2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Sherrinford wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 19:56
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 19:42
diffuser wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 17:41

Did you not read, it was same for others? LeClerc was .6 slower than 2023.
Nah, sorry… my bad
No, in reality Aston was the one that worsened the most of all, Redbull improved
I think alot it has to do with teams being able to go harder last year without the gravel traps.

Waz
Waz

Continuing to use a PU with some kind of fault at that units final race anyway might also mean they have confidence in the coming upgrades. It makes sense if their comments about not bothering to swap a new unit in right now.

A detuned engine can affect the balance and set up too, with compromises needed.

FNTC
FNTC

Waz wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 21:05
Continuing to use a PU with some kind of fault at that units final race anyway might also mean they have confidence in the coming upgrades. It makes sense if their comments about not bothering to swap a new unit in right now.

A detuned engine can affect the balance and set up too, with compromises needed.
Yeah, if they have a flex wing in the works that they believe in, it would make sense to keep using that old engine for now since they will be struggling anyway.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Sherrinford wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 19:56
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 19:42
diffuser wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 17:41

Did you not read, it was same for others? LeClerc was .6 slower than 2023.
Nah, sorry… my bad
No, in reality Aston was the one that worsened the most of all, Redbull improved
VER improved, yes, but his gap to 2nd place is telling.

ALO had a bad Q2.

Track temps were about 10 degrees higher today than last year, which means a lot.

Normally in Austria 2 or even 3 fast laps are possible with 1 set, but not today.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Maybe Newey said he will only come if the car looks bad and is last this year....:)
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

KimiRai
KimiRai

It will be interesting to see how the new technical structure will look like in the future (if the rumours are true of course). They could do something akin to McLaren with multiple TDs, maybe Fallows aero TD and Cardile chassis TD. Or return Fallows to a Head of Aero kind of role similar to what he had in Red Bull and make Cardile the sole TD, but it seems more teams are moving towards the McLaren style
Last edited by KimiRai on 30 Jun 2024, 12:51, edited 3 times in total.

max_speed
max_speed

Sedaxel wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 19:23
Alonso said they changed completely the car from sprint race to qualy, said the mechanics didn't even have time to have lunch, but finally the car felt the same. He discarded the problem was setup... More or less, he's said the car doesn't work, no matter what, and it must be updated. He says they are working very hard in the updates but, with 3 races in a row, there was no time to make it possible now. Also said that the updates might or might not work (obviously... It's a hard time to make promises, you know).

De la Rosa says that they know what to do and they just need some time. Better times to come. Well... What's he supposed to say, no? Now they are maybe the second or third slowest car. Can't be much worse, anyway.
Incompetent people always ask for more time and maintain faith. You know qho are incompetent when they dnt bravely admit their mistakes, take accountability and fire their ego to turn things around. Look at redbull even when they were lossing to merc they were not saying need time this that, were continuously pushing and bringing updates and qere talking about taking fight to merc.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

diffuser

max_speed wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 09:52
Sedaxel wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 19:23
Alonso said they changed completely the car from sprint race to qualy, said the mechanics didn't even have time to have lunch, but finally the car felt the same. He discarded the problem was setup... More or less, he's said the car doesn't work, no matter what, and it must be updated. He says they are working very hard in the updates but, with 3 races in a row, there was no time to make it possible now. Also said that the updates might or might not work (obviously... It's a hard time to make promises, you know).

De la Rosa says that they know what to do and they just need some time. Better times to come. Well... What's he supposed to say, no? Now they are maybe the second or third slowest car. Can't be much worse, anyway.
Incompetent people always ask for more time and maintain faith. You know qho are incompetent when they dnt bravely admit their mistakes, take accountability and fire their ego to turn things around. Look at redbull even when they were lossing to merc they were not saying need time this that, were continuously pushing and bringing updates and qere talking about taking fight to merc.
Yeah, they kept saying they needed a better PU. Things aren't always as black and white as you suggest. Should they have fired everybody at McLaren? We don't even know if Keys was fired or left on his own to join Audi.
Last edited by diffuser on 30 Jun 2024, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.

RedNEO

GoranF1 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 07:30
Maybe Newey said he will only come if the car looks bad and is last this year....:)
Yeah if he can turn Aston Martin around he will be hailed a GOD. He’s already the GOAT in my eyes but there will be no doubt with this :)

diffuser

RedNEO wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 12:48
GoranF1 wrote:
Yeah if he can turn Aston Martin around he will be hailed a GOD. He’s already the GOAT in my eyes but there will be no doubt with this :)
IF Newey comes, it will not be for anything before the 2026 car. All we really have until then is what we got plus Cardile.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 09:43
It will be interesting to see how the new technical structure will look like in the future (if the rumours are true of course). They could do something akin to McLaren with multiple TDs, maybe Fallows aero TD and Cardile chassis TD. Or return Fallows to a Head of Aero kind of role similar to what he had in Red Bull and make Cardile the sole TD, but it seems more teams are moving towards the McLaren style
If they make Cardile the sole TD, that would be a slap in the face to Fallows, I don't see Lawrence being so crude. If he does do that, they'll have some other spin on it I haven't thought about. I foresee a joint TD or CTO thing.

Agreed, it will be interesting.

RedNEO

diffuser wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 12:50
RedNEO wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
IF Newey comes, it will not be for anything before the 2026 car. All we really have until then is what we got plus Cardile.
No Newey will be free at the start of 2025 and can already have a lot of influence on the design teams direction for 25 while he designs critical parts for 26 like suspension, aero etc. it will be a win win situation for Aston.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alonso: Aston Martin won't rest until it's back at the front

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2024/06/ ... -the-front

diffuser

RedNEO wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 13:05
diffuser wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 12:50
RedNEO wrote:

No Newey will be free at the start of 2025 and can already have a lot of influence on the design teams direction for 25 while he designs critical parts for 26 like suspension, aero etc. it will be a win win situation for Aston.
I read his time will end at RBR in Q1 2025. That could be the beginning or the end. Generally that means the end. At any rate the unvail at Silverstone of the new AMR is Generally in the vicinity of mid February. Minimum 8 weeks to manufacture puts all designs need to be done before Christmas. Even if he came in Dec 1, I doudt 2 weeks would be enough change much.

I will add, the 2026 car will get an early start. Probably Q1 2025.