2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
venkyhere
venkyhere

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

organic wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 17:35
Sieper wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 17:33
Max said the balance was good immediately. Phfeew, a relief.
Yeah good car balance usually means they won't have issues in the race. Touch wood

There was still Austria '22 when max was happy with the balance and they shredded tyres but other than that...
:mrgreen:

I still think this weekend is McLaren's. Both cars did mistakes in their final SQ3 lap. Expecting P3 in sprint for Max. Unless Russel does a terrorism move and causes a DNF. The drivers I most fear in F1 are Magnussen and Russel. Daredevils.

venkyhere
venkyhere

venkyhere wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 18:02
organic wrote:
Sieper wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 17:33
Max said the balance was good immediately. Phfeew, a relief.
Yeah good car balance usually means they won't have issues in the race. Touch wood

There was still Austria '22 when max was happy with the balance and they shredded tyres but other than that...

I still think this weekend is McLaren's. Both cars did mistakes in their final SQ3 lap. Expecting P3 in sprint for Max. Unless Russel does a terrorism move and causes a DNF. The drivers I most fear in F1 are Magnussen, Ocon and Russel. Daredevils.

Sieper

Ernest Knoors was also expecting a McLaren win tomorrow. Even if Max should have good tire life, there is DRS. He smiled, but for me those are hard to read. The pressure is on.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Good top speed and good in high speed corners.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 20:21

Good top speed and good in high speed corners.
Bodes well for Silverstone then

Dunlay
Dunlay

venkyhere wrote:
organic wrote:

I still think this weekend is McLaren's. Both cars did mistakes in their final SQ3 lap. Expecting P3 in sprint for Max. Unless Russel does a terrorism move and causes a DNF. The drivers I most fear in F1 are Magnussen, Ocon and Russel. Daredevils.
When was the last time Russell took someone out or crashed into someone? If Red Bull didn't manage to build championship winning cars or Mercedes didn't lose the dominance, Max would still be taking cars out and have a far bigger crash record than anyone else on the grid. You probably would have added Max at the front of that list. :lol:

Wouter

Dunlay wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 05:57
venkyhere wrote:
organic wrote:

If Red Bull didn't manage to build championship winning cars or Mercedes didn't lose the dominance,
Max would still be taking cars out and have a far bigger crash record than anyone else on the grid.
You probably would have added Max at the front of that list. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: #-o
The Power of Dreams!

Sieper

Have you seen the last race Dunlay? Have a look at Leclerc and the move by Russell at the start.

It went okay. That is important, but when was the last time Russell pulled a move that could have very realistically ended in tears, well the start of the last race.

Sergej
Sergej

it's super hot today and it will be tomorrow as well

let's see how the car performs in these conditions

Rikhart
Rikhart

Perez is more than half a second slower, in clear air. Rubbish, useless driver.

Sergej
Sergej

first laps were a bit scary but Max pulled a magic against Norris, he really is a step above everyone

then car came to life, good pace and deg, also maybe the McLaren asked too much to their tyres at the beginning

I would say good signs so far, tomorrow it won't be easy though

organic

Sensational from Verstappen as always. Car looks very good considering in low fuel is where McLaren have been quick recently

kediown

No homo but I love this man :lol:

chrisc90

Verstappen is a clear gap ahead of any other driver on the grid.

venkyhere
venkyhere

I wasn't expecting VER to win the sprint. I hope RBR dont touch the car between now and the quali.
VER drove brilliantly. To drive the opening 10 laps without DRS, on a track with 3 DRS zones, with just 10 corners, with two McLarens behind gaining 0.3-0.4 every lap on straights means he had to 'create the gap that he would lose to DRS zones' through the quick direction change high speed turns 6-7-8-9. Which he did. What I found most skillful was how he reacted to NOR divebomb fail. There was a moment he had to literally stop moving by braking 'extra' in the middle of the corner, inorder to not hit the tail of NOR because he too braked abruptly. It was not an over-under move, NOR guarded against over-under and placed his car in the middle of the corner. Still, from 3 to 4 VER drove in the slipstream and pounced on the door left open by NOR at 4. It was clean racing, but it was also a skill show. VER is battle hardened with one-on-ones. Six more months of this top two dogfight, and NOR will hone his racecraft and become a complete WDC material.