COTA Austin - construction and infrastructure

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

What do you think of the prospect of a USGP 2012 at Austin Texas

Good thinking. Place has good infra structure and nice climate in winter.
47%
Not good as it has no motor sport tradition in the US.
9%
I will wait to see how it will shape up.
36%
I don't care.
9%

Total votes: 269

Richard
Richard

Re: COTA Austin - construction and infrastructure

Mr Clinton wrote:It's the wall, stupid.

Mr Alcatraz

I just took my tickets for a tour of my back yard 8)

Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

jdlive
jdlive

Your back yard looks more exciting than COTA.
"There is a credit card with the Ferrari logo, issued by Santander, which gives the scuderia a % of purchases made with the card...

I would guess that such a serious amount of money would allow them to ignore the constant complains of a car that was nowhere near as bad as their #1 driver tried to sell throughout the season.

Heck, a car on which Massa finishes in the podium or has to lift so that his teammate finishes ahead (As we saw often in the final races of the year) is, by no means, a "bad" car."

seninha
seninha

Boeing 747-400 came in this morning at Amsterdam airport with some F1 cars on board.(don't know which ones)

Will depart in about 10 minutes to Austin :P .

astracrazy
astracrazy

prob all. Do FOM charter a plane?

Hail22

Alcatraz...your basketball court is in need of some TLC/Paint.

I think COTA will pull off a good show, just wanted to say in part a big thank you to Hairy and others who submitted videos, photos, previews, reviews, breaking news etc. Without your information during the Formula 1 summer break it would of been boring to read two day old posts!

So big thank you...and the interesting debate that was happening with Xpensive :D
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Mr Alcatraz

Hail22 wrote:Alcatraz...your basketball court is in need of some TLC/Paint.
Very true but the lights work just fine, and before me it belonged to Swen Nater. :wink:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Pennster
Pennster

Re: 2012 US GP to be held in Austin

hairy_scotsman wrote:I got the email. Haven't had a chance to view it all. I wonder who it's from, too, but I doubt it's Hellmund. He got his settlement. At this point I'm just happy he started this thing and McCombs & Epstein are going to finish it.
Looks like Tavo was behind the promotional email.

Tavo Hellmund added as defendant to Circuit of the Americas lawsuit
http://www.statesman.com/news/news/loca ... the/nSzrr/

I hear there will be more pro-Tavo pieces paid for by him/his ad agency over the next week. Should be interesting to see how everyone responds/acts. This is especially true in the Paddock, where they will all be.

Forza

FW17

Re: 2012 US GP to be held in Austin

Pennster wrote:
hairy_scotsman wrote:I got the email. Haven't had a chance to view it all. I wonder who it's from, too, but I doubt it's Hellmund. He got his settlement. At this point I'm just happy he started this thing and McCombs & Epstein are going to finish it.
Looks like Tavo was behind the promotional email.

Tavo Hellmund added as defendant to Circuit of the Americas lawsuit
http://www.statesman.com/news/news/loca ... the/nSzrr/

I hear there will be more pro-Tavo pieces paid for by him/his ad agency over the next week. Should be interesting to see how everyone responds/acts. This is especially true in the Paddock, where they will all be.

strad

The building of CotA. Speed show about construction etc
click photo
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

dren

What will be the best way to get to the track from San Antonio? After hearing of the traffic issues, will there be any better routes? Looks like we'll have to give ourselves at least a few hours to get there. We got parking passes for the large lot just north of the track.
Honda!

mantikos
mantikos

dren wrote:What will be the best way to get to the track from San Antonio? After hearing of the traffic issues, will there be any better routes? Looks like we'll have to give ourselves at least a few hours to get there. We got parking passes for the large lot just north of the track.
I am leaving 2 hours early from Cibolo (north of San Antonio) I was going to take 183 all the way but now promised to pick up friends in Buda so f'd on 35 with the rest of you guys. I do have parking @ the airport so I will probably try and avoid 130 and shoot off to *can't remember the name of the state freeway in order to get there in 2 hours

dren

mantikos wrote:
dren wrote:What will be the best way to get to the track from San Antonio? After hearing of the traffic issues, will there be any better routes? Looks like we'll have to give ourselves at least a few hours to get there. We got parking passes for the large lot just north of the track.
I am leaving 2 hours early from Cibolo (north of San Antonio) I was going to take 183 all the way but now promised to pick up friends in Buda so f'd on 35 with the rest of you guys. I do have parking @ the airport so I will probably try and avoid 130 and shoot off to *can't remember the name of the state freeway in order to get there in 2 hours
So 183 is the 130 right? That was what I was thinking about taking. We're staying somewhere in northern San Antonio.

How are cops around there? If it's 80mph are they going to bother with us going 90?
Honda!

mantikos
mantikos

dren wrote:
mantikos wrote:
So 183 is the 130 right? That was what I was thinking about taking. We're staying somewhere in northern San Antonio.

How are cops around there? If it's 80mph are they going to bother with us going 90?

http://binged.it/W5BwAG

Look up that map

I was going to take 183 from San Antonio but now I will take it from 130

There will be plenty of traffic where you won't be able to speed...lol

There will be too many cops around - I would drive safe this is pay day for the city/county