2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
venkyhere
venkyhere

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 17:02
Should the hard tire have been slower than the medium tire at the end of the race in Silverstone?
tough to even contemplate an answer. As a layman, I have never understood tyre behavior - because all notions that I form, get broken in the very next race that I watch. :D

Meanwhile, found the link for a gem of an article in the Ferrari team thread, about what Mercedes did with the W15 that made it come alive :
Space-heat wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 16:09
Merc fixed their bouncing from preseason with a front suspension modification - https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-me ... /10633022/
Will the 'hump' appear on the RB20 in Hungary ? Is that what Marko meant ?

Rikhart
Rikhart

AR3-GP wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 16:04

Budapest update doc: "Circuit specific camera bump" :lol:
That might well happen, they are not forced to disclose internal modifications, like say different suspension system ;)

Sergej
Sergej

FWIW
A new aerodynamic package that is supposed to make Verstappen's car 1.5 tenths of a second faster will be fitted to the car at the next race in Hungary. Red Bull chief advisor Helmut Marko told F1-Insider.com: "It has to work. Otherwise it won't look good."
https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-mercede ... ier-63972/

more in the article about Mercedes' upward trend being under Max's attention for 2025

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

Honestly, 1.5 tenths isn't even that much. And that's only if it works as planned. They are incredibly lucky that McLaren/Norris keep messing up otherwise both the WDC and WCC would have been in jeopardy after this triple header.

If they lose Max for next season they are properly f*cked imo. I don't see who they could get to replace him, none of the top talents are available I think. Alonso (too old anyway), Hamilton, Leclerc and Norris (if you consider him a top talent) are all taken. I wonder if Max is seriously considering switching to Mercedes or if he is renegotiating with Red Bull for some serious dough.

Sergej
Sergej

If Mercedes keeps being competitive and RB doesn't recover momentum, jumping in for 2025 could be a good choice for Max, he could have a shot at the title (this RB in 2025 will disappear without Max, real contender will be McLaren) and be in the right place for 2026 PU overhaul; I'm sure Max will keep an eye on how Mercedes performs in the next few events.

ali623
ali623

SirBastianVettel wrote:
10 Jul 2024, 12:25
Honestly, 1.5 tenths isn't even that much. And that's only if it works as planned. They are incredibly lucky that McLaren/Norris keep messing up otherwise both the WDC and WCC would have been in jeopardy after this triple header.

If they lose Max for next season they are properly f*cked imo. I don't see who they could get to replace him, none of the top talents are available I think. Alonso (too old anyway), Hamilton, Leclerc and Norris (if you consider him a top talent) are all taken. I wonder if Max is seriously considering switching to Mercedes or if he is renegotiating with Red Bull for some serious dough.
Their best option in that scenario would be trying to convince Russell to jump ship, with Max joining Merc. With all the pandering Toto has done to Verstappen in the past several months, Russell must surely realise he has no hope at Merc if Max did actually join.

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

ali623 wrote:
10 Jul 2024, 12:48
Their best option in that scenario would be trying to convince Russell to jump ship, with Max joining Merc. With all the pandering Toto has done to Verstappen in the past several months, Russell must surely realise he has no hope at Merc if Max did actually join.
I actually have no idea what Russell's contract situation is at the moment. He's definitely doing a good job compared to Hamilton at the moment, although I'm not yet convinced how he would do in a tight championship battle against a top-tier driver.

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

Sergej wrote:
10 Jul 2024, 12:45
If Mercedes keeps being competitive and RB doesn't recover momentum, jumping in for 2025 could be a good choice for Max, he could have a shot at the title (this RB in 2025 will disappear without Max, real contender will be McLaren) and be in the right place for 2026 PU overhaul; I'm sure Max will keep an eye on how Mercedes performs in the next few events.
I'm not fully convinced yet that Mercedes is really closing the gap all that much to McLaren and Red Bull. It seems to me that (for now) it was mostly due to low temperatures at the Canadian and British Grands Prix. If they are still competitive in Hungary and Belgium at high temperatures then I would seriously consider jumping ship if I was Max.

ali623
ali623

SirBastianVettel wrote:
10 Jul 2024, 12:52
ali623 wrote:
I actually have no idea what Russell's contract situation is at the moment. He's definitely doing a good job compared to Hamilton at the moment, although I'm not yet convinced how he would do in a tight championship battle against a top-tier driver.
Russell and Hamilton both signed contracts till the end of 2025, but it turned out Hamilton's was an option for a second year, which allowed him to sign with Ferrari. Not sure if that's the same with Russell's though.

Jurgen von Diaz

SirBastianVettel wrote:
ali623 wrote:
Russell's current contract runs until the end of 2025.

Jurgen von Diaz

ali623 wrote:
SirBastianVettel wrote:
10 Jul 2024, 12:52
ali623 wrote:
Russell and Hamilton both signed contracts till the end of 2025, but it turned out Hamilton's was an option for a second year, which allowed him to sign with Ferrari. Not sure if that's the same with Russell's though.
I think George does not have such status as Lewis, who can insert non-performance escape clauses into his contracts.

Jurgen von Diaz

ali623 wrote:
SirBastianVettel wrote:
10 Jul 2024, 12:25

If Merc were the dominant team, it would be hard to leave the team. On the other hand, with all this Toto's Verstappen and Antonelli hype, it could be a wise thing to jump to Red Bull if the chance arose.

Cassius
Cassius

SirBastianVettel wrote:
10 Jul 2024, 12:56
Sergej wrote:
10 Jul 2024, 12:45
I'm not fully convinced yet that Mercedes is really closing the gap all that much to McLaren and Red Bull. It seems to me that (for now) it was mostly due to low temperatures at the Canadian and British Grands Prix. If they are still competitive in Hungary and Belgium at high temperatures then I would seriously consider jumping ship if I was Max.
A bit premature. We haven't seen their upgrade yet. The 1.5 tenths is all speculation as it is not a direct quote. The upgrade needs to be good enough to allow Max to win 2024 WDC. In 2025 they can fix the flaws of the RB20, also by copying some of the solutions from Merc and McL. We know they know where they are lacking, but can only fix partially in 2024.

Paa

Max has been with Red Bull since forever. Now they had 4-5 difficult races (possibly due to a FIA downgrade?) - in which period he still collected by far the most points and comfortably winning the WDC. And everybody talks about jumping ships right away. Isn't it a bit premature?

chrisc90

I really can’t see max leaving. There’s been far tougher years for him than this last handful of races.

Also, 1.5tenths is about the norm for an upgrade package. Unless it’s from Ferrari camp when it’s 2-3x that