2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
jofs89
jofs89

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Cowell will be very handy to have for working collaboratively with Honda on the engine side of things. If we get Cardile as well as Newey in a consultancy role then that might explain why they are more relaxed that expected recently... If true, I wonder if they will keep Fallows and stick him in the Aero department or get rid?

I've never really been fully convinced by Fallows, his statements have always been so vague and uninspiring. Also, I swear he's been talked for quite a long time now about increasing the operating window of the car to increase the confidence the driver has to push the car. If that was his goal then he's done quite a bad job making it a reality.

KimiRai
KimiRai

-wkst- wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 12:02
I wonder if they will prepare a mega press release with all the (possible) changes summarized. Cowell, Cardile, Fallows...
Its possible, something like when McLaren announced the changes at the technical structure. We'll see

KimiRai
KimiRai

Cowell signed replacing Whitmarsh, just like rumours said.

Last edited by KimiRai on 02 Jul 2024, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.

RedNEO

KimiRai wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 12:16
Cowell signed!

Great news! Now just a couple more announcements to go to complete the dream team!

diffuser

-wkst- wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 10:32
Thanks for sharing this interesting news.

So after all it was a match between Cowell and Binotto to become the CEO, because Whitmarsh (age 66) is simply retiring.

Let's wait and see if Cardile is still on the way to the team without Binotto.

edit1:

Carlos Miquel apparently said that the updates for Hungary are an evolution of the current car, while in September a copy of the rivals car should arrive (whatever that means exactly).

edit2:

Now the Allison rumours in the winter also make sense, he was for sure a candidate too.
I remember Binotto rumored for CTO, never CEO. CEO is a non technical roll.

KimiRai
KimiRai

diffuser wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 13:13
Yes but apparently (according to Italian media anyway) Cowell has been signed instead of Binotto. So Binotto could be out of the equation for Aston Martin now. Of course, we don't know for sure.

KimiRai
KimiRai

According to Andrew Benson "A high-level source in F1 has told BBC Sport that Cardile has already signed a contract to join Aston Martin, but the team have refused to confirm his move."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/arti ... r49nzpp7jo

-wkst-
-wkst-

diffuser wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 13:13
-wkst- wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 10:32
Thanks for sharing this interesting news.

So after all it was a match between Cowell and Binotto to become the CEO, because Whitmarsh (age 66) is simply retiring.

Let's wait and see if Cardile is still on the way to the team without Binotto.

edit1:

Carlos Miquel apparently said that the updates for Hungary are an evolution of the current car, while in September a copy of the rivals car should arrive (whatever that means exactly).

edit2:

Now the Allison rumours in the winter also make sense, he was for sure a candidate too.
Older reports say CTO, italian media report about a potential CEO role.

But remember that also Whitmarsh has a technical background and anyway as a director (for example for powertrains) you are more an organistor than an engineer. A lot of team principials have a technical background too.

Nikosar
Nikosar

I think CTO role was a speculation, Lawrence was exploring Binotto as TP or CEO. I'm sure more people will be hired soon. Mainly Enrico Cardile for October.

Cowell is a veteran especially he worked on the engine aspect of Mercedes, so I think he will be preparing the Honda era.

BTW I think Briatore will get Binotto to Apline.

RedNEO

Nikosar wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 14:06
I think CTO role was a speculation, Lawrence was exploring Binotto as TP or CEO. I'm sure more people will be hired soon. Mainly Enrico Cardile for October.

Cowell is a veteran especially he worked on the engine aspect of Mercedes, so I think he will be preparing the Honda era.

BTW I think Briatore will get Binotto to Apline.
Yeah Cowell is going to be in similar role to what he had at Mercedes helping the Honda/ Aston Martin integration which is fantastic news to have someone of that calibre. Things are coming together.

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

What fantastic news guys, although withmarsh was great at McLaren. I honestly don't have much faith in Cardile, his Ferraris weren't anything special. THE So I have a lot of hope in Newey, even if he goes to Ferrari for sure

-wkst-
-wkst-

Schmidt claims in the AMuS vlog that AMR is driving too low ans therefore the car is so unstable. He says that the team claims they understand the problem and can solve it. Moreover he told that engineers told him that ALO drove way too hard in Q2 and tyres were cooked.

Sevach
Sevach

How does Aston fits all these guys under the cap? I wonder if they aren't doing it wrong for this era... if this was 2014 the "dream team" structure would be amazing.

Nikosar
Nikosar

Sevach wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 19:05
How does Aston fits all these guys under the cap? I wonder if they aren't doing it wrong for this era... if this was 2014 the "dream team" structure would be amazing.
they are hired under other entities

diffuser

Sevach wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 19:05

They are allowed 3 not under the cap.

I think Lawrence like's Krack cause he is inexpensive and it allows Lawrence to do part of the TP job. Someone like Horner or Wolfe would never allow that.

I don't think Cowell is being paid much more that Whitmarsh. Fallows and the aero guy that came over from Merc, can't remember his name, probably are and are off the books.