2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SSJ4
SSJ4

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Ngl I just don’t feel anything after these last two races and the same for silverstone . It’s just painful.

diffuser

selvam_e2002 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 20:27
did they know what they are doing? If the upgrade does not work, they need to remove that upgrade and find out why ....then go with next upgrade.

It seems they already planned upgrade for the car which are coming every race weekend so they really don't know where the problem is and how to fix it.

I think after summer break we will come to know, if they still at the bottom, something really wrong with them. 2025 also write off if they could not find the solution.

I believed that from 2023 performance, they can challenge it for 2024 and 2025 now it is difficult and they have to look for 2026.

Let's hope newly join the team to fix these issues. Ferrari Chairman did not confirmed that Newly joining them in press. So there is still hope that AM will sign them hence I thing Lance also signed 2 year deal.
Hungry is 9 weeks from Imola. Normal manufacturing takes 8 weeks. So this looks like a package that is a change in direction from where they were going. Otherwise, the upgrades would have come sooner.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Why nobody talking about the times overall? I mean the lap times for the whole field? I noticed this year ,that teams struggle to get even close to their last year lap times especially at qualification. Actually in Austria only Verstappen was faster this year than last year but still with a tiny bit.
2024 1:04.314
2023 1:04.391.
Why is so? I mean what changed in the regulations what did slow them down? Nothing what I know or remember.
Aston whit the last year car at this Race ,which already was different than the beginning of the season did run 1:04:893.
This year 1:05:639. Actually if they just would throw out this car and take the dust off from the last year one,then at qualification with the last year time they could be at 4th position. Could be? I don't think so! Why I think so? Think about it what changed last year 🤔...

wiktor977
wiktor977

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 23:40
Why nobody talking about the times overall? I mean the lap times for the whole field? I noticed this year ,that teams struggle to get even close to their last year lap times especially at qualification. Actually in Austria only Verstappen was faster this year than last year but still with a tiny bit.
Why is so? I mean what changed in the regulations what did slow them down? Nothing what I know or remember.
Aston whit the last year car at this Race ,which already was different than the beginning of the season did run 1:04:893.
This year 1:05:639. Actually if they just would throw out this car and take the dust off from the last year one,then at qualification with the last year time they could be at 4th position. Could be? I don't think so! Why I think so? Think about it what changed last year 🤔...
New kerbs and gravel traps

zoroastar
zoroastar

Sherrinford wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 18:47
Haas, RB and Alpine superiors, I would say that an apology is enough. People who were criticized two months ago because they had a negative vision, they were right and we must admit it with sincerity
i dont remember anybody guaranteeing that aston were about to start getting podiums at any point with this car. would an apology stroke your ego man? lol the car sucks, everybody has known that for at least 2 months now. it doesnt take a prophet to realize that

zoroastar
zoroastar

selvam_e2002 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 20:27
did they know what they are doing? If the upgrade does not work, they need to remove that upgrade and find out why ....then go with next upgrade.

It seems they already planned upgrade for the car which are coming every race weekend so they really don't know where the problem is and how to fix it.

I think after summer break we will come to know, if they still at the bottom, something really wrong with them. 2025 also write off if they could not find the solution.

I believed that from 2023 performance, they can challenge it for 2024 and 2025 now it is difficult and they have to look for 2026.

Let's hope newly join the team to fix these issues. Ferrari Chairman did not confirmed that Newly joining them in press. So there is still hope that AM will sign them hence I thing Lance also signed 2 year deal.
if you believe them, i believe it was De la rosa stating that they knew what the problem was at last weeks race. i have a little faith based on the fact that there are a few people in the team that have to be on the hot seat with this performance, and lack of understanding of what upgrades they have brought, for going on 2 years now. the only thing that will save "somebody" is if they either fix some things real fast, or they have some bugs in their system that have little to do with human error. even if the latter is true, i imagine stroll will get rid of somebody if they dont improve a lot before the end of the season. last week they seemed more confident about hungary upgrades. this week maybe they are taking the approach that alonso suggested, and to have less talk (and promises) and more solutions. we can hope

zoroastar
zoroastar

does anyone know how much $ lance makes? i wonder if he is one of the team that doesnt fall under the salary cap, or if he gets an "allowance" from dad, and gets a smaller salary

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

zoroastar wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 00:30
Sherrinford wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 18:47
Haas, RB and Alpine superiors, I would say that an apology is enough. People who were criticized two months ago because they had a negative vision, they were right and we must admit it with sincerity
i dont remember anybody guaranteeing that aston were about to start getting podiums at any point with this car. would an apology stroke your ego man? lol the car sucks, everybody has known that for at least 2 months now. it doesnt take a prophet to realize that
In fact, I have faith in this technical department, but enough with the excuses, the tunnel, the simulator, etc. They're not doing well, you can't be behind customer teams who spend 1/10 of you on upgrades

diffuser

zoroastar wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 01:10
does anyone know how much $ lance makes? i wonder if he is one of the team that doesnt fall under the salary cap, or if he gets an "allowance" from dad, and gets a smaller salary
Driver salaries don't fall under the cap. There was talk of a seperate driver salary cap, how much you could spend on both drivers. Think they decided it would be to difficult to enforce.

max_speed
max_speed

RedNEO wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 12:48
GoranF1 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 07:30
Maybe Newey said he will only come if the car looks bad and is last this year....:)
Yeah if he can turn Aston Martin around he will be hailed a GOD. He’s already the GOAT in my eyes but there will be no doubt with this :)
Newey is joining ferrari, it's 100% confirmed, elkanan also confirmed they just waiting to announce it

-wkst-
-wkst-

zoroastar wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 00:47
if you believe them, i believe it was De la rosa stating that they knew what the problem was at last weeks race. i have a little faith based on the fact that there are a few people in the team that have to be on the hot seat with this performance, and lack of understanding of what upgrades they have brought, for going on 2 years now. the only thing that will save "somebody" is if they either fix some things real fast, or they have some bugs in their system that have little to do with human error. even if the latter is true, i imagine stroll will get rid of somebody if they dont improve a lot before the end of the season. last week they seemed more confident about hungary upgrades. this week maybe they are taking the approach that alonso suggested, and to have less talk (and promises) and more solutions. we can hope
Looking how bad the sprint Q was for ALO and how much they changed his car for the normal Q (according to his own - that mechanics even didn't have lunch), I don't believe that they have understood this car at all. Otherwise you don't do that, simply as that.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

wiktor977 wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 00:21
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 23:40
New kerbs and gravel traps
How I said,not only in Austria...

-wkst-
-wkst-

Austria and Miami, but that's it.

Everywhere else teams got quicker on average, a lot quicker most of the time. Also AMR was a lot quicker in Bahrain, Saudi, Japan or Spain. Would have been a lot quicker in Australia, with a normal Q3.

In Monaco the pole time was a sec quicker too despite the short track.

Canada rainy Q 2023, China and Imola weren't in the calender last year.

diffuser

-wkst- wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 07:40
zoroastar wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 00:47
Looking how bad the sprint Q was for ALO and how much they changed his car for the normal Q (according to his own - that mechanics even didn't have lunch), I don't believe that they have understood this car at all. Otherwise you don't do that, simply as that.
Alonso said the pace just isn't in the car.

RedNEO