2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
zoroastar
zoroastar

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Sedaxel wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 17:34
Are all of you talking about the one that gapped Stroll 15 seconds in less than 20 laps five days ago? Really?

For me there's no doubt that today there's a difference in both cars setup.

Many of you have been a couple years saying that age is catching on Alonso. No matter all the times Alonso proved he's still a top driver... You keep on your nonsense.
yeah dude, its funny how the tides turn so fast in here haha. even people that love alonso start throwing around the age thing every time he doesnt beat his teammate by a second and a half. and then the clown that comes in here, only when alonso doesnt make q3. you would think that alonso was his ex step dad. so much animosity toward somebody hes never seen before :lol:

SSJ4
SSJ4

andrew shovlin. mentioning mercedes improved simulator correlation

“A large part of it is getting an accurate representation of the tyre, an accurate representation of the car itself. There’s a huge amount of detail in the tyres that you’ve got to get right if you want the models to feel similar.

feel like we messed up big time. team didnt expect the tyre issues in race trim till actual pre season testing.

how much different is wind tunnel correlation compared to simulator?!

i've said it for a while but we probably improve the least from friday to saturday+sunday most of the time. but i dont think the new simualtor is until next year

max_speed
max_speed

diffuser wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 01:46
Sedaxel wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 00:47
«Tenemos un problema en el motor desde el principio de la semana. Pero esta será la última carrera con este motor y había que utilizarlo en algún momento. Vale más no poner un motor demasiado bueno en estos momentos que no estamos en los puntos, así que será una carrera difícil»

Said by Alonso in Spanish press.

He says that he has a known motor problem and that they decided to use it in this race, since it's the last race to use this motor and they have little to lose.

But hey, the conclusion is that Alonso is old.
Well something was old.
Alonso will only get old when he decides to get old. let's not listen to kiddos. only truth is that this CAR has not future and i will repeat same if next updates dnt work fire Dan/Krack and have a reset

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

KimiRai wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 21:17
Braked/lifted earlier than Stroll in most corners and nervous with the throttle in turns 6/7. Also what I can see from the video evidence in turn 3 he missed the apex a bit and traction wasn't the best, even though according to telemetry he didn't end up losing (maybe Stroll wasn't optimal there too?) Stroll might have got a tow before turn 3.
Stroll didn't have anyone in front on his lap. No slow cars, nothing.

You can see Alonso does lose time on the first two straights. It was probably under a tenth from this. It's not as clear how to extract the PU loss over the rest of the lap, but it would only increase. I think both cars could have gone faster. Stroll took too much speed in the last corner and went off.

KimiRai
KimiRai

zoroastar wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 02:38
yeah dude, its funny how the tides turn so fast in here haha. even people that love alonso start throwing around the age thing every time he doesnt beat his teammate by a second and a half. and then the clown that comes in here, only when alonso doesnt make q3. you would think that alonso was his ex step dad. so much animosity toward somebody hes never seen before :lol:
Well, you ignore those who come in bad faith and that's it. That doesn't take away from the fact that there is a valid concern to be had. For now the car is in such a sorry state that I will refrain from judging him too much, but there will be no excuse if Stroll keeps beating him once it improves.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

beating for position 12 13 14 15 so from Alonso point of view it does not matter, if you are out side of the point and your team mate also same as you but one position up and down.

He said that the engine is old may be he is trying to save engine to avoid penalty. It even does not matter to push hard because you are not going to gain any places which are going to get any points for you and the team. So I don't think Alonso has lost his talent ....big not. if he did, he is the one who will retire first instead of team.

-wkst-
-wkst-

ALO and STR have used the same amount of PU components so far.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

-wkst- wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 08:02
ALO and STR have used the same amount of PU components so far.

Stroll knocked himself out early in Jeddah so has a slightly fresher engine somewhere in the pool.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Slightly fresher doesn’t make 2-3 tenths after 2 sectors. ALO simply did a bad job for his standards (before Miami). As some guys said, normally ALO is miles faster than team mates with shitty cars.

His body language is very negative currently in interviews. Yesterday he said moreover that he was happy with his laps. Don’t know what’s going on…

KimiRai
KimiRai

Could it be the wrist injury he appeared with on the Miami GP? It coincides with Alonso's bad streak.

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

Nikosar wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 01:40
Sedaxel wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 00:47
«Tenemos un problema en el motor desde el principio de la semana. Pero esta será la última carrera con este motor y había que utilizarlo en algún momento. Vale más no poner un motor demasiado bueno en estos momentos que no estamos en los puntos, así que será una carrera difícil»

Said by Alonso in Spanish press.

He says that he has a known motor problem and that they decided to use it in this race, since it's the last race to use this motor and they have little to lose.

But hey, the conclusion is that Alonso is old.
You made a great non sense conclusion but assuming he's 20, what position would he reach with this car ? it is an age problem that the engine feels good ? much slower then before
I wrote the conclusion in ironic mode, of course. Just because someone was saying that I'm cult thinking.

Alonso doesn't stop driving at the highest level. That's not an opinion, it's a fact when you look at the races. As soon as something looks strange in his behaviour, there are several guys that immediately wave the "he's old, he'd better retire" flag. Even before knowing why the performance is not the expected. Then, when all factors show up, those guys don't even say sorry. They hide, and wait for another moment to jump again with their stupid argument.

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

zoroastar wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 02:38
Sedaxel wrote:
28 Jun 2024, 17:34
Are all of you talking about the one that gapped Stroll 15 seconds in less than 20 laps five days ago? Really?

For me there's no doubt that today there's a difference in both cars setup.

Many of you have been a couple years saying that age is catching on Alonso. No matter all the times Alonso proved he's still a top driver... You keep on your nonsense.
Yeah, 100% true. We'll be another couple of years with the same story, you'll see. They'll keep on saying he should retire every now and then, and in the meanwhile, Alo will keep on performing as a top class driver, even with a bad car.

organic

AMR has won the bid to test the 2026 tyres first.

https://formu1a.uno/en/aston-martin-win ... -f1-tyres/
Reserve Felipe Drugovich set to drive as the date falls between the Azerbaijan and Singapore GPs, and race drivers Fernando Alonso and Lance Stroll will be travelling. Thus far, Pirelli has only been testing the narrower 2026 tyres virtually, with the first physical prototypes due to be manufactured in August.
All teams are expected to participate in the full test programme with mule cars over the course of 2025.

However, there were only three spots for the initial running in the latter half of this season, and all the teams with the resources to take part – such as ongoing TPC 2022 car test programmes – wanted to be involved.

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

What I've read from Alonso is that they have a PROBLEM with the motor, not that the motor is OLD.

I think the difference is important.

Some of you are saying the motor is old... Maybe the source I've found is wrong? Where did you read it? I've seen in Mundo Deportivo.

RedNEO

Alonso said this is the last race with this engine.
We have had an engine problem since the beginning of the week. But this will be the last race with this engine and it had to be used at some point. It is better not to put a too good engine at the moment when we are not in the points, so it will be a difficult race," he added, highlighting some failure in his Mercedes engine.

So Alonso has been running around with a sick engine. He’s not lost his mojo so that concern can be put to bed.