2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jurgen von Diaz

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

basti313 wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
16 Jul 2024, 08:50
Are you sure that the fresh clauses are for the old contract too (2024) and not just for 2025–2026, when the new contract takes effect?
Well, obviously the upgrade policy changed already and no one is even trying to deny the performance clause being in place -now-.
It is usual for such a contract, that it replaces the old contract immediately. I have never heard of a serial contract elongation in sports.
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
16 Jul 2024, 08:50
Red Bull thought the new contract would have a relaxing effect on Pérez, but they were wrong; things went even worse.
Well, from everything we know I would not be relaxed as well. But what was the alternative? Not elongate and leave him floating would not have been good for anyone. And with the current performance RedBull could (only?) elongate on terms that benefit RedBull...

I think this year’s performance clauses were there all along. They wouldn't had to make new contract. I highly doubt they downgraded this year’s clauses for Pérez in the middle of the season.

It’s normal to let drivers drive for the contract, not like this when a contract is handed to you even though you are driving like Sargeant. This is all about money, but on the other hand, Red Bull is making itself look foolish to start hesitating with their decisions only a few weeks after they signed an extension with Perez. If they are going to sack Pérez in the summer, it is a continuation of the Horner text scandal and Newey's exit, where the organization is messed up and making poor decisions.
Last edited by Jurgen von Diaz on 16 Jul 2024, 10:45, edited 1 time in total.

bluechris

basti313 wrote:
16 Jul 2024, 09:58
bluechris wrote:
16 Jul 2024, 09:04
It's a no brainer to me to get Sainz ..
Yes....but money? I think Sainz is not cheap. And driver money/sponsor money still makes the difference. All the money you save on a driver or gain from Perez sponsors you can spend on people designing boats or supercars. Or gardening...
This is true... so let's continue to burn young drivers beside Max or reburn Riciardo then. There isnt a single driver that exists in F1 that will accept this treatment from RB, at least for a long time... thats why i say Sainz who is a big dog in mind and can stant beside Max, not as a driver but as matter politics. RB will someday loose Max and they will need 2 drivers after him.. they slowly need to behave like a team with 2 drivers and not 1 with the other as sidekick

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

bluechris wrote:
16 Jul 2024, 10:48
RB will someday loose Max and they will need 2 drivers after him.. they slowly need to behave like a team with 2 drivers and not 1 with the other as sidekick
Red Bull have always used the "our driver plus the other bloke" approach. It seems to be in their DNA. It worked with Seb and it's working with Max. They just need to ensure they pick the next Seb/Max in time and bring them on - which is why they have the junior team set up and why they burn through drivers. If they find the next Max then they won't burn through him because he'll be good enough to take the heat. It's an interesting strategy and it works for them, but it's not very nice for those that throw themselves in to the fire in the hope of being the next chosen one.

I should note that other teams do something similar but in the opposite way - they pick drivers and then leave them on the shelf "just in case". That's also not very nice for the young drivers.
Last edited by Just_a_fan on 16 Jul 2024, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

bluechris

Just_a_fan wrote:
16 Jul 2024, 10:53
bluechris wrote:
RB will someday loose Max and they will need 2 drivers after him.. they slowly need to behave like a team with 2 drivers and not 1 with the other as sidekick
Red Bull have always used the "our driver plus the other bloke" approach. It seems to be in their DNA. It worked with Seb and it's working with Max. They just need to ensure they pick the next Seb/Max in time and bring them on - which is why they have the junior team set up and why they burn through drivers. If they find the next Max then they won't burn through him because he'll be good enough to take the heat. It's an interesting strategy and it works for them, but it's not very nice for those that throw themselves in to the fire in the hope of being the next chosen one.
Max was one in a thousand when he appeared... i dont see newcomers carrying all the bells and whistles that Max had as matter their ability and talend (Tsunoda and Riciardo is out of the equation if this is the case), thats why i believe that any youngster near Max will be burned.
But ok .. we will see .. as i see it then Lawson it is or any other really young and promising :)

r85
r85

https://formu1a.uno/it/retroscena-red-b ... etto-rb20/

From the article: Pierre Wache wanted to change the mechanical air compromise to gain performance especially at low and medium speeds but without losing ground at high speeds.

To do this, important decisions have also been made regarding the cooling system, since Red Bull moved most of the cooling inputs to high-pressure areasfreeing the inlet of the bellies to maximise the flow above the bottom and, at the same time, optimising the outbursts in the few low-pressure zones in the back of the RB20.

Just about that, it's curious how Adrian Newey was strongly opposed to many elements currently on the RB20, some of the cooling included. Last May, as he resigned, he told Sky Sports UK that the RB20 did not fully convince him, having above all a feature that he was not at all satisfied with and that "It's something that's going to change later in the season or more likely next year.".

Newey did not agree with the strong extremes of cooling, so much so that, according to a source very close to the British engineer, even... "hates those entrances on the side of the Halo" introduced in Japan.

Xyz22
Xyz22

r85 wrote:
16 Jul 2024, 12:02

From the article: Pierre Wache wanted to change the mechanical air compromise to gain performance especially at low and medium speeds but without losing ground at high speeds.

To do this, important decisions have also been made regarding the cooling system, since Red Bull moved most of the cooling inputs to high-pressure areasfreeing the inlet of the bellies to maximise the flow above the bottom and, at the same time, optimising the outbursts in the few low-pressure zones in the back of the RB20.

