2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
venkyhere
venkyhere

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

There is no need to ponder about just the Silverstone race. Ever since Japan, or ever since Miami, RB20 has struggled with slow corners. When I first heard Alisson say that Redbull brought a downgrade to Japan, I pooh-pooh-ed at him, claiming he was talking out of jealousy. However, Canada sowed the doubts. As Barcelona and Austria rolled over, in my mind there looked to be a lot of credence to what Alisson said. After silverstone, seeing the struggle to 'press down' the tyre enough when the surface is greasy, that notion has strengthened a lot. Which in turn is reinforcing the super-stiff spring/damping theory. The probability that they 'overdid' something in Japan and pegged back the car, is looking very high.
Last edited by venkyhere on 11 Jul 2024, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

basti313
basti313

Wouter wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 14:00
basti313 wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 13:32
Dunlay wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 13:04
I was not referring to race performance. It was obvious to see their struggles throughout the weekend, including the first stint in race.
I can not see this...we had wet FPs and generally RedBull is not fast in FPs. Remember last year where they sometimes looked like Nr3 after FP2.
In Quali Max ruined the car early.

And as mentioned, in the first stint he was ahead of Lando until the rain started.
Sorry, there is no reference point for "struggles".
About your red sentence: HUH? Max was > 12 sec slower than Norris until the rain started.

https://en.mclarenf-1.com/2024/gp/s9253 ... s/842-821/
It started around lap 12. He had the 12sec after doing 12laps on a moist track on slicks. That is what I am talking about: Stiff suspension plus low grip simply does not work. The drizzle here gives the perfect answer.
And this is the issue with low speed as well, the stiff suspension gives a huge benefit for aero but reduces mechanical grip.
Don`t russel the hamster!

organic

The issue compared to McLaren and mercedes is that they have more front load and softer front suspension. Mercedes introduced a new front wing concept and suspension elements mid-season which transformed their car performance. Hopefully RB will be able to follow suit in Hungary but not holding my breath

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I watched the onboards with Ver at the end of the race. On the hard tire, the slow corners were well balanced (in both FP1 and final stint of the race). When you compare it to Piastri's final stint, Verstappen wasn't losing any time in slow corners.

The car has a small window for being decent in slow corners.

The biggest issue in Hungary will be temperature. This looks like the hottest race of the year.

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

AR3-GP wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 17:00
The biggest issue in Hungary will be temperature. This looks like the hottest race of the year.
Is that an issue for Red Bull or a blessing?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

SirBastianVettel wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 17:38
AR3-GP wrote:
Is that an issue for Red Bull or a blessing?
Maybe an issue (tire deg) but also a blessing. Last year, Mercedes had to turn down their PUs in Hungary because of the hot weather. It's possible that they made progress for this year, or not.

Red Bull has done a lot of "cooling" related work to increase the efficiency in high cooling scenarios.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 11 Jul 2024, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

Luscion
Luscion

Marko on Perez
“All Formula 1 contracts have exit clauses, most of them related to performance – or let’s say for the top drivers,” he told Grandprix 247.

“As I mentioned before, we will have an evaluation during the summer break – and then we will make a decision.”

https://lastwordonsports.com/motorsport ... mut-marko/

chrisc90

Luscion wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 20:32
Marko on Perez
“All Formula 1 contracts have exit clauses, most of them related to performance – or let’s say for the top drivers,” he told Grandprix 247.

“As I mentioned before, we will have an evaluation during the summer break – and then we will make a decision.”

https://lastwordonsports.com/motorsport ... mut-marko/
I really can’t see him making any progress quick enough. Bar a few races, Perez has had more bad races than poor. His form this season should be inverted, the 3 good races he has had, should have been his poorer races.

But it was the same in ‘23 aswell - and we all said it then!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
I watched the onboards with Ver at the end of the race. On the hard tire, the slow corners were well balanced (in both FP1 and final stint of the race). When you compare it to Piastri's final stint, Verstappen wasn't losing any time in slow corners.

https://i.postimg.cc/fyrsLjhy/image.png

The car has a small window for being decent in slow corners.

Max said even with more front wing angle and hard compound in final stint he still felt the front tyres degrading a lot. So clearly there's an issue there. Maybe RB shouldn't expect to be competitive at front limited circuits from here

Wouter

Lawson completes important Red Bull test

Lawson took the wheel of Red Bull's current-spec machine at Silverstone in wet conditions :(
in what Christian Horner insisted was a pre-organised outing.

An article about yesterday.

The Power of Dreams!

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Wouter wrote:
12 Jul 2024, 10:53

Lawson took the wheel of Red Bull's current-spec machine at Silverstone in wet conditions :(
in what Christian Horner insisted was a pre-organised outing.
Ricciardo still leading the RB testing championship then. :mrgreen: :lol:

Sergej
Sergej

Marko
“We struggling at the moment. We don’t have the fastest car at the moment. But we have Max and that makes a difference. but we have to catch up again. Since McLaren updated in Miami, it is now the most competitive car.

“The McLaren is fast everywhere, in all conditions and now Mercedes look like they have caught up. But we are bringing an update and hopefully, this update will be a success so we can run it again. We are used to controlling the top of the field.

“But at the moment we are I would say on the backfoot we have problems. With this setup, it takes too long to find the right balance. But still lucky enough we could extend the championship lead for Max and also in the Constructors,”
https://www.grandprix247.com/2024/07/09 ... ifference/

Wouter

Today at the GFS the unveiling of the RB17 from Adrian Newey.

As always you have to click on the feed.

The Power of Dreams!

organic

Sky reporter Rachel Brookes suggests that it's a paddock rumour that Marko is not expected to be at RBR in 2025.. we all know about Max's marko escape clause