2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
RedNEO

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

SSJ4 wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 03:26
andrew shovlin. mentioning mercedes improved simulator correlation

“A large part of it is getting an accurate representation of the tyre, an accurate representation of the car itself. There’s a huge amount of detail in the tyres that you’ve got to get right if you want the models to feel similar.

feel like we messed up big time. team didnt expect the tyre issues in race trim till actual pre season testing.

how much different is wind tunnel correlation compared to simulator?!

i've said it for a while but we probably improve the least from friday to saturday+sunday most of the time. but i dont think the new simualtor is until next year
No simulator is in building two and will be finished at the same time as the wind tunnel in august/September. So a matter of a couple of months.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Half a year or more.

Simulator needs correlation, like the tunnel, and won’t be ready until next year.

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

Sedaxel wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 10:56
Nikosar wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 01:40
Sedaxel wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 00:47
«Tenemos un problema en el motor desde el principio de la semana. Pero esta será la última carrera con este motor y había que utilizarlo en algún momento. Vale más no poner un motor demasiado bueno en estos momentos que no estamos en los puntos, así que será una carrera difícil»

Said by Alonso in Spanish press.

He says that he has a known motor problem and that they decided to use it in this race, since it's the last race to use this motor and they have little to lose.

But hey, the conclusion is that Alonso is old.
You made a great non sense conclusion but assuming he's 20, what position would he reach with this car ? it is an age problem that the engine feels good ? much slower then before
I wrote the conclusion in ironic mode, of course. Just because someone was saying that I'm cult thinking.

Alonso doesn't stop driving at the highest level. That's not an opinion, it's a fact when you look at the races. As soon as something looks strange in his behaviour, there are several guys that immediately wave the "he's old, he'd better retire" flag. Even before knowing why the performance is not the expected. Then, when all factors show up, those guys don't even say sorry. They hide, and wait for another moment to jump again with their stupid argument.
Is it a fact, really? Bad positioning on L1, and while Stroll even made a pass, Alonso fell backwards, and was painfully slow for most of the race. Does it mean he has gotten old and will inevitably be outpaced by Stroll from now? Definitely not. But he is not delivering, so we are in agreement on that.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

he may be cooking something and may be some changes in the team after AM poor performance.

each action by Alonso has equal opposite reaction. So better wait and watch....

nowaysthatsreal
nowaysthatsreal

Almost a second slower per lap , and the car balance is horrible. Not sure they will find a solution for this. It’s 2025 then mostly

TLof
TLof

Let's not nitpick everything now. His start was fine, he was forced wide by Stroll and got over the curbs, compromising his exit. The weekend is done, anyways. 6 seconds off to a Haas after 23 laps, very competitive.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Hulk 10 sec time penalty and 2 penalty points for forcing Alo off the track

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

SchuMassa wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 12:38
Sedaxel wrote:
Nikosar wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 01:40

You made a great non sense conclusion but assuming he's 20, what position would he reach with this car ? it is an age problem that the engine feels good ? much slower then before
I wrote the conclusion in ironic mode, of course. Just because someone was saying that I'm cult thinking.

Alonso doesn't stop driving at the highest level. That's not an opinion, it's a fact when you look at the races. As soon as something looks strange in his behaviour, there are several guys that immediately wave the "he's old, he'd better retire" flag. Even before knowing why the performance is not the expected. Then, when all factors show up, those guys don't even say sorry. They hide, and wait for another moment to jump again with their stupid argument.
Is it a fact, really? Bad positioning on L1, and while Stroll even made a pass, Alonso fell backwards, and was painfully slow for most of the race. Does it mean he has gotten old and will inevitably be outpaced by Stroll from now? Definitely not. But he is not delivering, so we are in agreement on that.
Oh, so you consider facts what happens in one single race, in which also happens to be a motor problem.

Facts are what has been happening through all the races. Do you want to review all? And, if you're so kind, I would take out from the study the races where something non related to driver happens.

Start from the last race (6 days ago) and keep reviewing backwards.

Then come here and repeat Stroll's assessment about the 4-4 in qualifying and that points are just a casual thing.

But hey, you know what? You're right, he should be ahead of Stroll even with a faulty motor. If he's not, it's because he's getting old. Happy?

diffuser

Sedaxel wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 13:55
SchuMassa wrote:
Sedaxel wrote:

Oh, so you consider facts what happens in one single race, in which also happens to be a motor problem.

Facts are what has been happening through all the races. Do you want to review all? And, if you're so kind, I would take out from the study the races where something non related to driver happens.

Then come here and repeat Stroll's assessment about the 4-4 in qualifying and that points are just a casual thing.

But hey, you know what? You're right, he should be ahead of Stroll even with a faulty motor. If he's not, it's because he's getting old. Happy?
Not sure about the motor thing. What I saw was him having alot of problems getting on the throttle out of corners. Lots of wheel spin or him just waiting for the car to get straight to hammer it.

Turn 3 was terrible not sure what was going on there. Maybe he's using a different setup to Stroll. Don't know.

PinkFloydPulse

Holy crap what the hell is going on in this thread?! ALO has a bad sick engine this weekend, give it a rest already! No, he did nit loose his mojo and no, Stroll is not faster than him and never will be…
Team Fernando!

maxxer
maxxer

KimiRai wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 13:25
Hulk 10 sec time penalty and 2 penalty points for forcing Alo off the track
it is becoming silly how haas is driving everyone off track and it will end up into a mayor incident , every time

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 14:13
Holy crap what the hell is going on in this thread?! ALO has a bad sick engine this weekend, give it a rest already! No, he did nit loose his mojo and no, Stroll is not faster than him and never will be…
This.

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

Sedaxel wrote:
SchuMassa wrote:
Sedaxel wrote:

You are putting my words in my mouth, man.
Notwithstanding the potential engine issues this time, his Q performance this year has been volatile, to say the least. Same for L1 performances. I'm more worried he is being limited by his wrist injury or demotivation than his age.

RedNEO

diffuser wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 14:12
Sedaxel wrote:
SchuMassa wrote:

Not sure about the motor thing. What I saw was him having alot of problems getting on the throttle out of corners. Lots of wheel spin or him just waiting for the car to get straight to hammer it.

Turn 3 was terrible not sure what was going on there. Maybe he's using a different setup to Stroll. Don't know.
He’s literally just told us it’s his engine. Why are you acting clueless?

-wkst-
-wkst-

He did not say „it’s the engine“. He said, obviously only in Spanish TV, that there are some PU issues. No word about how bad it affected him. But that’s the same with updates or other stuff with some guys, conclusions are drawn without deeper knowledge. I would say we just judge what we actually know or can compare…