2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Dunlay
Dunlay

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Vanja #66 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:31
Having his hand forced with Norris getting close by luck of the pitstop and garage positions, I think it was a good strategical and tactical choice by Max to push to the limit and over it. He did move under braking in the end, but honestly I don't see him as predominantly at fault. But the penalty was a non-penalty in the end and he got 11p no less.

Norris lost his temper multiple times and failed to prepare his overtake across no less than 3 DRS zones and choosing to complain on the radio instead, I'm not impressed by that. Everyone knows Max races hard and over the limit, you've got to be prepared for that
In my opinion, it's good that Norris pushed and made a point, even if they had contact. So far, Norris never had this kind of aggressive fight with Max and Max had it a bit easy. Now Max knows that Norris would be willing to risk too. So it would be interesting to see how he reacts next time when are in a similar situation, which I am sure they will. Nico did that with Lewis in 2014 Belgium to make a point after Lewis pushing Nico out of race track far too many times. Max has to respect his oppotent and let it go at at times, or he would lose like he has done so many times. If it's a close championship battle, then Max would lose it. This is the first time for Lando, hopefully he has learnt some lessons. I called out how clean George was in Barcelona when he and Lando fought around for a so many corners on a track that we haven't seen before, respectfully. That's what we need, not mario karts like we saw today.

trinidefender
trinidefender

Vanja #66 wrote:
Having his hand forced with Norris getting close by luck of the pitstop and garage positions, I think it was a good strategical and tactical choice by Max to push to the limit and over it. He did move under braking in the end, but honestly I don't see him as predominantly at fault. But the penalty was a non-penalty in the end and he got 11p no less.

Norris lost his temper multiple times and failed to prepare his overtake across no less than 3 DRS zones and choosing to complain on the radio instead, I'm not impressed by that. Everyone knows Max races hard and over the limit, you've got to be prepared for that

The overtake was done here and Max should have given the place back.

People will say it was a divebomb but the fact is this is the sort of driving that Max himself popularised and has become defacto allowed under the current driving regulations.

The stewards were asleep for this and for all the other times that Max was moving under braking.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

trinidefender wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:46
Vanja #66 wrote:

People will say it was a divebomb but the fact is this is the sort of driving that Max himself popularised and has become defacto allowed under the current driving regulations.
Hulkenberg was given a time penalty in the sprint race for the same move so claiming that it is allowed is actually wrong. How do you view the situation now?

Spacepace

AR3-GP wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:51
trinidefender wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:

Hulkenberg was given a time penalty in the sprint race for the same move so claiming that it is allowed is actually wrong. How do you view the situation now?
Verstappen did this same move at this very race in '19 to overtake Leclerc to win

organic

Spacepace wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:52
AR3-GP wrote:
trinidefender wrote:

Verstappen did this same move at this very race in '19 to overtake Leclerc to win
And the rules have changed multiple times since. It's not allowed anymore, but neither is moving under braking

Spacepace

organic wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:53
Spacepace wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

And the rules have changed multiple times since
Not that rule

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Spacepace wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
trinidefender wrote:

What is your point? The regulations have been changed since 2019 and the proof is Hulkenberg's penalty less than 24 hours ago is it not? Which precedent should be followed? The one from 2019, or the one from 24 hours ago? :?:

Spacepace

AR3-GP wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:54
Spacepace wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

What is your point? The regulations have been changed since 2019 and the proof is Hulkenberg's penalty less than 24 hours ago is it not? Which precedent should be followed? The one from 2019, or the one from 24 hours ago? :?:
Hulkenberg ran his car straight to the limit of the track literally cutting off the track. Norris took the inside line

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Spacepace wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:59
AR3-GP wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:54
Spacepace wrote:

Hulkenberg ran his car straight to the limit of the track literally cutting off the track. Norris took the inside line
Hulkenberg was never outside the track.

chrisc90

Hulkenberg yesterday

Vanja #66

trinidefender wrote:

The stewards were asleep for this and for all the other times that Max was moving under braking.
I didn't see Norris ahead at the apex in this situation and his understeer did force Max out. Neither this move from Norris nor Max' move against Leclerc in 2019 should be allowed to stand, so in my view Max was fine to move out and power ahead. It would have been the same if Max had another line available, since Norris had a really bad entry and exit in that situation and Max would have powered ahead anyway
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

KimiRai
KimiRai

Comparison between stints

DDopey
DDopey

Macklaren wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 18:09
All the Max lackeys arguing Lando was at fault for divebombing, conveniently know the fact that Max turned LEFT into a right hand corner to take him out. That is blatant dangerous driving/cheating and has nothing to do with divebombing up the inside.

These forums are filled with people with CFD eyes but apparently blind to what they see in front of them
Look at the onboards I do not see any intention of Max to do it deliberately. He wanted to go back to the driving line, that was a mistake. If he would have stayed on the line he was, he would have come out in front of Lando. Including the 5 sec. penalty there was no reason at all for Max to do this.

Macklaren
Macklaren

Dude literally went left heading into a right hand corner, but sure, not deliberate

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

It is like every race since Miami. Inferior tire degradation and especially weak on the hardest compound tire.

Qualifying now looks more as some of the caveats that I expressed earlier. Norris was ill. He admitted he left 1-2 tenths on the table. Verstappen's T9-T10 was unbelievable. Mclaren showed no improvement compared to sprint qualifying. This was an outlier. It will be a similar story in Silverstone although Mclaren will have more optimal preparation for qualifying and the race so qualifying will be close again, like the sprint qualifying.