2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Vanja #66 wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 18:26

The situation for Leclerc is quite simple in 25 - he absolutely has to come out on top. Lewis will be 40, will very likely have 3 winless seasons behind him and will be joining a new team with a very, very different culture and expectations. If Leclerc really crumbles and gets beaten, he won't be good enough for Ferrari and that's it. Is anyone really expecting this from a guy that soundly beaten still-in-prime Vettel, after being with the team for 6 seasons at that point... Come on :lol:
No of course not. I'm sure Leclerc likes his chances. Nonetheless, I'm sure he views the Hamilton thing as a distraction, a circus even. The media will be all over Hamilton in 2025. It's not something he "needs" but he's just going to deal with it when the time comes.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 03 Feb 2024, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

Vanja #66

AR3-GP wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 18:29
No of course not. I'm sure Leclerc likes his chances. Nonetheless, I'm sure he views the Hamilton thing as a distraction, a circus even. The media will be all over Hamilton in 2025. It's not something he "needs" but he's just going to deal with it when the time comes.
Hamilton circus can only bother Hamilton and distract him, and most likey it will at the beggining. He'll need to get used to being swamped by the media, sponsors and fans on a whole new level. Like I said on Thursday, no matter what his results will be it will not change what he already achieved, and this will be the case with everyone who wants a piece of him - and it will be literally everyone.

He will no longer be the 7-time-champ that beats Ferrari, he will now be the 7-time-champ that drives for Ferrari. That's the gift and the curse of Ferrari and Italy. He has a similar attitude as Valentino Rossi in some ways, so I think he will handle it once he gets used to it.

As for Leclerc, he understands well he needs to do the talking on track and only on the track, he already did it well and has only improved since. And it will be an improvement to be Hamilton's equal over being Sainz' equal. Who knows, if Leclerc's in front between the two of them and fights Max for the title, Hamilton might just be in a mood for revenge and help Leclerc in every possible way.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

MTL79
MTL79

I wonder how the Massa situation will be handled internally...

scuderiabrandon

MTL79 wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 20:28
I wonder how the Massa situation will be handled internally...
That case is going nowhere despite where Hamilton is.

Shakeman

Hamilton is not going to Ferrari just to have a couple of years driving in Red and driving for his Mate Vasseur, there are bigger moves afoot that have not announced yet.

I'm convinced Vasseur has gone to Ham with a similar compelling story to the one that Lauda had. I 'm getting an intense deja vu here, this could be another epically well timed move as Merc slips Lewis steps on the Ferrari platform going up.

Newey to Ferrari? If Newey is an external contractor there wouldn't be any gardening leave would there?

deadhead

Shakeman wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 21:04
Newey to Ferrari? If Newey is an external contractor there wouldn't be any gardening leave would there?
I think Ferrari approached him with the same "whatever you want" offer as did Hamilton and he still didn't want to come. Some say it's because he didn't want to come alone.. who knows.

Are you saying that since Hamilton is at Ferrari he will change his mind?

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

deadhead wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 21:40
Shakeman wrote:
I think Ferrari approached him with the same "whatever you want" offer as did Hamilton and he still didn't want to come. Some say it's because he didn't want to come alone.. who knows.

He said he regretted to never work for Hamilton/Alonso, and also Ferrari. Considering Newey age, and Hamilton age, it's now or never...
Vasseur is a killer way more than he looks

Sidiamal
Sidiamal

Newey just renewed his contract with RBR last year. Long chance of him moving to Ferrari unless he has an exit clause but I think the train has already left the station.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sidiamal wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 21:49
Newey just renewed his contract with RBR last year. Long chance of him moving to Ferrari unless he has an exit clause but I think the train has already left the station.
Well, Hamilton just renewed his Mercedes contract last year. Perhaps the lesson for us is not to underestimate decisions driven in part by dreams/emotion.

Sidiamal
Sidiamal

AR3-GP wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 21:54
Well, Hamilton just renewed his Mercedes contract last year. Perhaps the lesson for us is not to underestimate decisions driven in part by dreams/emotion.
:D Fair enough. Signing Newey and Hamilton back to back would certainly be a statement.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Sidiamal wrote:
For how many years ?

organic

Spoutnik wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 22:03
Sidiamal wrote:
For how many years ?
Not public. Was signed in mid 2023 though

S D

Vanja #66 wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 18:43
AR3-GP wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 18:29
Hamilton circus can only bother Hamilton and distract him, and most likey it will at the beggining. He'll need to get used to being swamped by the media, sponsors and fans on a whole new level. Like I said on Thursday, no matter what his results will be it will not change what he already achieved, and this will be the case with everyone who wants a piece of him - and it will be literally everyone.

He will no longer be the 7-time-champ that beats Ferrari, he will now be the 7-time-champ that drives for Ferrari. That's the gift and the curse of Ferrari and Italy. He has a similar attitude as Valentino Rossi in some ways, so I think he will handle it once he gets used to it.

As for Leclerc, he understands well he needs to do the talking on track and only on the track, he already did it well and has only improved since. And it will be an improvement to be Hamilton's equal over being Sainz' equal. Who knows, if Leclerc's in front between the two of them and fights Max for the title, Hamilton might just be in a mood for revenge and help Leclerc in every possible way.
To me the Hamilton circus has already begun, he will have to field the same questions over and over ad nauseam for the next year. 10 months to go... 6 months before you go... 3 months left now... you're leaving next week... By 2025 it will be old news. The only transition will be from "Why did you go to Ferrari?" to "How is it now that you are at Ferrari?" "Is red your favourite colour?" "Do you miss MB, how is your relationship with Toto?"

Shakeman

Spoutnik wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 21:47
deadhead wrote:
Shakeman wrote:

He said he regretted to never work for Hamilton/Alonso, and also Ferrari. Considering Newey age, and Hamilton age, it's now or never...
Yes, and apparently Newey’s wife or daughter liked a tweet saying the same thing this week.

At the very least having Hamilton on board is a draw for other engineers. Football clubs attract great players by having great managers and vice versa. A marquee signing can bring other marquee signings.

Newey plus Hamilton = a record 8th and bringing Ferrari back to the front. It’s a story that might just resonate with Newey a swan song for two legends...

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Shakeman wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 22:13
Spoutnik wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 21:47
deadhead wrote:

Yes, and apparently Newey’s wife or daughter liked a tweet saying the same thing this week.

At the very least having Hamilton on board is a draw for other engineers. Football clubs attract great players by having great managers and vice versa. A marquee signing can bring other marquee signings.

Newey plus Hamilton = a record 8th and bringing Ferrari back to the front. It’s a story that might just resonate with Newey a swan song for two legends...
Elkann has to give him the keys for his weird project like he's doing for the RB17. And his family to move in Italy.
But if Elkann has a "Galacticos" project in his mind he must think about it, clearly.