2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
wiktor977
wiktor977

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

MichaelxScarn wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 15:39
Being overtaken by Alpine is the simplemost embarrassing thing.
No. Alpine are clearly faster

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alonso 2 hundredths quicker than Max for the fastest lap! We're back in the championship fight :lol: :lol: :lol:

TLof
TLof

Watch how they will turn the fastest lap into a positive for the next race. :|

MichaelxScarn
MichaelxScarn

wiktor977 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:42
MichaelxScarn wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 15:39
Being overtaken by Alpine is the simplemost embarrassing thing.
No. Alpine are clearly faster
Yes they are, now, and that’s exactly what is embarrassing.

Nikosar
Nikosar

And Alpine brought only one major while Aston aside from Austria they always bring something knew, rather local spec upgrade or performance upgrade*

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

I remember in the last January or February, someone said in the social media "Alonso in the simulator said they have an understeer" before the pre season started. So, after every pre season test and more races they are not improve that already. Its a bit difficult to believe they can make a "mclaren's stepfoward" in Hungary or whereever. Unfortunetly for us, we need suffer more next week and pray to hungary, but, i simple dont have any hope.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alo said before the race they knew the 2 stop was the ideal strategy but were going to risk for a three stop in case there were safety cars or anything special where they could benefit. Makes sense, nothing to lose really with this car. Great start he gained like three places and maintained DRS, sadly the penalty ruined it and then the time lost being lapped and everything but that's the state of things at the moment, good fastest lap and good job by Lance.

Not much to await in Silverstone too. I don't even mind if Hungary isn't a huge improvement, just that whatever they bring there works noticeably and have good correlation, that's the minimum I ask, then continue improving after the summer break
Last edited by KimiRai on 30 Jun 2024, 18:16, edited 5 times in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

KimiRai wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:43
Alo said before the race they knew the 2 stop was the ideal strategy but were going to risk for a three stop in case there were safety cars or anything special where they could benefit. Makes sense, nothing to lose really with this car. Great start he gained like three places and maintained DRS, sadly the penalty ruined it and then the time lost being lapped and everything but that's the state of things at the moment, good fastest lap and good job by Lance.

Not much to await in Silverstone too. I don't even mind if Hungary isn't a big improvement, it just needs to work whatever they bring there and have good correlation
My impression is that 3 stop races don't benefit you when there are multiple safety cars or VSCs in the race that occur outside your own pit windows.

What benefits you is running long, and then profiting from a cheeky pitstop when the SC or VSC is called. By commiting to pitting early and more frequently, you basically bank in a lot of track position loss (like selling stocks just after a temporary price dip) which you can't get back because you can't drive at full green flag speeds under VSC or when they are in that brief period between when the safety car enters the track and when the safety car actually collects the leader.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 30 Jun 2024, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

KimiRai wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:43

Not much to await in Silverstone too. I don't even mind if Hungary isn't a *huge* improvement, it just needs to work whatever they bring there and have good correlation, that's the minimum I ask
Yeah the BIGGEST point and the most important things is see the upgrades make sense and working on the car, even they still fighting to enter on Q3

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

Haas, RB and Alpine superiors, I would say that an apology is enough. People who were criticized two months ago because they had a negative vision, they were right and we must admit it with sincerity

Nikosar
Nikosar

Alonso on the upcoming Budapest package : "We’re going to bring something to Budapest, but I don’t think we’re focusing on Budapest, we’re focusing on the whole year," he said. "We don’t know if it’s going to be the definitive solution"

Nikosar
Nikosar

Just to finish the weekend on a good note, -2 penalty points for the contact with Zhou. The FIA is too harsh on Aston.

Jambier

Nikosar wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:52
And Alpine brought only one major while Aston aside from Austria they always bring something knew, rather local spec upgrade or performance upgrade*
This is a crucial point:

- since 22+ cars it is not just about upgrade
- we saw past years Mercedes bringing tons of them and not really progressing or Aston going backwards

This is more about small changes and finding the right setup with them. Alpine is very similar to before but they have find out how to make the car fastest, Mercedes in a way find something also that unlock performance

I am sure that Aston is underperforming, yes they need upgrades but also unlock car potential and they will be back in the points.

The started at Mercedes level and now are very far so maybe they can bounce back

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

did they know what they are doing? If the upgrade does not work, they need to remove that upgrade and find out why ....then go with next upgrade.

It seems they already planned upgrade for the car which are coming every race weekend so they really don't know where the problem is and how to fix it.

I think after summer break we will come to know, if they still at the bottom, something really wrong with them. 2025 also write off if they could not find the solution.

I believed that from 2023 performance, they can challenge it for 2024 and 2025 now it is difficult and they have to look for 2026.

Let's hope newly join the team to fix these issues. Ferrari Chairman did not confirmed that Newly joining them in press. So there is still hope that AM will sign them hence I thing Lance also signed 2 year deal.

FNTC
FNTC

If you look at the Alpine onboard their front wing flexes alot. They have by far the weakest engine. Hopefully AMRs own flex wing will help.