Just about that, it's curious how Adrian Newey was strongly opposed to many elements currently on the RB20, some of the cooling included. Last May, as he resigned, he told Sky Sports UK that the RB20 did not fully convince him, having above all a feature that he was not at all satisfied with and that "It's something that's going to change later in the season or more likely next year.".

Newey did not agree with the strong extremes of cooling, so much so that, according to a source very close to the British engineer, even... "hates those entrances on the side of the Halo" introduced in Japan.
Yikes... If Newey doesn't like something, that is not a good sign :D

Curbstone
Curbstone

I am still pretty confused about the design of the RB20. At the start of the season, RB stated that the concept of the RB20 had changed significantly from the RB19 to create more opportunities for further development of the concept. But now, after hardly any improvement it is stated that they are suffering from diminishing returns.... While Mercedes and Mclaren were still able to make great steps and passed Red Bull in several areas. I can't quite reconcile this....

In addition, Newey's role is not clear to me either. He is present at almost every GP, sits at the pitwall during the races and still just walks around the grid with his notebook. That's the opposite of a gardening leave one would expect.

f1isgood
f1isgood

When the car works, Newey is the magician behind suspension and now when it doesn't work, he doesn't agree with the design decisions. Just funny how the narrative is around him.

f1isgood
f1isgood

Curbstone wrote:
16 Jul 2024, 12:57
I am still pretty confused about the design of the RB20. At the start of the season, RB stated that the concept of the RB20 had changed significantly from the RB19 to create more opportunities for further development of the concept. But now, after hardly any improvement it is stated that they are suffering from diminishing returns.... While Mercedes and Mclaren were still able to make great steps and passed Red Bull in several areas. I can't quite reconcile this....

In addition, Newey's role is not clear to me either. He is present at almost every GP, sits at the pitwall during the races and still just walks around the grid with his notebook. That's the opposite of a gardening leave one would expect.
My personal take is that Red Bull downgraded the car with their upgrades. I am not even convinced this car has better race trim pace than RB19 although I have to confirm that on F1Tempo, especially after the downgrades.

Teams finding 1s out of thin air is also something I am not used to seeing in F1.

K1Plus
K1Plus

The Red Bull may have the highest peak performance, but they can hardly ever get to the perfect setup window they had for the first few races of the season.

Mercedes, who have had setup problems almost every race for the past 2 and a little years, have suddenly been able to dial in the car very nicely and have it stable across all speed ranges ever since Canada.

McLaren are very consistent, at Ferrari it's just a matter of time when they figure out how to adapt the new floor to the suspension.

I reckon the offseason development will be crucial if Max wants the 5th title in 2025.
They can't work on the 2026 car before start of 2025 so yeah...

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

f1isgood wrote:
16 Jul 2024, 13:02
When the car works, Newey is the magician behind suspension and now when it doesn't work, he doesn't agree with the design decisions. Just funny how the narrative is around him.
This comment is funny given the wider Red Bull narrative is that he is no big loss because he wasn’t actually involved in the development of the RB20

Wouter

Marko in front of the Sky Germany camera (translated):

Dr. Marko on Perez: "He's under pressure"

"Since he got the contract, there have been a few not so good races," said Dr. Helmut Marko on the Sky microphone before qualifying,
putting his finger on the sore spot. "It's designed for performance and no one is exempt.
The constructors' championship is very important to us because all the bonuses that are paid out to employees depend on their placement in the constructors' championship," the man from Graz continued.
While Max Verstappen has contributed an impressive 255 points (including the British GP) in this regard so far, Perez has not even achieved half that (118 points).
The Power of Dreams!

basti313
basti313

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
16 Jul 2024, 10:45
If they are going to sack Pérez in the summer, it is a continuation of the Horner text scandal and Newey's exit, where the organization is messed up and making poor decisions.
This sentence I do not understand. If they sack Perez it is not a poor discission, right? The only error I can see if they keep him too long and the sponsor money can not fill up the loss.
bluechris wrote:
There isnt a single driver that exists in F1 that will accept this treatment from RB, at least for a long time...
Treatment? What do you mean? RedBull has a problem with slow sidekicks, not with their treatment. It was super surprising to me even finding out that there was an upgrade or equal treatment clause...in the team with the biggest gap between the drivers on the grid for years.
bluechris wrote:
16 Jul 2024, 11:35
Max was one in a thousand when he appeared... i dont see newcomers carrying all the bells and whistles that Max had as matter their ability and talend (Tsunoda and Riciardo is out of the equation if this is the case), thats why i believe that any youngster near Max will be burned.
Does this matter? If Max leaves on Sunday they will sign a Hamilton, Alonso, Norris, Leclerc, whoever on Monday. Why does it need to be a newcomer?
Don`t russel the hamster!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

r85 wrote:
16 Jul 2024, 12:02

The media don't seem to be able to make up their minds about what is wrong with Red Bull.

First it was due to the Horner scandal. Then it was because Newey resigned after China. Suddenly they don't know how to set up the car at the track because he did it for them. Then they said his departure must be why the upgrades don't work. Then they said it was because the FIA nerfed their suspension in Miami, a suspension that Newey designed. Now it's because Wache disagreed with Newey for the whole car.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 16 Jul 2024, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

Rikhart
Rikhart

It's a good sign the media are guessing, it means the team is not prone to leaks.