Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Hail22

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

Thunders wrote:They had this in Austin already. Looks like we will se a Monkey Seat soon or at latest in 2016.
Perhaps or possibly simulating exhaust gases in an attempt to gain an advantage with next years rule allowing another outlet for the wastegate?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

GoranF1
GoranF1

Hail22 wrote:
Thunders wrote:They had this in Austin already. Looks like we will se a Monkey Seat soon or at latest in 2016.
Perhaps or possibly simulating exhaust gases in an attempt to gain an advantage with next years rule allowing another outlet for the wastegate?
my thoughts exactly.... =D>
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Great shot of the MP4-30 floor

theWPTformula

It's interesting to see how little they've had to open up the bodywork in comparison to others. No notable thermal issues despite the tight packaging. Impressive!

DiogoBrand

The car is showing good pace on the last rounds, constantly inside the top 10, and of course we can't judge results from practice very much, but 1,5s off on a very fast track is a very good pace in comparison to earlier this year.
IMO the team still lacks consistency, they're loosing more points because of crashes and breakdowns than because of pace, maybe they're pushing their components too much to compensate for the lack of potential and that's causing all those problems, and let's not forget they're using a lot more PU's than almost everyone else.
Anyway, I think the car and PU show great improvement, and as much as I didn't wanna do this, I'm getting good expectations for next season.

Joseki
Joseki

I think that getting out of Q1 with both car will be a great result since we all know that Honda will suffer greatly because of their problems with the compressor.

damager21
damager21

Fernando Alonso believes McLaren can find 2.5 seconds per lap in F1
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121548

I think McLaren and Honda management presented next year's plan to both the drivers to recover 2.5 secs. Alonso very smartly came out in open about this to put additional pressure on the team to ensure that they stick to their plan and recover 2.5 secs, If they dont deliver, there will be further humiliation and backlash which McLaren Honda will have to face next year. No wonder Eric immediately came out with a statement that recovering 2.5 secs before the first race will be too optimistic but recovering this over the next year season is more realistic.

Also, I think 2.5 secs will put them in the mix with Red Bull (provided they use Renault engine). Their current gap to Mercedes is 2.5 secs so they need minimum 3 secs improvement to fight them.

GoranF1
GoranF1

An onboard lap whit Fernando and MP4-30 and its re-charge problems.

Hail22

Mexico GP - FP3 / Quali

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

andrewhake
andrewhake

Does anyone have any insight as to why nearly all of the current exhausts have a thicker or slightly expanded tip? This seems to be common across nearly all of the field.

Juzh

GoranF1 wrote:An onboard lap whit Fernando and MP4-30 and its re-charge problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie6p0NB ... e=youtu.be
Where is the lack of re-charge a problem in this video? I can't see it.

damager21
damager21

Juzh wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:An onboard lap whit Fernando and MP4-30 and its re-charge problems.

I think he starts the lap with about 100% charge and ends with about 15% left. Seems like deployment is much higher than harvesting. Also, they could have set their deployment at a low efficiency of 50% otherwise half way through the lap Alonso would have exhausted all that was available.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Juzh wrote:

i suggest you look at other cars on-boards...

Alonsofor2017
Alonsofor2017

Order of chassiss at beginning of season:
1 Mercedes
2 Ferrari
3 red bull
4 Toro Rosso
5 Williams, McLaren
6 force India
7 lotus, sauber
8 manor

As of now:
1 red bull
2 Mercedes, Ferrari
3 Toro Rosso, McLaren
4 Williams
5 force India
6 lotus
7 sauber
8 Manor

I believe mcLaren are now not that far away from Mercedes in terms of aero due to sector Times in windy parts of tracks and as it is the beginning of this concept for them they have a lot more room for developement for next year
Red bull have had great aero developement after adjusting to new nose and Ferrari have just about caught merc , lotus have pulled away from sauber in terms of aero

It's hard to tell because we don't know how the cars would act with different engines , these is my personal view opinions welcome

ollandos
ollandos

GoranF1 wrote:
Juzh wrote:

i suggest you look at other cars on-boards...
on dashboard right side the crossbar is for electrical power