Adrian Newey Leaves Red Bull Racing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
chrisc90

Re: Adrian Newey Leaves Red Bull Racing

Apparently was talks between AMR and Max floating round on social media too.

zeph
zeph

If true, prolly too late for Alonso to reap the benefits...

Chuckjr

If Ferrari let Newey get away, they will regret it. He is worth restructuring the team. This situation may reveal why Ferrari has been struggling for so long now as rulership by committee is rarely fruitful. From what I read above, it sounds like Ferrari leadership is downright petulant. Sad.

If Newey goes to Aston and wins championships, there’s no argument to support not giving him what he wanted now. He’s been successful, even dominating at times, everywhere he has gone. Why would that stop? Hint: It won’t.

The poster who commented that like Red Bull, Newey was going to another team with a hyper motivated billionaire ready to throw ungodly money to win, was very insightful. It seems that is likely what Newey has done again. Genius move by Newey, of course. No obstruction to anything he wants, and all the best of the best of the best equipment to play with right there in town where he is familiar. It’s just shameful Ferrari couldn’t bring themselves to see this. SMH. Newey is a one-of-a-kind special case, and special accommodations should be made for him. Yes, he’s that good. He is worth whatever it takes should be the attitude—like Stroll Sr. clearly has.

Newey’s record is F1 gold. He’s basically a god in the sport and imo, Ferrari will regret not signing him as much as they will regret signing Hamilton.
Watching F1 since 1986.

organic

chrisc90 wrote:
06 Aug 2024, 19:13
Apparently was talks between AMR and Max floating round on social media too.
It's all from the same autosprint source I believe. Their story about Newey going to AMR (apparently due to be announced in September) also mentions Lawrence stroll wanting to sign Max for 2026

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Adrian was given the ability to design a road car with Aston Martin already just recently. I guess he'd have had at least some idea of their processes and willingness to give him freedom to do what he needs during that time. It makes sense that he'd feel most comfortable there, and that the team would be willing to give him what he wants based on what they saw from their collaboration.

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

I really wish he would just retire. I like it as it is now, with any of 3 or 4 teams able to win…

Big Tea

Chuckjr wrote:
07 Aug 2024, 02:11
If Ferrari let Newey get away, they will regret it. He is worth restructuring the team. This situation may reveal why Ferrari has been struggling for so long now as rulership by committee is rarely fruitful. From what I read above, it sounds like Ferrari leadership is downright petulant. Sad.

If Newey goes to Aston and wins championships, there’s no argument to support not giving him what he wanted now. He’s been successful, even dominating at times, everywhere he has gone. Why would that stop? Hint: It won’t.

The poster who commented that like Red Bull, Newey was going to another team with a hyper motivated billionaire ready to throw ungodly money to win, was very insightful. It seems that is likely what Newey has done again. Genius move by Newey, of course. No obstruction to anything he wants, and all the best of the best of the best equipment to play with right there in town where he is familiar. It’s just shameful Ferrari couldn’t bring themselves to see this. SMH. Newey is a one-of-a-kind special case, and special accommodations should be made for him. Yes, he’s that good. He is worth whatever it takes should be the attitude—like Stroll Sr. clearly has.

Newey’s record is F1 gold. He’s basically a god in the sport and imo, Ferrari will regret not signing him as much as they will regret signing Hamilton.
AND... It would not only be Ferrari not getting him, but someone who is now not a direct competitor getting him and being likely to take points and wins from Ferrari. A double bummer.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Can't blame Ferrari. They tried their best. Newey never wanted to work outside of UK since his first marriage failed. No matter what Ferrari would have offered, he wouldn't have signed, unless Ferrari wants to setup their complete racing operations somewhere in UK and that's not going to happen. Working in Maranello and bringing success to Ferrari is not everyone's cup of tea and I suspect if Newey could turn things around on his own for Ferrari. I never believed that.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Apparently Pedro De La Rosa made a comment to Alonso on a live streamed gaming session that suggested Newey is headed to Aston Martin.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/adrian-ne ... de-la-rosa
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Chuckjr

From that link above I found this interesting:

“De la Rosa has experience of working alongside Newey at McLaren, where de la Rosa was their long-serving test driver, also contesting nine races for the team between 2003-11.

And de la Rosa would describe Newey as always being “one step ahead”, explaining how he would note down driver feedback and then go to the wind tunnel in search of solutions. De la Rosa would explain his point in a way that made Newey sound to still be on the market.

“Adrian Newey has got it all,” said de la Rosa.

“What surprised me the most when I worked with him, it’s how much he asks the drivers and how much he listens to them. When a driver tells him something he writes it down and he goes to work on it in the wind tunnel. That’s Adrian Newey. Always one step ahead. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: =D> =D> =D>

“The advantage of being Adrian Newey is that he can choose his future, where he wants to go, and even his salary.”

Aston Martin currently sits P5 in the F1 2024 Constructors’ Championship standings, with Alonso scoring their best result of the season so far with P5 in Saudi Arabia.

Seems like Alonso is going to get an amazing break in the twilight of his career. Awesome. =D> =D>
Watching F1 since 1986.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Chuckjr wrote:
10 Aug 2024, 03:15
From that link above I found this interesting:

“De la Rosa has experience of working alongside Newey at McLaren, where de la Rosa was their long-serving test driver, also contesting nine races for the team between 2003-11.

And de la Rosa would describe Newey as always being “one step ahead”, explaining how he would note down driver feedback and then go to the wind tunnel in search of solutions. De la Rosa would explain his point in a way that made Newey sound to still be on the market.

“Adrian Newey has got it all,” said de la Rosa.

“What surprised me the most when I worked with him, it’s how much he asks the drivers and how much he listens to them. When a driver tells him something he writes it down and he goes to work on it in the wind tunnel. That’s Adrian Newey. Always one step ahead. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: =D> =D> =D>

“The advantage of being Adrian Newey is that he can choose his future, where he wants to go, and even his salary.”

Aston Martin currently sits P5 in the F1 2024 Constructors’ Championship standings, with Alonso scoring their best result of the season so far with P5 in Saudi Arabia.

Seems like Alonso is going to get an amazing break in the twilight of his career. Awesome. =D> =D>
Given Alonso's previous track record, Aston will have a championship challenger the year after Fernando has to admit defeat and retire.... 🤦🏻‍♂️
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Mogster

Dunlay wrote:
07 Aug 2024, 16:47
Can't blame Ferrari. They tried their best. Newey never wanted to work outside of UK since his first marriage failed. No matter what Ferrari would have offered, he wouldn't have signed, unless Ferrari wants to setup their complete racing operations somewhere in UK and that's not going to happen. Working in Maranello and bringing success to Ferrari is not everyone's cup of tea and I suspect if Newey could turn things around on his own for Ferrari. I never believed that.
Aye. There have been plenty of people suggesting Ferrari being based outside the UK is a non-issue. I never believed them. Newey is old school, I can’t imagine he’d be happy working mostly by Teams chat.

PlatinumZealot

zeph wrote:
06 Aug 2024, 22:37
If true, prolly too late for Alonso to reap the benefits...
As is tradition.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Dunlay
Dunlay

Reportedly, Newey to Aston Martin, 3 year deal worth $100 million!! Wow. :)

Chuckjr

If true and it’s for only 3 years, Newey must be confident he can turn the team around very quickly. Alonso could drive all 3. Wow. Is Newey planning on Alonso bringing home the championship(s)?? We are entering fairy tail territory. :)
Watching F1 since 1986.