2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

kediown wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:58
Max is in the blame here. Though I believe FIA should have warned Max for moving under braking and should have been quicker to give penalty for track limits to Norris, that would have calmed things down by a bit. But guess they wanted to leave drivers uncertain to keep the fight
You shouldn’t have to warn someone for moving under braking.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

trinidefender wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:08
Silent Storm wrote:
Macklaren wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:55
Max loyalists thinking that the last 3 years have exorcised AD2021 are now getting the reminder of who he really is. I guess if they still support him it shows who THEY really are
Max fans never said max wasn't a dirty driver... we know who he is :lol:
He is not a criminal that there should be any shame in supporting him.
Go watch the crash derby then. Moving under braking is dangerous. That’s entirely the reason that it’s supposed to be treated very harshly. Stewards asleep at the wheel apparently.

Not to mention Max and GP complaining about Norris divebombs which Max used heavily in 2020/2021 and was primarily the reason the rules were looked at differently to allow that sort of driving. Hypocritical.
I don't remember asking for suggestions.

What Max did on track he got a penalty for it. Stewards should have given a B&W flag but if they don't then why should Max stop it? It's racing.

Max and GP or any other driver or team being hypocrites is nothing new, part of the sport.
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

JordanMugen

Macklaren wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:55
I guess if they still support him it shows who THEY really are
:lol: Max drives like Michael Schumacher -- it's amusing, no? He's Red Bull's lead driver and a straight-forward (if excessive like Schumacher) racer, are Red Bull fans going to cheer for Ricciardo (who abandoned RBR) or Perez instead? :?:

P5 & P7 is not the result RBR-Honda wanted, but it's still solid points. Ideally Perez would be more competitive than P7.

Verstappen is not really at risk in the WDC standings for Red Bull - Honda, regardless of losing points here. :)

If Verstappen will race the other RBR like this (e.g., Baku 2017), you can see why RBR may prefer not to put Alonso or Sainz (and especially not Ocon or Hamilton!) in the second car -- RBR carbon fibre flying everywhere! :lol:

RBR had offered the second drive to Norris, but maybe it's for the best interests of the RBR composites department that Norris turned that down... :lol:

Obviously Verstappen has plenty of race victories (as do Red Bull and even "Honda RBPT" engines as well "RBPT" and Honda engine entrants), so I wouldn't have minded Norris getting past (I was even cheering for Russell and Mercedes of all teams at the end!) but (obviously) Verstappen was keen to defend at any cost!
Last edited by JordanMugen on 30 Jun 2024, 17:27, edited 7 times in total.

TNTHead

Dunlay wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:06
TNTHead wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:46
The Max haters creeping out of their holes again on this forum. This is racing as it should be. Didn't we see a wonderful race?

Red Bull made it tough with the failed pit stop.
It definitely not the racing as it should be. Max did what Nico did to Lewis in 2016 at the exact same venue.

In the past when Lando didn't have the car to fight Max, he simply let Max go and people questioned why he does that. Now that Lando has the car to fight, he will fight hard and Max need to be a bit more matured in not fighting it too hard and let simple gap to see how it goes. Yesterday in Sprint, it was a great mug by Max, but today he was sloppy. But I am not surprised. As much a great talent he is, under pressure, he can still make the mistakes of the early career Max.

The drop in pace for that car was crazy. From the second stint, Lando started catching Max and one simple mistake in pit, brought Lando so much closer. It's not like Lando was on super softs and Max was on hards. There was probably 2 or 3 laps of stress on the Mediums that Max had over Lando, who had fresh ones. But the pace drop was quite significant. Max was so vulenrable that he was no in place to defend. Very very strange car behavior.

Hats off to my favorite Perez, he fought an excellent battle with a Haas! It was heartening to see that.
My comment wasn't specifically aimed at Max driving but the tension and battle at the front of the field many have been waiting for.

Still I sense a bias by many over here (especially in the race thread) towards Max which is more emotional than logical, if you'd ask me.

organic

Not a great drive by Max all things considered :D pace wasnt sensational either

trinidefender
trinidefender

Silent Storm wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:14
trinidefender wrote:
Silent Storm wrote:

Max fans never said max wasn't a dirty driver... we know who he is :lol:
He is not a criminal that there should be any shame in supporting him.
Go watch the crash derby then. Moving under braking is dangerous. That’s entirely the reason that it’s supposed to be treated very harshly. Stewards asleep at the wheel apparently.

Not to mention Max and GP complaining about Norris divebombs which Max used heavily in 2020/2021 and was primarily the reason the rules were looked at differently to allow that sort of driving. Hypocritical.

What Max did on track he got a penalty for it. Stewards should have given a B&W flag but if they don't then why should Max stop it? It's racing.

