2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jurgen von Diaz

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Watto wrote:I think strange into the 2nd Red Bull seat would be a steep too fast for Lawson is Perez is booted as I think using Max as your hardstick could be hard to take.

I could see where perhaps if form warrants it enough. Daniel is given the Perez seat for the rest of the year. With a review at the end of the year for 2025. If Lawson is doing extremely well Daniel is struggling with the as Max;s team mate then maybe you consider a switch
Horner must be hating Tsunoda. He may be an annoying guy, but he has more speed than Ricciardo. It's ridiculous that they are speaking only of Ricciardo, not Tsunoda. Red Bull already has a guy who can lead the team if they think Ricciardo would be that guy.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
14 Jul 2024, 10:01
Watto wrote:I think strange into the 2nd Red Bull seat would be a steep too fast for Lawson is Perez is booted as I think using Max as your hardstick could be hard to take.

I could see where perhaps if form warrants it enough. Daniel is given the Perez seat for the rest of the year. With a review at the end of the year for 2025. If Lawson is doing extremely well Daniel is struggling with the as Max;s team mate then maybe you consider a switch
Horner must be hating Tsunoda. He may be an annoying guy, but he has more speed than Ricciardo. It's ridiculous that they are speaking only of Ricciardo, not Tsunoda. Red Bull already has a guy who can lead the team if they think Ricciardo would be that guy.
There has always been discrimination towards Asians in general in F1. We had heard Marko letting his guard against Perez for being a Mexican. It's just obvious. On merit, Tsunoda deserves the opportunity ahead of every other Red Bull driver, but you hear them willing to take a failed driver like Daniel or even favouring a rookie like Lawson. It just defies logic.

Bill
Bill

Dunlay wrote:
14 Jul 2024, 10:27
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:

There has always been discrimination towards Asians in general in F1. We had heard Marko letting his guard against Perez for being a Mexican. It's just obvious. On merit, Tsunoda deserves the opportunity ahead of every other Red Bull driver, but you hear them willing to take a failed driver like Daniel or even favouring a rookie like Lawson. It just defies logic.
redbull had the opportunity to offload yuki when the like of sauber came looking around.Horner and Marko keep telling the media that yuki is a very quick driver,would he challenge Max perhaps you may think that's ridiculous but redbull are not courageous enough to find out.all talk of yuki being a bit of a hothead is just redhearring all drivers are like that.if it was all racism why do they insist on using Honda power unit and why did the extend yuki contract.they have the likes of Albon before and the team is owned by asians so that just nonsense.

Alexf1
Alexf1

Being quick in any F1 car except the Red Bull doesn't say anything how one would do in the RB20. Marko once said how impressed he was with Ricciardo in the junior categories cause he could handle so much oversteer. Something Gasly, Albon and Perez shown they can't. So get the driver that shows in the simulator they can handle the RB20 in it's current setup the best.

Bill
Bill

Alexf1 wrote:
14 Jul 2024, 11:44
Being quick in any F1 car except the Red Bull doesn't say anything how one would do in the RB20. Marko once said how impressed he was with Ricciardo in the junior categories cause he could handle so much oversteer. Something Gasly, Albon and Perez shown they can't. So get the driver that shows in the simulator they can handle the RB20 in it's current setup the best.
[/quote
the mysthical oversteer.that the optional setup that ric brought to rb in order to assess and benchmark Yuki.since then yuki has runaway with it and has gone fast according Daniel.

Watto
Watto

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:

I tend to agree they Daniel is lucky to be in that position.

On paper Tsunoda would deserve it no doubt. But I wonder if Daniel maybe the safer option. Could mentally take being shown up by Max. I think would be willing (part of the reason he is back with the chance) play 2nd fiddle to Max.Swap places etc. Yuki and perhaps with good reason has at times been a little stubborn there at RB''

If they swap for the 2nd half the season Daniel struggles even at RBR, then well I think he is gone.

I tend to think he will not be at Racing Bulls next year. Hes either in the RBR seat or gone and Lawson will have his seat.

Watto
Watto

The other element in this too like that they have the control they do or not too I think is Max. There were reports the other day that they wanted to keep Perez in the 2nd seat. I could imagine Dan would probably be their choice too if Perez was to be replaced. Red Bull can ignore but the Verstappen's entourage do seem to have some influence at RBR, probably play that in with Daniel and Christian...

Wouter

Goodwood Festival of Speed 2024.

The driving of a number of (ex) drivers in a number of RBs and the performance/interviews afterwards on the podium
in honor of the 20th anniversary of RBR.

The Power of Dreams!

Jurgen von Diaz

Talk about an awkward situation. Poor Checo.

Wouter

You have to click on the 2nd and 5th photo, they are videos

Last edited by Wouter on 14 Jul 2024, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

Bill
Bill

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
14 Jul 2024, 17:23
Talk about an awkward situation. Poor Checo.

its always the ex failed f1 drivers that has a lot to say.kuren new what he was doing

ispano6

Very disappointing to read that Max has vision problems since the crash caused by Hamilton at Silverstone 2021. I always felt that crash wasn't going to be without physical consequences. Hamilton didn't feel any remorse that day and knew exactly where he was placing his car. Good for Max to have overcome adversity and beat him to be the true deserving champion. Knowing he has this condition now, I feel his years may be limited, but I also get the feeling that he might have a personal goal to match Hamilton and Schumacher in championships, or even try to beat it.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:

Tsonoda would psyc himself up too much and be too volitile if he went to the top team imo. It just isn't a good fit.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

As far as Lawson goes , how do we really know ? Everyone just assumes it will be Gasly 3.0.

Lawson has a similar temperament to Oscar Piastri. I just don't see him getting bent out of shape trying to beat Max.

He beat Tsonoda on his first 2 tries.

Watto
Watto

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
15 Jul 2024, 04:36
As far as Lawson goes , how do we really know ? Everyone just assumes it will be Gasly 3.0.

Lawson has a similar temperament to Oscar Piastri. I just don't see him getting bent out of shape trying to beat Max.

He beat Tsonoda on his first 2 tries.
Not sure it getting your nose bent out of joint more, I think Nico I saw an interview with Nico about driving against Lewis. He worked very hard to 'exploit' weakness in Lewis where maybe he had an edge. As soon as he did, Lewis went and worked even harder at closing that down. It over time takes a mental toll, iirc, mentioned he felt like he worked really hard, and Lewis being ultra competitive make fixing the weaknesses look very easy. Max I think is very much the same. Thats not to say Lawson isn't capable of it. But its a big unknown without a little more time in the Racing Bull seat to just see how he goes. Maybe even as I mentioned in a previous post here if Perez is removed this year. Daniel (if he meets quota) is given the last 6 months in the Red Bull as Maxes team mate to prove himself once and for all. If he struggles you open the seat to Lawson if he does very well in what is now Daniels seat .