2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Sergej wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 19:44
engine cover + sidepod should be a big performance differentiator I guess
True, but new front wing may widen operating window and help checo

Cassius
Cassius

It is clear that the front wing improves balance between low and high speed. It helps Checo especially as it will increase his confidence in the high speed.

GP in fp1 even asked Max about it. "How is the balance between low and high speed?"

So far the upgrades look promising.

organic

"Checo actually has the same upgrade, except for one part. Only that part is the most noticeable", Marko points out the sidepods in combination with the bonnet. "That's why people think that Checo doesn't have the upgrades, but he does have the vast majority. The difference in performance between the two cars is only marginal."

f1isgood
f1isgood

Okay, as long as it can help Red Bull get back to the top and at least give the car enough pace to be on par with the others over all stints, results will automatically flip.

Sergej
Sergej

Did you notice if the new front wing flex more than usual ? imagine bringing a new flexi wing just one race before FIA clamps down everything lol

CjC
CjC

Sergej wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 21:22
Did you notice if the new front wing flex more than usual ? imagine bringing a new flexi wing just one race before FIA clamps down everything lol
….clamps down on what you have been asking for :twisted:
Just a fan's point of view

organic

Sergej wrote:
Motorsport.com says that the monitoring of the front wing will not necessarily lead to anything being outlawed in the current system. They suggest it's about making the rules tighter for 2025

But yes we still don't know if the new front wing will be bendy

f1isgood
f1isgood

organic wrote:
19 Jul 2024, 21:29
Sergej wrote:
Motorsport.com says that the monitoring of the front wing will not necessarily lead to anything being outlawed in the current system. They suggest it's about making the rules tighter for 2025

But yes we still don't know if the new front wing will be bendy
Are there any parts that you think will make it bend more? It just looks the same old with some surface changes to me. The wings of other teams seemed to have been designed around that. Also, I somehow think that modifying it will be a big move since the floor has to work with the wing controlling the airflow.

I am not expecting much from Red Bull there personally. Red Bull's floor might still be the best there is and maybe that's the price to pay in terms of wings.

bluechris

They need more time to really bring flexible wings in the level of the others. Also this change has huge influence the the rest of the car so there will be another update for sure if they go down this road.

Rikhart
Rikhart

bluechris wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 07:54
They need more time to really bring flexible wings in the level of the others. Also this change has huge influence the the rest of the car so there will be another update for sure if they go down this road.
THey have had many months since asking for clarification, more than enough time to do proper bending FW. I would wager this is one of the reasons why we are only seeing this upgrade now.

Rikhart
Rikhart

“I think [we’ve been] just really trying to dial up the set-up from… there’s still a bit of a miscorrelation in the simulator that we’re working on, to start the weekend a lot closer,”
Interesting detail from Perez.

chrisc90

Anyone come to any interesting comparisons/details from Perez Vs Max in the race pace analysis?

organic

chrisc90 wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 11:45
Anyone come to any interesting comparisons/details from Perez Vs Max in the race pace analysis?
It was a difference in pacing strategy from a brief overview

f1isgood
f1isgood

Rikhart wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 10:32
bluechris wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 07:54
THey have had many months since asking for clarification, more than enough time to do proper bending FW. I would wager this is one of the reasons why we are only seeing this upgrade now.
I somehow still doubt it. Wache has been clear ever since early RB19 days that somehow Front Wing is not where the focus is and didn't really buy into what others were doing (probably AM/Merc) early last year. Now sure, if the FIA is just incompetent at fixing the flex and others are exploiting it to find a lot of time, maybe there's some scope but still Red Bull's car is developed differently to work with their floor I think, so I don't expect anything big personally from that this year. Maybe for next year, yeah, but not this year. I still think Red Bull has the most developed and potent floor and that the floor is, relatively speaking doing more heavy lifting in their car as compared to others.

Wouter

FP3 Longrun both on Hard:

📻 Max: "It's just the middle sector, in some corners I'm understeering a bit much, but at the same time I don't have massive amount of rear grip, so I don't know if I really should take more front flap."

GP suggested 2 clicks up on flap adjust, Max also said ride under braking.

📻 Max after flap adjustment: "This is a bit better. I mean, overall, I think the tyres helped, but it's better now, high speed."

📻 GP: "We'll schedule for least 9 laps."

Max also finished his long run, he's going to box📦

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

📻 Checo on car balance: "I'm generally happy. I think we picked up some front end at the apex of the low speed. Entry stability was a little bit harder into Turn 5."

He's going for up 2 clicks for flap adjust to see if entry stability can be improved.

📻 Checo: "It was positive for the low speed, Turn 1 too, but high speed, medium speed was a little bit much."

He's boxing for high fuel run.

📻 Bird: "How is the push toggle?"
Checo: "Yep, it's helping. Last corner, very neutral."

📻 Checo: "It's getting quite a bit neutral at the end of the lap, the entrance of the low speed."
The Power of Dreams!