best team. The minute the team starts sinking, and you get an opportunity to change to a better team, he'll do it. If you've tasted success, you won't be loyal and struggle. Look at Hamilton; the minute his team is sinking, he jumps to Ferrari when he gets a chance.
Your statement of fact just isn’t true. It’s been widely reported that Merc only offered a 1+1 deal to HAM with little commitment beyond as an ambassador. That seems to be why he left. Not because of a sinking ship

Dunlay
Dunlay

Drivers are selfish and Mercenaries. Max is no different. He would leave if he believes the car isn't giving him opportunities to win races and championships to whichever team is offering that opportunity. Everything else is PR.

Sergej
Sergej

Van Haren confirms that Max will take an engine penalty, likely in Spa.

search

if engine #3 is indeed not usable anymore, it'll more likely be 2-3 penalties to come anyway. I wouldn't be too surprised if he takes one this weekend as well.

basti313
basti313

search wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 08:45
if engine #3 is indeed not usable anymore, it'll more likely be 2-3 penalties to come anyway. I wouldn't be too surprised if he takes one this weekend as well.
Hmmm...but this is not a good track to overtake necessarily. I think in the dry this is a good track for processions. And it is the home race for RB.

Would it be possible to throw in a new engine after the Sprint for Sunday? If it is same spec and some "defect" it should not even give a start from the pits. With a wet race on Sunday that might make sense.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Jurgen von Diaz
Jurgen von Diaz

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
Cassius wrote: What everyone tends to forget in this whole discussion on Max leaving is that Max is loyal. Not only to Marko but also to RB and their engine project. Today I read an article that Max is really excited about the RBT project. He follows it closely, has all trust in the team and believes they have all the tools to make it a success.
Your statement of fact just isn’t true. It’s been widely reported that Merc only offered a 1+1 deal to HAM with little commitment beyond as an ambassador. That seems to be why he left. Not because of a sinking ship
Hamilton would have never left for Ferrari if Mercedes were the dominant team. You are "loyal" as long as you benefit from it. And this applies to almost every driver. An F1 driver is more selfish than a 3-year-old child, and that's the key to success.

Cassius
Cassius

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 10:11
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
Hamilton would have never left for Ferrari if Mercedes were the dominant team. You are "loyal" as long as you benefit from it. And this applies to almost every driver. An F1 driver is more selfish than a 3-year-old child, and that's the key to success.
Of course everyone is loyal as long as the performance is there. My point is Max was fully aware of the risks of the engine project. He is invested in it and is loyal to be able to see how they do. Hence he will stay for 2026 as well. If they are very much behind and there is no clear timeline/path to closing the gap to the other engine manufacturers, only then he will reconsider.

Given the loyalty and the statements Max has given on this project I don't believe he will just leave them before the introduction in 2026 based on rumours they might be a bit behind.

Jurgen von Diaz
Jurgen von Diaz

Cassius wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 10:11
101FlyingDutchman wrote: Your statement of fact just isn’t true. It’s been widely reported that Merc only offered a 1+1 deal to HAM with little commitment beyond as an ambassador. That seems to be why he left. Not because of a sinking ship
Of course everyone is loyal as long as the performance is there. My point is Max was fully aware of the risks of the engine project. He is invested in it and is loyal to be able to see how they do. Hence he will stay for 2026 as well. If they are very much behind and there is no clear timeline/path to closing the gap to the other engine manufacturers, only then he will reconsider.

Given the loyalty and the statements Max has given on this project I don't believe he will just leave them before the introduction in 2026 based on rumours they might be a bit behind.
Max is still winning but already concerned about the fact that they have lost dominant position. I don't think this guy is going to watch others collecting wins if he has an offer from a winning team on the table. Of course he is not leaving before 2026 because no one can guarantee the best car.

Sergej
Sergej

another bombshell, really felt the need

Rikhart
Rikhart

Sergej wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 11:18
another bombshell
Such bombshell, much wow :lol:

search

basti313 wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 10:10
search wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 08:45
Hmmm...but this is not a good track to overtake necessarily. I think in the dry this is a good track for processions. And it is the home race for RB.

Would it be possible to throw in a new engine after the Sprint for Sunday? If it is same spec and some "defect" it should not even give a start from the pits. With a wet race on Sunday that might make sense.
Sainz moved up from last to 8th in a McLaren after a penalty in 2019, so I would think it's not a bad track for it. But not wanting to do it in their home race may indeed be a factor, yeah.

The penalty is only applied for the race anyway, though, so I guess if they want to do it, it's more likely going to happen right from the start.

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

Rikhart wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 11:24
Sergej wrote:
another bombshell
Actually it is. It shows the tension that still exists between Verstappen and Horner.

Wouter

Sergej wrote:
another bombshell, really felt the need
A piece translated:

The Austrian branch of the energy drinks company [RB GmbH] had asked the former Formula 1 driver to participate in the Legends Parade.

“But in recent days I have heard from several sources that Christian Horner has done everything he can not to let me drive. And otherwise to ensure that nothing would be filmed.
Then I think: say it to my face. When it goes this way, it is not necessary for me, I find it very disappointing,” Verstappen said in the Austrian paddock.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

SirBastianVettel wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 11:32
Rikhart wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 11:24
Sergej wrote:
another bombshell
Actually it is. It shows the tension that still exists between Verstappen and Horner.
No, the tension between Verstappen, Marko, Mintzlaff on one side and Horner and Yoovidhya on the other side.
See my previous post.
The Power of Dreams!