WEC (World Endurance Championship) 2014

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
AnthonyG

Re: WEC (World Endurance Championship) 2014

Audi 1-2, so an Audi will win
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

zgred

oT v1 wrote:Ahhh I'm stuck on a coach on the way to Luton airport, who's likely to win guys???? Are the audi's broken? #8 coming through??
At the moment:
1. #2 Run TRÉLUYER B. AUDI R18 E-TRON QUATTRO 360
2. #1 Out KRISTENSEN T. AUDI R18 E-TRON QUATTRO 357 3 Laps
3. #8 Run DAVIDSON A. TOYOTA TS 040 - HYBRID 355 5 Laps
4. #14 Pit LIEB M. PORSCHE 919 - HYBRID 347 13 Laps
5. #20 Pit WEBBER M. PORSCHE 919 - HYBRID 346 14 Laps

oT v1
oT v1

Thanks guys, I'll go check the GTAm/Pro times too, looked like a good battle
The Power of Dreams

mep

The moment Webber sits in the car it breaks down. :wtf:

zgred

Source

=D>

Pierce89

[-o<
Bob Brown wrote:Bad Luck for Toyota as always. That really sucks for them....... so dominant :(

No point watching anymore.
Yeah the 2014 TS040 is really a special car. It and the Peugot 908 are the two cars that define a modern LMP to me, because Audi hasn't really built a "standout" or "special" LMP since the R8, in my book anyways.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Bob Brown

Pierce89 wrote:[-o<
Bob Brown wrote:Bad Luck for Toyota as always. That really sucks for them....... so dominant :(

Yeah the 2014 TS040 is really a special car. It and the Peugot 908 are the two cars that define a modern LMP to me, because Audi hasn't really built a "standout" or "special" LMP since the R8, in my book anyways.
Heck, even Porsche did a great job this year with their V4 battery setup. I don't like them much, but at least they made an effort to do something different in LMP1.

Powerslide

Amazing AUDI's, fast until the end. Toyota 8 was catching all the time but just not enough time, eventhough 24 hours. As tough as it was, there seem to be an air of confidence in AUDI, a calculative win? Maybe going diesel and opting for less strenuous electric 2Mj seems to do the trick while the others were suffering temperature on high electric power dependency. Nissan ZEOD, that was sad, so much effort, was it the gearbox?
speed

Bob Brown

Audi was lucky, that's all.... and 1 extra car.

Weren't the fastest, weren't the best.

FW17

the number of sub 3.30 laps that audi 1 and 2 reeled out were amazing, it was almost like every lap, that was quiet amazing when you consider their qualy lap was 3.23

Pierce89

Bob Brown wrote:Audi was lucky, that's all.... and 1 extra car.

Weren't the fastest, weren't the best.
I have to agree. Audi wasn't even reliable, its just that their breakdowns weren't terminal. The Porsche disappointed me, as Peugot and Toyota both had a more competitive pace their respective first years(hell, the Peugot was the quickest car out there in its first year).
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

Pierce89 wrote:[-o<

To be fair, there wasn't nearly as much competition for the R8. Really just Bentley, and only for three of its five years at Le Mans.

Lycoming
Lycoming

What happened to Porsche was not entirely unexpected given their woes during testing.

As for toyota... the way the race played out between them and Audi is almost a carbon copy of how races went in the Peugeot era.

Holm86

Fantastic race this year :-) Too bad that Tom didn't get his 10'th but very happy that car #95 won the GTE am. It was a very emotional victory for the team :-)

Cam

Top Gear has - in honor of the 2014 Le Mans - put together its list of the greatest ever cars to grace the track. Beautiful images and short bio of each. A nice way to end a great race by reflecting on all the great predecessors.
From Bentley Speed Sixes to Ferrari 250s, from Ford GT40s to Porsche 956s, the list of Le Mans winners stands not only as a roll-call of the greatest cars in history, but also as testament to the human race’s obsession with finding new, clever ways to go ever faster.

So, to whet your appetite for this weekend’s race, we’ve cobbled you together a gallery of the very greatest Le Mans racers of the last ten decades, no fewer than 20 cars spanning the epic endurance race’s history.
http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/the-gr ... -2014-6-12
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.