Mercedes GP W02

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
luca
luca

Re: Mercedes GP W02

Is there some flexing here?

[Credit: Image by Sutton from Formula1.com]

Callum

luca wrote:Is there some flexing here?
The front wing is parallel with the rear wing, i think the car is in roll.

analist01
analist01

Vettel again, ....he seems to be dominating a very long time now, ....

Mercedes Gp P5 and P8, ...Schumacher out qualifying Rosberg in Monaco, ..Who would have tought ?

Hopefully Perez can race tomorrow, good luck to him.

PlatinumZealot

Rosberg didn't get a hot run, that is why. Rosberg would have had MSC by half a second.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Ferraripilot

n smikle wrote:Rosberg didn't get a hot run, that is why. Rosberg would have had MSC by half a second.

Could be right, but also consider Nico hasn't been nearly that fast at Monaco. I think Schu fully pulled out what that chassis is capable of

LionKing
LionKing

I think in the last sector Schumi did 20.2 in Q2 vs 20.4 in his hot lap in Q3 so there was room for a tenth or two improvement.

marcush.
marcush.

At this time as a schumi fan you could say he´s doing business ,but really Rosberg lost it this morning with the crash ,he did really come back well enough considering the damage to the car.
The Best sector times show that Rosberg did not get the third sector right in sector one and 2 they were closely matched.

analist01
analist01

Monaco is a place where overtaking is extremely difficult, you have more chances passing the car for you with a good pitstop. Never ever has the day come that i hope that at least one car from the top 4 wont make the finish, cause a podium would be so awesome for Der Meistro, well thats just me dreaming, ...vettel knocking off hamilton, ....button knocking off alonso and Schumacher winning, haha if that happens tomorrow i will never watch f1 again.

marcush.
marcush.

Schumacher equalling is best Qualy position of Turkey 2010 in Monaco .I feel he could be in for a podium finish .
Maybe that´s what Mercedes and Schumacher need right now.

Byron R
Byron R

Schumacher out, overheating still persists?
Both suffering rear grip/tire issues. Nothing new here. :roll:

analist01
analist01

What an crazy Grandprix so far, it started normal but after glock his car failure the drama started, ...who did not lose a part of his car you can say...curently a red flag with 6 laps to go....

yener

Cooling problem isn't solved at Mercedes, thats clear. Also they still have the issue with tyres which last not long enough.

Most of us agreed that Monaco would be a nightmare. And it was a nightmare.

This season is also lost. Updates won't work anymore since the other teams will also be do the same. I think they need to concentrate on next season again.
If i was Norbert Haug or Ross Brawn i would try a different chassis in the upcoming races.
Use the races as testsessions.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

f1gang
f1gang

what happen this cars...getting worst and bullshit..to sloww..2lap behind front..

Leon
Leon

is the source of problems with rear tires is high temperature from exhaust gases?
Last edited by Leon on 29 May 2011, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.
"Clouds now and again
give a soul some respite from
moon-gazing-behold."

Matsuo Basho

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

I had high hopes after qualifying but Merc have got to be the let down of the race.