About the 2013 Concord Agreement

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

What needs to be done with the FOM profits

Reduce ticket prices for the races viewers
37%
Pay more money to the teams according to old distribution
20%
More support for new teams
15%
Support grass root motor sport world wide by the FiA
12%
Build new and upgrade traditional F1 circuits
10%
Give it to CVC or any other bank owner
1%
I don't care
6%

Total votes: 123

WhiteBlue

Re: About the 2013 Concord Agreement

More details:
http://skiddmark.com/2012/03/ferrari-an ... t-listing/
A pretty shrewd move by Bernie and CVC although not something that one would ideally want to see.

Typically the preferential treatment would be reserved to Ferrari and that would have had the weakness of leaving at least three power teams in opposition. By extending this attempt at splitting the teams to the currently undisputed top team Red Bull half the strength of marketing is taken from FOTA. McLaren and Mercedes are teams with significant automotive competitive issues and not likely to devote much time of their parent or top organizations to break away strategies.
Giving both Ferrari and Red Bull preferential income and a board seat in commercial issues will give Bernie's strategy a big push.

FOTA's counter proposal would be a relatively severe budget cap that would see the FiA control the auditing and set punitive measures for violations. It will be interesting to see what the conditions for this would be and how quickly this plan can be executed. If it is done in a water tight and rigorous fashion the budget cap could invalidate the commercial strategy of CVC. If all teams are forced to play on a level playing field the commercial advantages will simply ensure that the teams parent companies will become richer, but it will not translate into sporting advantages.

As always in the past it looks like Bernie is in control of the process and is pushing the agenda. Ron Dennis and Norbert Haug with the rest of the team principals need to push the boost button on their game console to close the gap. Let's wait and see how this plays out.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

FW17

New Concorde Deals Could Be ‘Unlawful,’ Says Parr

The way Bernie Ecclestone agreed to better deals for top teams like Ferrari and Red Bull could be "unlawful," former Williams chairman Adam Parr said on Tuesday.

Having resigned in March, the Briton has now all but confirmed rumors he was pushed out of Formula One by its F1 chief executive Ecclestone.

Parr said the 82-year-old had made it clear to Williams' board that a favorable Concorde Agreement deal would not be forthcoming while he was at the helm.

Now, the 47-year-old has told Bloomberg journalist Alex Duff that the European Commission should look into how Ecclestone negotiated the new deals, including reportedly $45 million each for Red Bull and Ferrari and seats on the F1 board.

"There's a strong case that an unequal division of power and money to a subset of teams is unlawful," Parr said.

Although refusing to say if he wanted Williams to make a complaint, he suggested other F1 teams accept the situation because they are "highly dependent" on Ecclestone's "goodwill."

You can trust a thief but never a short man!

WhiteBlue

I hope someone gives Bernie hell over the Parr episode. That was despicable.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

FoxHound

WhiteBlue wrote:I hope someone gives Bernie hell over the Parr episode. That was despicable.

You think only this despicable act deserves retribution?

There is more to come regarding Bernie and the Gribkowsky
http://www.pitpass.com/images/pdfs/2012 ... awsuit.pdf

Either CVC or Bernie is going to kop it in the neck for this. If Bernie is still walking the paddock in 2014, I will be surprised.
JET set

FW17

Sad that Marrusia don't get any money out of F1, thanks to FOTA.
We provide a single voice for seven of the 12 Teams currently competing in the FIA Formula One World Championship and play an active role in helping shape the future of the world’s most exciting sport.

TzeiTzei
TzeiTzei

WilliamsF1 wrote:Sad that Marrusia don't get any money out of F1, thanks to FOTA.
We provide a single voice for seven of the 12 Teams currently competing in the FIA Formula One World Championship and play an active role in helping shape the future of the world’s most exciting sport.
I dont get it. How can you blame FOTA?

iotar__

WilliamsF1 wrote:Sad that Marrusia don't get any money out of F1, thanks to FOTA.
I really hope that there's going to be some freaky race and Caterham and Marussia end up in front of Williams. Not anti-Williams but just to piss Ecclestone off. He's going to be so mad he'll fire current one (as he likes to do) and appoint Hamilton's dog as a new Williams CEO.

So let me get this straight, Red Bull and other big teams joining F1's board to shape it to their needs (see recent arrogant tyre manufacturer pressure) - not American wrestling. Tyres that the same for anyone - American wrestling. Interesting marketing logic.

hollus

Has anybody actually said that the last team will get no money? In those words? I read that they will no longer get the fixed consolation price that there is now. What would be the point of giving them 0? I tend to understand it more like that the fixed money is gone, an they'll become the last step of the smooth transition we have now for the first 10... they should end up with more than now. Imagine the figures below without P12 and P13 and you'll see how it makes no sense to cut P11 to 0. It might just be my common sense assuming too much, though.
This was an estimation from Espimperium in 2011: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=10609
P1 - 87
P2 - 81
P3 - 75
P4 - 70
P5 - 65
P6 - 61
P7 - 58
P8 - 56
P9 - 54
P10 - 53
P11 - 7.4
P12 - 7.8
P13 - 8.2
Rivals, not enemies.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Bernie is pretty smart, I have to say.

He was the one that dragged the teams together to fight for their cash as one, and get a decent rate; now he's the one with the money, and he's managing to fracture the teams apart and make sure they all get the worst deal possible.

TzeiTzei
TzeiTzei

hollus wrote:Has anybody actually said that the last team will get no money? In those words?
Marussia have not been offered the concorde agreement --> doesnt matter if they win the WCC or place 11th, they still get no money.