Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
wesley123
wesley123

Re: Ferrari F2012

hardingfv32 wrote:
alogoc wrote:yes it is!big time!
Please demonstrate why?

Brian
Well just take a look at every team, why would any team waste crucial development time on something that is nothing more useful than a front wing tweak?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

wesley123 wrote:
hardingfv32 wrote:
alogoc wrote:yes it is!big time!
Please demonstrate why?

Brian
Well just take a look at every team, why would any team waste crucial development time on something that is nothing more useful than a front wing tweak?
Exactly Wesley. Look at Red Bull. Look at everything they've done relating to the exhausts. They even went so far as to run two completely difference spec cars throughout an entire weekend to gather data, especially exhaust data. That should be enough demonstration for even Brian. :?

alogoc
alogoc

i know you gonna mention Lotus blowing beamwing now but their exhaust is in the rigt place for beamwing Ferrari's is in the middle of nothing write now!and if is not crucial this year why 90% of teams are focusing on exhaust in Mugello?
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

xpensive
xpensive

I humbly believe that long before you can truly benefit from xtravaganza such as xhaust precision, you need to have the mechanics right, question is if Ferrrari has the house in order in that department with the F2012, I still doubt it myself?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

f300v10
f300v10

FakeAlonso wrote:Interesting article about the "Caos" Ferrari.

http://www.blogf1.it/2012/05/02/ferrari ... ca-macche/
Not an encouraging read.

amouzouris

xpensive wrote:I humbly believe that long before you can truly benefit from xtravaganza such as xhaust precision, you need to have the mechanics right, question is if Ferrrari has the house in order in that department with the F2012, I still doubt it myself?
again with the pull rods X?? really??

xpensive
xpensive

Can't help it amorous Z, just an uneasy gut-feeling that won't go away.

amouzouris

xpensive wrote:Can't help it amorous Z, just an uneasy gut-feeling that won't go away.
'amorous Z'?? i think ill get that as my username!! :P

xpensive
xpensive

amouzouris wrote:
xpensive wrote:Can't help it amorous Z, just an uneasy gut-feeling that won't go away.
You're welcome, hope it fits your agenda?

amouzouris

xpensive wrote:
amouzouris wrote:
You're welcome, hope it fits your agenda?
it does!! :P

Chuckjr

Has there been confirmation or not about Ferrari being able to use the dog tongue exhaust in race trim? I have heard both that it is legal if mounted just 1mm back from the tip and also that its not legal no matter where you mount it. Can someone confirm or clarify if its ok to use?
Watching F1 since 1986.

xpensive
xpensive

Amorous Z: Sadly enough, these past few posts will most probably be erased as off-topic, however;

As a sucker for innovative mechanical solutions, I can appreciate the F2012 front suspension, as bold as it is. Surely it must have been toyed around with by other top-teams in the past, why something strangely tells me this is a bridge too far?

amouzouris

xpensive wrote:Amorous Z: Sadly enough, these past few posts will most probably be erased as off-topic, however;

As a sucker for innovative mechanical solutions, I can appreciate the F2012 front suspension, as bold as it is. Surely it must have been toyed around with by other top-teams in the past, why something strangely tells me this is a bridge too far?
we will see...i belive that in a few months time...come 2013...more teams will go that route..

fiohaa
fiohaa

fiohaa wrote:what is the giant black tower attached onto the T-Cam - i presume its some sort of measuring device?
anyone?

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

fiohaa wrote:
fiohaa wrote:what is the giant black tower attached onto the T-Cam - i presume its some sort of measuring device?
anyone?
It's a pitot tube.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitot_tube

X, you're wrong mate. You said they would change in Mugello and they haven't. Let's get on with the real problems of the F2012. :)