Max and GP or any other driver or team being hypocrites is nothing new, part of the sport.
What about Max moving under braking? Or keeping the place after Lando a perfectly legal overtake on track. Max should have given the position back.

These actions just make for worse racing. I guess every driver should start adopting these strategies. It will just be a field of Max's, Kevin's and Ocons and you'll have a crash derby.

Luscion
Luscion

Dunlay wrote:
Hats off to my favorite Perez, he fought an excellent battle with a Haas! It was heartening to see that.
To be fair to Perez he had quite literally, a hole in his sidepod
Last edited by Luscion on 30 Jun 2024, 17:27, edited 2 times in total.

organic

Luscion wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:26
Dunlay wrote:

https://i.redd.it/qpppd3an4q9d1.jpeg
Caused by running oscar off track tbf

JordanMugen

trinidefender wrote:
These actions just make for worse racing. I guess every driver should start adopting these strategies. It will just be a field of Max's, Kevin's and Ocons and you'll have a crash derby.
Sure!

But it's Max/Kevin/Esteban, what do you expect? :?: :lol:

That they are suddenly going to become clean and cautious racers as if they were owner-drivers like Sir Jack Brabham? I'm not sure that's going to happen...

This is what FIA penalty points and penalties are for I suppose. :)

Max's movements under braking on the third straight one or two laps before the incident was definitely dangerous and out of line.
Last edited by JordanMugen on 30 Jun 2024, 17:33, edited 2 times in total.

Luscion
Luscion

organic wrote:
Luscion wrote:
Dunlay wrote:

https://i.redd.it/qpppd3an4q9d1.jpeg
Caused by running oscar off track tbf
touche :lol:

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

trinidefender wrote:
Silent Storm wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:14
trinidefender wrote:

What about Max moving under braking? Or keeping the place after Lando a perfectly legal overtake on track. Max should have given the position back.

Stewards should have given a penalty for that... And if they don't, every driver that is fighting for the win will start doing it, nobody is on track to be polite and make new friends.
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

Vanja #66

Having his hand forced with Norris getting close by luck of the pitstop and garage positions, I think it was a good strategical and tactical choice by Max to push to the limit and over it. He did move under braking in the end, but honestly I don't see him as predominantly at fault. But the penalty was a non-penalty in the end and he got 11p no less.

Norris lost his temper multiple times and failed to prepare his overtake across no less than 3 DRS zones and choosing to complain on the radio instead, I'm not impressed by that. Everyone knows Max races hard and over the limit, you've got to be prepared for that
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Watto
Watto

I think the penalty on Max was fair and deserved.
But I don't think he is a dirty driver these days but today I think it was.

His post race interview I think maybe was telling a little, unhappy with the pit stratagy, the poor pit stop that put him under pressure. He was maintaining a lead between 6.5 -7.0 s before that pit stop despite the commentators on Sky making it look like Lando was gaining task 'Lando made 0.5s in that sector. S

Sounded like it was nursing some gearbox issue re somthing about 7th gear all got the better of him and he went to his old ways too much, I think hes been pretty good under pressure the last few years even with close driving. Today not so much think he has to lean from it

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Vanja #66 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:31
Having his hand forced with Norris getting close by luck of the pitstop and garage positions, I think it was a good strategical and tactical choice by Max to push to the limit and over it. He did move under braking in the end, but honestly I don't see him as predominantly at fault. But the penalty was a non-penalty in the end and he got 11p no less.

Norris lost his temper multiple times and failed to prepare his overtake across no less than 3 DRS zones and choosing to complain on the radio instead, I'm not impressed by that. Everyone knows Max races hard and over the limit, you've got to be prepared for that
Agree on all points...

If Norris had watched 2022 Austrian GP he would have learned something from Charles, specially how to set up an overtake with 3 DRS zones.

JordanMugen

Vanja #66 wrote:

I think that Verstappen was predominantly at fault, but it's very interesting that your view of Norris being predominantly at fault ("desperate dives") is not uncommon online! :)

I guess it's just what happens when you have a driver desperate to get past and another driver desperate not to be overtaken -- all usual rules of considerate racing, which are usually very well observed in say historic or club racing, seem to go out the window!

Vanja #66 wrote:
I think it was a good strategical and tactical choice by Max to push to the limit and over it.
To the contrary, could Verstappen have not simply waved the faster Norris through instead of being desperate to win?

Would Verstappen race differently if it was the Fast Ford cup or GLTC Gridlife and he had to go home and fix all this damage on his Fiesta ST or Honda S2000 personally? :)

Does Verstappen race his personally owned GT3 cars just as hard? GT3 spare parts are quite expensive, but I guess that doesn't bother him or his team -- but surely it does bother the amateur gentleman/lady drivers in the other GT3s?