2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jdn1327
Jdn1327

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

I gotta say, after watching that race I think Ferrari have done us a favour taking Lewis off our hands. No pace, no hunger...leading to car damaging mistakes and poor performances. Man is past his sell by...Time to get some real talent back into the car. George is a rightful team leader.

DGP123
DGP123

Jdn1327 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:37
I gotta say, after watching that race I think Ferrari have done us a favour taking Lewis off our hands. No pace, no hunger...leading to car damaging mistakes and poor performances. Man is past his sell by...Time to get some real talent back into the car. George is a rightful team leader.
😂 what a difference a week makes.

ToffeeTyres
ToffeeTyres

Jdn1327 wrote:
His car was damaged if not he probably would have challenged Russell

PlatinumZealot

What a stab to the heart!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

AMG.Tzan

Jdn1327 wrote:
Get a grip mate

Lewis again was faster than George before he had to give the position back to Sainz and take an irrelevant penalty!

Don’t know what you think but the guy is still the fastest in the race and the only guy who can properly beat Verstapen…

Just look at “real talent” Norris…
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

j_ste
j_ste

So...that wasnt dull.

Sport hey

Luscion
Luscion

Jdn1327 wrote:
Where are you getting this no pace and no hunger from? Lewis had pace, he was attacking Russell, had to give back the place to Sainz then got floor damage on the curb at turn 8, a curb everyone was driving over and lost a lot of pace early on in the gp, they tried to do adjustments after he pitted but didnt help. He also got a podium last week and finished p4 here. No matter what result merc gets during a weekend people always complain about one of the drivers instead of being happy for the team. Great drive from Russell, congrats on P1
Last edited by Luscion on 30 Jun 2024, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.

j_ste
j_ste

Jdn1327 wrote:
And breathe.

mkay
mkay

Absolutely shocking race by Hamilton, damage or not. He keeps picking up damage in Austria year after year. That 5-second penalty was the nail in the coffin.

Luscion
Luscion

mkay wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:46
Absolutely shocking race by Hamilton, damage or not. He keeps picking up damage in Austria year after year. That 5-second penalty was the nail in the coffin.
Big mistake with the pit lane for sure but i think he could have still gotten a podium with the 5 sec penalty if not for the floor damage, it was picked up on turn 8, a curb everyone was riding, didnt seem like it was a driver error but yea for some reason he doesnt really do well around here

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Great job to George. Lewis's head does not seem in it. How many times are you going to damage your car like? He looked racy in the beginning, but as soon as he was told to let Sainz back it seemed he went into chill mode. I get a feeling he's questioning his being in F1 at the moment. Toto had to come to the radio to try to motivate him. Not a good effort at all.

mkay
mkay

Hammerfist wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:52
Great job to George. Lewis's head does not seem in it. How many times are you going to damage your car like? He looked racy in the beginning, but as soon as he was told to let Sainz back it seemed he went into chill mode. I get a feeling he's questioning his being in F1 at the moment. Toto had to come to the radio to try to motivate him. Not a good effort at all.
In fairness to Hamilton, he did try to overtake Sainz but it just wasn't on and then he backed off to look after his tyres.

That said, he not only incurred floor damage and then picked up a penalty. All on his own. P2 was in reach sadly without those mistakes.

justin2102
justin2102

Jdn1327 wrote:
Amen to that brother. At first i was worried we as a team were finished after he abandoned ship but after the recent performances by George well, Good riddance

Luscion
Luscion

Hammerfist wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:52
He started getting graining from being behind Sainz, was told it was all surface temps and that he needed to go into tire management for the temps, the damage was on the right side of the floor for going over the curb at turn 8, wasnt a case of running wide and smashing into a curb like he did during the sprint quali. then he just lost all pace

ToffeeTyres
ToffeeTyres

justin2102 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:59
Jdn1327 wrote:
Amen to that brother. At first i was worried we as a team were finished after he abandoned ship but after the recent performances by George well, Good riddance
Listen to you! You’re not a proper fan. Only support when they’re winning hey! Hamilton had damage easily done if he didn’t have damage or had to give place back to , then the 5 second penalty which was a bit harsh. I’m sure he would have been ahead of Russell Lewis was all over him at the start. He got the best he could with damage and time penalty 4th place. Stop complaining.