2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
RedNEO

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

-wkst- wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 15:31
He did not say „it’s the engine“. He said, obviously only in Spanish TV, that there are some PU issues. No word about how bad it affected him. But that’s the same with updates or other stuff with some guys, conclusions are drawn without deeper knowledge. I would say we just judge what we actually know or can compare…
He did say it’s his engine I literally quoted him a page ago. Instead you want to make up your elaborate conspiracies for no reason. What we have is what he just told us, no point making up dramas in peoples heads. I’ll even quote him again.

RedNEO

RedNEO wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 11:25
Alonso said this is the last race with this engine.
We have had an engine problem since the beginning of the week. But this will be the last race with this engine and it had to be used at some point. It is better not to put a too good engine at the moment when we are not in the points, so it will be a difficult race," he added, highlighting some failure in his Mercedes engine.

So Alonso has been running around with a sick engine. He’s not lost his mojo so that concern can be put to bed.

diffuser

RedNEO wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 14:39
diffuser wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 14:12
Sedaxel wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 13:55

Oh, so you consider facts what happens in one single race, in which also happens to be a motor problem.

Facts are what has been happening through all the races. Do you want to review all? And, if you're so kind, I would take out from the study the races where something non related to driver happens.

Start from the last race (6 days ago) and keep reviewing backwards.

Then come here and repeat Stroll's assessment about the 4-4 in qualifying and that points are just a casual thing.

But hey, you know what? You're right, he should be ahead of Stroll even with a faulty motor. If he's not, it's because he's getting old. Happy?
Not sure about the motor thing. What I saw was him having alot of problems getting on the throttle out of corners. Lots of wheel spin or him just waiting for the car to get straight to hammer it.

Turn 3 was terrible not sure what was going on there. Maybe he's using a different setup to Stroll. Don't know.
He’s literally just told us it’s his engine. Why are you acting clueless?
Well, I guess I should have wrote, I'm not sure how much of an impact "just" the motor thing had cause he was having other issues with the balance of the car. He was catching TSU 4 to 6 10th in S1 and S3 and losing it all in S2. Maybe the motor issue has something to do with the throttle sensativity?

Alonso complained to his engineer about turn 3 as well. They tried another shape on the last lap but by then the tires were gone.

Are they changing the PU for Quali and the race ? By "race" does he mean "race race" or "sprint race"?
Last edited by diffuser on 29 Jun 2024, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.

RedNEO

diffuser wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 15:54
RedNEO wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 14:39
diffuser wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 14:12

Not sure about the motor thing. What I saw was him having alot of problems getting on the throttle out of corners. Lots of wheel spin or him just waiting for the car to get straight to hammer it.

Turn 3 was terrible not sure what was going on there. Maybe he's using a different setup to Stroll. Don't know.
He’s literally just told us it’s his engine. Why are you acting clueless?
Well, I guess I should have wrote, I'm not sure how much of an impact the motor thing had cause he was having other issues with the balance of the car. He was catching TSU 4 to 6 10th in S1 and S3 and losing it all in S2. Maybe the motor issue has something to do with the throttle sensativity?

Alonso complained to his engineer about turn 3 as well. They tried another shape on the last lap but by then the tires were gone.

Are they changing the PU for Quali and the race ? By race does he mean race race or sprint race?
I doubt it if the result is going to still be just out of the points or one point maximum. It would be a waste to change just to get ahead of Stroll for a point. We’ll see though.. I personally don’t care though car is crap so it doesn’t matter who’s ahead or if the engine is made of chocolate it won’t change the result much. I want to see real change. I want Newey!

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

Krack's days are numbered.

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

The demonstration of how many people understand nothing about formula 1 or even logic, Alonso in sector 2 paid almost 2 tenths of Albon, he managed to overtake him in the third sector at the last,that's because he was old right? He worked another magic with a car that wasn't from q2, GREAT FERNANDO

KimiRai
KimiRai

We knew Austria and Silverstone were going to be tough, not a surprise here :(
Last edited by KimiRai on 29 Jun 2024, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.

-wkst-
-wkst-

So, PU wonder healing or just better driving/different set ups etc compared to STR?

We can close the case. In the heat the team is not competitive.

max_speed
max_speed

This car is an embarassment. Alonso pushing at risk of crashing and on short high speed track almost 4th down

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

4 tenths away from getting into Q3. The lap was not great but frankly didn't make any difference. Unaccaptable

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alonso surprisingly calm and encouraging words for the team despite all. So much for "toxic"

CriXus
CriXus

ASTON MARTIN IN AUSTRIA

Fastest qualy lap in 2023 Qualifying: 1:04.893
Fastest qualy lap in 2024 Qualifying: 1:05.639 (+0.746s)
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” - George Bernard Shaw

-wkst-
-wkst-

Track conditions, also others were slower.
The laps in Q2 weren’t good either, same time as in Q1, despite the track evolution, which is of course smaller in Austria.

PinkFloydPulse

insane that they are 0.746 seconds slower than last year... that's just so bad...
Team Fernando!

NAPI10
NAPI10

Some good news for AM after dismal performance all round -
https://formu1a.uno/en/aston-martin-win ... -f1-tyres/