Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
diffuser

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

ollandos wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
Juzh wrote: Where is the lack of re-charge a problem in this video? I can't see it.
i suggest you look at other cars on-boards...
on dashboard right side the crossbar is for electrical power

I see a white bar(like a vertical bar graph) on the right side of the steering wheel screen. That looks like it's large at the start of the lap and shrinking through the lap. It never does disappear.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Honda had several MGU-H problems this weekend.
Could it be that due to altitude they tryed slightly more RPM on TC-MGU-H,to give Alonso and Button a bit more chances?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

max_speed
max_speed

GoranF1 wrote:Honda had several MGU-H problems this weekend.
Could it be that due to altitude they tryed slightly more RPM on TC-MGU-H,to give Alonso and Button a bit more chances?
i am surprised why Redbull want an engine like this. full season is gone and they are still not reliable enough.at this rate i guess in next year they will consume no less than 10 engines. my feeling says that next year will be another test year for honda.Redbull should not even chase them Renault is billion times better than this unreliable/powerless honda.

Nickel
Nickel

max_speed wrote:
i am surprised why Redbull want an engine like this. full season is gone and they are still not reliable enough.at this rate i guess in next year they will consume no less than 10 engines. my feeling says that next year will be another test year for honda.Redbull should not even chase them Renault is billion times better than this unreliable/powerless honda.
I think it speaks to their progress that red bull are interested at all. I was of the opinion in February that they needed to go for performance first as reliability upgrades are permitted in the rules. This season is effectively a test season for Honda and it cannot be said that they have not gotten faster.

To be clear, I'm not predicting off season miracles, I just think reliability is unimportant as of right now.

max_speed
max_speed

Nickel wrote: I think it speaks to their progress that red bull are interested at all. I was of the opinion in February that they needed to go for performance first as reliability upgrades are permitted in the rules. This season is effectively a test season for Honda and it cannot be said that they have not gotten faster.

To be clear, I'm not predicting off season miracles, I just think reliability is unimportant as of right now.
i will disagree, redbull is chasing Honda because everyone else has shut door on them. their ego got better of them and their fraud threats threats have found no takers. for mclaren-honda improvement has been very less compare to what was predicted in worst case scenario. Chasis is improving but engine gains have been limited and poor reliability will mean that design changes potential can only be fully realized across races , costing time and i guess they have less time to bridge gap to rivals so they need performance + reliability both.

sasa.nikolic
sasa.nikolic

max_speed wrote: i will disagree, redbull is chasing Honda because everyone else has shut door on them.
RB was offered 2015 Ferrari PU ...

DiogoBrand

sasa.nikolic wrote:
max_speed wrote: i will disagree, redbull is chasing Honda because everyone else has shut door on them.
RB was offered 2015 Ferrari PU ...
That's not allowed by the regulations, and if it was, even Honda having terrible performance, I'd be surprised if their PU for 2016 didn't outperform this year's Ferrari's

sasa.nikolic
sasa.nikolic

Isn't it allowed now, because it has been said that TR will get 2015 Ferrari PU if they and RB stay in F1 next season

Joseki
Joseki

If Ferrari offered a 2015 PU, like they did, then the FIA and the other teams would have allowed it for sure, no one wants RB out of F1.

bauc

Joseki wrote:If Ferrari offered a 2015 PU, like they did, then the FIA and the other teams would have allowed it for sure, no one wants RB out of F1.
A year old engines are allowed despite the new rules: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121347
The rule regarding manufacturers no longer being able to supply older engines, as Manor has received this year with a 2014 system supplied by Ferrari, has also been dropped.This will allow Toro Rosso to run a 2015-spec Ferrari engine for next season, reviving the 2007-13 partnership.

P.S. Please stay on topic, this is a MP4-30 thread after all.

Thanks
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Juzh

damager21 wrote:
Juzh wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:An onboard lap whit Fernando and MP4-30 and its re-charge problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie6p0NB ... e=youtu.be
Where is the lack of re-charge a problem in this video? I can't see it.
I think he starts the lap with about 100% charge and ends with about 15% left. Seems like deployment is much higher than harvesting. Also, they could have set their deployment at a low efficiency of 50% otherwise half way through the lap Alonso would have exhausted all that was available.
I thought he meant there was a specific problem like no recharge at all or very early cutting. None shown in this vid. It is obvious they're unable to do 2 laps on full deployment from the looks of it.

GoranF1
GoranF1

New PU will not be on dyno before January
http://beta.autosport.com/news/report.p ... 1440261781

Hail22

Brasil GP - Wednesday

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

GoranF1
GoranF1