[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2023 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CAEdevice

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2023 (Grand Prix Cars)

The renderings are improving race by race, cool.

A message for everyone who has a LinkedIn account: please follow our MVRC official page and share the posts you like.

HermesMotorsport

LVDH wrote:
30 Aug 2023, 17:44
While we seem to have too many red cars, I think Hermes Motorsport actually looks pretty good.
Thanks! I appreciate it! One small detail though, I was actually aiming for a golden look instead of the orange one on the front and rear wings and the mirrors also. Though this one might be on me as I don't really recall the color I submitted when I registered the team.

HermesMotorsport

CAEdevice wrote:
30 Aug 2023, 18:58
The renderings are improving race by race, cool.

A message for everyone who has a LinkedIn account: please follow our MVRC official page and share the posts you like.
Done!

LVDH

HermesMotorsport wrote:
30 Aug 2023, 20:08
LVDH wrote:
30 Aug 2023, 17:44
While we seem to have too many red cars, I think Hermes Motorsport actually looks pretty good.
Thanks! I appreciate it! One small detail though, I was actually aiming for a golden look instead of the orange one on the front and rear wings and the mirrors also. Though this one might be on me as I don't really recall the color I submitted when I registered the team.
I know, you have other colors in your registration, I simply used what I saw in your released renders. I can change it for the next one.

HermesMotorsport

I know, you have other colors in your registration, I simply used what I saw in your released renders. I can change it for the next one.
Oh ok! Thank you!

G-raph

Nice renders! The light settings are better than last time, and it's nice to see you have a play with the liveries.

Welcome to the Challenge HermesMotorsport! It's great to see people joining in, I hope you'll enjoy it and stick around.

There are some interesting updates for Monza. Panthera has a shot at leading the midfield, and so does PurePower with a decent development step. But I think CAEdevice might snatch a surprise podium with its Monza rear wing and many floor and bodywork vanes. Busor should be doing well too if cooling has been fixed. HRT2.0 has redrawn its entire car, it looks much more tidy and still has a lot of really cool ideas as usual. And I think Variante will be much closer to victory than he would admit. That should be interesting.

LVDH

G-raph wrote:
31 Aug 2023, 22:37
Nice renders! The light settings are better than last time, and it's nice to see you have a play with the liveries.
Thanks for noticing. The new light setup was what I worked on the most. I especially like the view from the rear, there you can see that there is now more than one light.

When adding the logos, I noticed how different the rear wing flaps on the cars are. Sometimes I had to place the MVRC logo on the main element, sometime it would easily fit on the rear one. Lets see which design proves to be the best...

HermesMotorsport

G-raph wrote:
Welcome to the Challenge HermesMotorsport! It's great to see people joining in, I hope you'll enjoy it and stick around.
Thank you! Looking forward to it!

variante

It amazes me that only a few teams (G-Raph, Hermer, Variante and maybe CAEdevice) went for a lower drag setup.
Max Taylor's simulator suggests massive gains with that (which is reasonable). And yet, even Max didn't choose that path :wtf:

If that's the case, G-Raph seemingly nailed the setup, which is not promising for me.
Maybe i could and should have shaved another CD 0.05 off my rear wing. But i should be in the right ballpark anyway.

CAEdevice

variante wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 11:28
It amazes me that only a few teams (G-Raph, Hermer, Variante and maybe CAEdevice) went for a lower drag setup.
Max Taylor's simulator suggests massive gains with that (which is reasonable). And yet, even Max didn't choose that path :wtf:

If that's the case, G-Raph seemingly nailed the setup, which is not promising for me.
Maybe i could and should have shaved another CD 0.05 off my rear wing. But i should be in the right ballpark anyway.
I confirm low drag setup. After submitting the car I could further reduce Cd.A by 0,05... but it was too late and I am happy with drag anyway. I wish I had gained a bit more efficiency... Monza might have been my only possibility to win a race this year.

spacehead3

variante wrote:
And yet, even Max didn't choose that path
My car had quite a bit lower drag than most of you to start with, so I decided to just keep looking for downforce. My simulations showed that I might just be able to sneak ahead Koldskaal for a Monza podium, but with a lot of you opting for special low drag setups that may not be possible now. We'll see...
Max Taylor

BlueCheetah66
BlueCheetah66

G-raph wrote:
HRT2.0 has redrawn its entire car, it looks much more tidy and still has a lot of really cool ideas as usual.
I've made quite a habit of completely redesigning my cars race on race, but I think this might the first car that I will keep the concept fairly consistent. Depending on how the long simulations go this car should have a lot more performance, although I was disappointed with the lack of gains I had with the longer simulation in the last race.

LVDH

spacehead3 wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 13:49
My car had quite a bit lower drag than most of you to start with, so I decided to just keep looking for downforce. My simulations showed that I might just be able to sneak ahead Koldskaal for a Monza podium, but with a lot of you opting for special low drag setups that may not be possible now. We'll see...
That is an interesting approach to Monza...

Looking at the cars a bit more in detail, I started wondering about Koldskaal's side cooling exits. They probably channel the air in an interesting way to the rear wing. Or is this just cool design?

Busor
Busor

spacehead3 wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 13:49
Same thinking for me, having (hopefully) fixed the cooling just in time and sticking with my already low drag, I was just leaving out some of the high downforce developments.
Busor

yinlad

variante wrote:

Same as Max really, I was already 15-20pts of drag lower than the front runners so focused on finding a bit more performance without adding drag(potentially reduced) as well as getting cooling and CoP spot on. For me that was worth more time than shedding another 10pts of drag
MVRC - Panthera