2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mclarenfanboy
Mclarenfanboy

Re: 2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Just read the Corporate Credit Ratings for the Group in 2022, so corporate credit ratings are as follows:
B- Stable (Fitch), Caa1 Negative (Moody’s), CCC Credit Watch Negative (S&P). So it s junk I guess. Thank God they have rich shareholders, that like their expensive and shiny toy, or they would not last a month in the real world. Here is to the power of the brand. There is absoultely nothing fueling Mclaren to stay afloat except the power of its name.

mwillems

Mclarenfanboy wrote:
19 May 2023, 11:39
Just read the Corporate Credit Ratings for the Group in 2022, so corporate credit ratings are as follows:
B- Stable (Fitch), Caa1 Negative (Moody’s), CCC Credit Watch Negative (S&P). So it s junk I guess. Thank God they have rich shareholders, that like their expensive and shiny toy, or they would not last a month in the real world. Here is to the power of the brand. There is absoultely nothing fueling Mclaren to stay afloat except the power of its name.
Yes, the name that they believe will bring it back to profit and why it is worth putting money into it! :lol:

I did have a look at their accounts, they are on the right track. Expect the 22 accounts when released in December to show a strong profit for the F1 team which will mitigate the Auto's losses a little. but even then their losses will drop, so it's not looking too bad.

The issue is that the team probably can't handle another economic hit. if sales grow, even slowly, then they will slowly pay off their debt. Part of the reason for their losses is their debt payments plus the supply chain issues, including Brexit, but these will come down as they are paying off more than they borrow, plus cash injections from sales of property and the cars, plus shares in the F1 group will be registered in the next set of accounts.

They are OK for now, and if you go into the accounts and read the auditors notes, they have expressed no issues whatsoever with this company as a going concern or its strategic direction.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

coltmarshmallow
coltmarshmallow

Also an interesting read are the glassdoor reviews on Mclaren. I read the other teams' reviews to get some perspective where it puts McLaren. Not confident enough though to outline what falls under the F1 team vs the mclaren group which is more about their road cars.

diffuser

Mclarenfanboy wrote:
19 May 2023, 11:39
Stable

The road car division is having issues with parts supply and it's hindered it's recovery from the pandemic. Like many others. They're not as bad as you make them out to be.

diffuser

What with the "Post approved " stuff?

djos

diffuser wrote:
20 May 2023, 02:52
I've noticed that happens when certain potentially derogatory words are used, like one starting in fan and ending in misspelled boy.
"In downforce we trust"

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

djos wrote:
20 May 2023, 03:17
diffuser wrote:
I've noticed that happens when certain potentially derogatory words are used, like one starting in fan and ending in misspelled boy.
I can't imagine how you would be familiar with that :wink:
A lion must kill its prey.

djos

AR3-GP wrote:
20 May 2023, 03:34
djos wrote:
diffuser wrote:
Hehe, guilty as charged. 🤦‍♂️
"In downforce we trust"

mwillems

AR3-GP wrote:
djos wrote:
diffuser wrote:
:lol:

-Bandit

mwillems

Not sure if this can be here, if so can the mods simply remove the link and not the post?

TK Maxx in the UK have some Mclaren Daniel Ricciardo shirts selling for £16, one for djos? ;)

https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/men/active ... lsrc=aw.ds

-Bandit

djos

mwillems wrote:
20 May 2023, 10:34
Not sure if this can be here, if so can the mods simply remove the link and not the post?

TK Maxx in the UK have some Mclaren Daniel Ricciardo shirts selling for £16, one for djos? ;)

I'll admit, I was tempted - the only problem is they only have small and I am a large. #-o
"In downforce we trust"

mwillems

djos wrote:
20 May 2023, 10:39
mwillems wrote:

I'll admit, I was tempted - the only problem is they only have small and I am a large. #-o
I really do like the Mclaren Polo, they have some really cool gear, but I'm tight. I'm not poor by any means but I won't pay £45 for a Polo :D

-Bandit

diffuser

djos wrote:
20 May 2023, 03:50
AR3-GP wrote:
djos wrote:

Hehe, guilty as charged. 🤦‍♂️
Maybe it was Fitch ? like Son of a Fitch!

billamend
billamend

McLaren is doing amazing this year at Indycar, and today they are currently 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 9th in the 500 qualy

djos

mwillems wrote:
20 May 2023, 15:41
djos wrote:
20 May 2023, 10:39
mwillems wrote:

I really do like the Mclaren Polo, they have some really cool gear, but I'm tight. I'm not poor by any means but I won't pay £45 for a Polo :D
Yeah it is a bit on the expensive side.
"In downforce we trust"