2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alex_Z
Alex_Z

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

KimiRai wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 16:58
Alonso surprisingly calm and encouraging words for the team despite all. So much for "toxic"
He's reached the acceptance stage. AMR will not produce a competitive car again while he's under contract, toxicity won't get him anywhere

diffuser

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 17:30
insane that they are 0.746 seconds slower than last year... that's just so bad...
Did you not read, it was same for others? LeClerc was .6 slower than 2023.

diffuser

-wkst- wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 17:29
Track conditions, also others were slower.
The laps in Q2 weren’t good either, same time as in Q1, despite the track evolution, which is of course smaller in Austria.
Maybe the gravel traps? The drivers are more cautious cause the penalty is greater going off track?

SSJ4
SSJ4

Krack said the wind tunnel data looks promising. But he also said Austria would be better than barcelona. So suffice to say I have 0 faith

peewon

KimiRai wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 16:22
We knew Austria and Silverstone were going to be tough, not a surprise here :(
I dont think Austria was supposed to be this bad. It has a lot of straights and few, if any, long corners. Really going backwards. It could be confirmation bias on my part because I was out on them building a contender as soon as Fallows came out complaining of the restrictive nature of the rules last year. It sounded to me like a public explanation to Stroll. Everything they have done and said in last year since then has only confirmed that premonition. Newey is the only hope if your aim is to compete for even wins. Seems almost delusional to even mention titles.

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

They are probably working on the flexibility of the wings, the front wing is the most important part of the car, the first that meets the air and this totally changes the flows that will go into the sidepods, in the bottom etc. As a result, by March 2023 they probably had the wind tunnel which correlated well because it was based on a flexible wing that worked with that kind of concept.The AMR24 was already in development and at a good stage probably as early as June 2023 when the car still had the flexible wing, so the current car is still based on that type of concept. I think so and that's why I'm much more confident about the updates that are about to arrive
Last edited by Sherrinford on 29 Jun 2024, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.

KimiRai
KimiRai

peewon wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 18:16
KimiRai wrote:
I dont think Austria was supposed to be this bad. It has a lot of straights and few, if any, long corners. Really going backwards. It could be confirmation bias on my part because I was out on them building a contender as soon as Fallows came out complaining of the restrictive nature of the rules last year. It sounded to me like a public explanation to Stroll. Everything they have done and said in last year since then has only confirmed that premonition. Newey is the only hope if your aim is to compete for even wins. Seems almost delusional to even mention titles.
Alonso says he could've gone quicker with a better engine but there was no point now that the car is bad. DLR also mentioned something being tested on Alo's car but refused to explain further.

SSJ4
SSJ4

I just don’t have faith. Spain and Austria last year were the first races without the flexi wings last year and we performed a lot better in comparison to this year

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Sherrinford wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 18:20
They are probably working on the flexibility of the wings, the front wing is the most important part of the car, the first that meets the air and this totally changes the flows that will go into the sidepods, in the bottom etc. As a result, by March 2023 they probably had the wind tunnel which correlated well because it was based on a flexible wing that worked with that kind of concept.The AMR24 was already in development and at a good stage probably as early as June 2023 when the car still had the flexible wing, so the current car is still based on that type of concept. I think so and that's why I'm much more confident about the updates that are about to arrive
In the last interview, after qualy Alonso was look so much more regarded about the hungary update, "maybe will not solve the issues". I dont know man, absolute nothing what AM introduce on their car after 2023 start made bring the car faster. I dont believe and i lost any hope until see the things happening in the track. I really dont know whas happening, AM was A LOT OF improvement in the AMR 22, They was similiar Alpine this year, i dont know how last year and now they falling down so quickly.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
peewon wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
Alonso says he could've gone quicker with a better engine but there was no point now that the car is bad. DLR also mentioned something being tested on Alo's car but refused to explain further.
DLR?

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

diffuser wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 18:52
KimiRai wrote:
peewon wrote:

DLR?
De La Rosa

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

Alonso said they changed completely the car from sprint race to qualy, said the mechanics didn't even have time to have lunch, but finally the car felt the same. He discarded the problem was setup... More or less, he's said the car doesn't work, no matter what, and it must be updated. He says they are working very hard in the updates but, with 3 races in a row, there was no time to make it possible now. Also said that the updates might or might not work (obviously... It's a hard time to make promises, you know).

De la Rosa says that they know what to do and they just need some time. Better times to come. Well... What's he supposed to say, no? Now they are maybe the second or third slowest car. Can't be much worse, anyway.

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

I have no trust in the updates. It's quite telling they haven't used the front wing introduced in Imola ever since.

PinkFloydPulse

diffuser wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 17:41
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
insane that they are 0.746 seconds slower than last year... that's just so bad...
Nah, sorry… my bad
Team Fernando!

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 19:42
diffuser wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 17:41
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
Nah, sorry… my bad
No, in reality Aston was the one that worsened the most of all, Redbull improved