Adrian Newey Leaves Red Bull Racing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
-wkst-
-wkst-

Re: Adrian Newey Leaves Red Bull Racing

Laughable.

The sum of money is always the same, but the contract length is always different - when they talk about the AMR offer. Next week the media sites will report about a 2 years deal worth 100m...

It's rather influence and engineers he demands from RBR or other teams, that will interest Newey the most. I guess the topic money was already finished after one meeting with Stroll/Aramco.

PlatinumZealot

If rumours are true then he is really tired of the RBS. And i dont mean royal bank of scottland!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Vanja #66

Briatore offered Newey carte blanche. Italian text from German sources

https://www.formulapassion.it/f1/f1-new ... rta-bianca
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Newey to Alpine would certainly be one that nobody saw coming!! 🤣🤣
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

KimiRai
KimiRai

KimiRai wrote:
23 Aug 2024, 17:28
According to The Race Newey is yet to formally accept the offer made by Stroll, no contract is believed to have been signed so far (so reports from Italy that he had already signed could be fake)

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/adri ... structure/

PlatinumZealot

PapayaFan481 wrote:
20 Aug 2024, 20:59
Newey to Alpine would certainly be one that nobody saw coming!! 🤣🤣
I would rather a naked Horner than a Flavio in speedos, thank you!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

KimiRai
KimiRai

NSBiker
NSBiker

From reading through this series, it is clear than many have not read Newey's book, "How To Design A Car".
It isn't so much about designing a car as his experiences from childhood up-to the Red Bull days. My favourite bit was his "job interview" with Harvey Postlethwaite.
A couple of things from the book and other sources. He is incredibly competitive. This has been noted by C. Horner and others, "the most competitive person I have ever met" and F1 is his primary ambition.
He has recently been in touch with Roger Penske and Bernie Eccelestone to get their take on longevity and what it takes. In both cases, the answer was "Don't stop what you are doing. Keep at it". He doesn't need the latest tools for his trade. He perservered with the Southampton wind tunnel for years and delivered amazing results.
Not that any of this is gospel or fact, but expectation is, he will continue in F1 somewhere. He would rather stay in England and it will likely go on longer than expected.
There has also been a mention that as per his Gardening Leave agreement, he was not permitted to announce where, when or for whom he night work until September 2024. Here we are.
Speculation is fun, anticipation frustrating and this story has them all. Gonna be a funn ride.
I still think Redbull should have sent him to Cash-App RB for 2024. That would have been great.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Newey to sign with Aston Martin next week according to the Daily Mail. He would be free from September 6th but it is expected that the announcement arrives during the Azerbaijan GP week

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formu ... rrari.html

Vanja #66

So much about his dreams to win with Ferrari and Hamilton :mrgreen:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

KimiRai
KimiRai

Motorsport.com: Newey’s move to Aston Martin set to be made official

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/newe ... /10650940/

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

KimiRai wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 16:11
Motorsport.com: Newey’s move to Aston Martin set to be made official

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/newe ... /10650940/
Yea, we've heard this before.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if Newey is just at his wit's end seeing Aston Martin introduce unsuccessful upgrades for three years in a row and simply has to get in there and do something about it before he goes crazy.

djones
djones

Such a shame and disappointing end to his career if he does go to Aston. Especially if Lance keeps a seat because it’s at best only then ever a one good driver team.

Going from Redbull to anywhere other than McLaren, Ferrari or Mercedes is like the designer of beautiful Lamborghinis going to work at Kia just because they are paying you more.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

djones wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 18:14
Such a shame and disappointing end to his career if he does go to Aston. Especially if Lance keeps a seat because it’s at best only then ever a one good driver team.

Going from Redbull to anywhere other than McLaren, Ferrari or Mercedes is like the designer of beautiful Lamborghinis going to work at Kia just because they are paying you more.
I guess Lawrence offered him a good deal on a DB5 lol

Seriously though, he can't lose. If Aston win, it's because of Newey. If they don't, even the great Newey couldn't save them!!
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Bill
Bill

djones wrote:
03 Sep 2024, 18:14

The likes of merc .ferrari have won championship without newey so they are not willing to change .merc and others are big corporations not agile like aston that basically answer mostly to one man so it won't be a good environment for newey.kia is a big company with lots of resources like aston has shown they are willing to throw money around so they won't frustrate their engineer like renault did on their pu when the worked with newey at redbull.