2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Sherrinford wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 22:53
diffuser wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 19:25
selvam_e2002 wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 18:49
He spent most of the time behind Stroll,Lec, and Hulk. He has to Qualify at least front of Stroll to gain some places. Else this will be the repeat of every race weekend.
Be honest, what are the chances Alonso can beat Hulk's 1:26.338 in Q3 with perfect outlap? The only chance he had was race pace which the rain kind of eliminated.
There was a point in the race where Alonso was close to overtaking Hulkenberg, I had seen the gaps even drop to 0.018. However, in qualifying Alonso did a 1.26.8 on used tyres,so it was possible to make a low 26
Right, but what are the odds? 1 in 5 attempts?

He only got close in the rain with traffic.

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

diffuser wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 01:35
Sherrinford wrote:
diffuser wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 19:25

Be honest, what are the chances Alonso can beat Hulk's 1:26.338 in Q3 with perfect outlap? The only chance he had was race pace which the rain kind of eliminated.
There was a point in the race where Alonso was close to overtaking Hulkenberg, I had seen the gaps even drop to 0.018. However, in qualifying Alonso did a 1.26.8 on used tyres,so it was possible to make a low 26

Yes, but in the end I agree with you, it didn't make much difference to start in front of Hulkenberg, that was the race pace. We need to understand if these improvements are due to the changes to the front wing (it would be positive) or the return to Japanese specifications (it would be negative). However I saw the degradation it was ok, the pace was simply missing in terms of pure speed. So I'm positive, let's hope for the best for Hungary

diffuser

Sherrinford wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 01:38
diffuser wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 01:35
Sherrinford wrote:

Yes, but in the end I agree with you, it didn't make much difference to start in front of Hulkenberg, that was the race pace. We need to understand if these improvements are due to the changes to the front wing (it would be positive) or the return to Japanese specifications (it would be negative). However I saw the degradation it was ok, the pace was simply missing in terms of pure speed. So I'm positive, let's hope for the best for Hungary
Hopefully it's cause they've learnt something.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Can not really say that the weekend was positive. Top 4 are quicker anyway. Haas was quicker all in all, Torro Rosso or Williams were not slower either in normal conditions. The Hungary update should better be a very big step (at least in the race, because in Q teams are a lot closer, or at least in cold conditions).

Still not convinced by ALO's current form, he only really gained on STR yesterday when it started raining and they still were on dry tyres (I think that has a lot do with his driving style that he can keep the temps in the tyres better than most others).

And seeing Mercedes, I guess we can close the case once for all that the Mercedes wind tunnel is a problem!

krich
krich

-wkst- wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 08:06
Can not really say that the weekend was positive. Top 4 are quicker anyway. Haas was quicker all in all, Torro Rosso or Williams were not slower either in normal conditions. The Hungary update should better be a very big step (at least in the race, because in Q teams are a lot closer, or at least in cold conditions).

Still not convinced by ALO's current form, he only really gained on STR yesterday when it started raining and they still were on dry tyres (I think that has a lot do with his driving style that he can keep the temps in the tyres better than most others).

And seeing Mercedes, I guess we can close the case once for all that the Mercedes wind tunnel is a problem!
this + thinking rear suspension is bad

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

krich wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 10:28
-wkst- wrote:

Still can be the wind tunnel the problem ,is doesn't mean the wind tunnel not calibrate good ,but how they understand the data and implement in there simulation. If is just would be so simple understand the data from the wind tunnel, then the torro rossa ,alpha tauri would be there where is Redbull, but not this the case,even if is ther 2nd team. Is very possible that Mercedes figured out something, but of course they not gonna tell to Aston, because is not the faulty of the wind tunnel, but how you gathering and recoding your data in your own CFD. Honestly could all team use the same wind tunnel lets say for Redbull and many team would get different understanding about their own data.

-wkst-
-wkst-

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 12:09
krich wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 10:28
-wkst- wrote:

Still can be the wind tunnel the problem ,is doesn't mean the wind tunnel not calibrate good ,but how they understand the data and implement in there simulation. If is just would be so simple understand the data from the wind tunnel, then the torro rossa ,alpha tauri would be there where is Redbull, but not this the case,even if is ther 2nd team. Is very possible that Mercedes figured out something, but of course they not gonna tell to Aston, because is not the faulty of the wind tunnel, but how you gathering and recoding your data in your own CFD. Honestly could all team use the same wind tunnel lets say for Redbull and many team would get different understanding about their own data.
Well, it's all the time a thing of interpreting your data (tunnel, simulator and CFD) correctly. But the problem is obviously not the wind tunnel itself, giving wrong data, as some folks believe.

SSJ4
SSJ4

fernando would have beaten hulk in qualy imo if had a proper run in Q3. either hungary the updates work or we wait until september for the "copy"
mercedes front suspension changes help unlock performance

KimiRai
KimiRai

Cardile announcement

Last edited by KimiRai on 08 Jul 2024, 14:28, edited 2 times in total.

diffuser

-wkst- wrote:

Think it was a pretty positive weekend where they scored 10 points, more than any other the teams chasing them. So it helps solidify 5th. Might even have showed that they've started to understand what's going on with the aero around the car.

Nobody serious ever thought the wind tunnel was a problem. The only problem with the Merc tunnel are the AMR people using it. They have lacked the knowledge of how flows in the floors work. The same is true with the CDF. They need to build models on how the flows work in, under and around the floor. They've been learning on the job.

Nikosar
Nikosar

Man…. Seeing the emontions of that Hamilton win after almost 1000 days… I felt sorry for Alonso…. He just need a decent car not the most dominant one… I hope Fallows manage to invent something like Alisson did.

Maybe both Cardile and Newey will help Fallows

diffuser

The Merc Tunnel is kind of like all the saws I've ever owned. They all cut crooked. They're all broken! I swear, it's not me!

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

KimiRai wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 14:21
Cardile announcement

Its crazy how world works. After a Uncompetitive race Ferrari announces Cardille departure :lol: :lol: :lol: And all people "ohh Cardille is a bad designer"

KimiRai
KimiRai

Rikrikrik wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 14:58
KimiRai wrote:
Cardile announcement

Its crazy how world works. After a Uncompetitive race Ferrari announces Cardille departure :lol: :lol: :lol: And all people "ohh Cardille is a bad designer"
I dont think its just an uncompetitive race, Ferrari's recent upgrades seem to have failed and they had to go back to their previous spec. More is talked in the Ferrari team thread . Of course it doesnt mean Cardile is a bad designer, likewise with Fallows

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

KimiRai wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 15:00
Rikrikrik wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 14:58
KimiRai wrote:
Cardile announcement

I dont think its just an uncompetitive race, Ferrari's recent upgrades seem to have failed and they had to go back to their previous spec. More is talked in the Ferrari team thread . Of course it doesnt mean Cardile is a bad designer, likewise with Fallows
I think, but, who am i ? right. So, Ferrari should be follow their start's year philosophy, but, they copied the RBR in imola, and they losted the way after that. I think. Just my opinion. But, OK, the rumors about Cardille looks confirmed parcially, i hope the Newey will be too, and im sending vibrations to newey dont sign with Ferrari #-o :-" :?