2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

KimiRai wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 15:00
Rikrikrik wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 14:58
KimiRai wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 14:21
Cardile announcement

Its crazy how world works. After a Uncompetitive race Ferrari announces Cardille departure :lol: :lol: :lol: And all people "ohh Cardille is a bad designer"
I dont think its just an uncompetitive race, Ferrari's recent upgrades seem to have failed and they had to go back to their previous spec. More is talked in the Ferrari team thread . Of course it doesnt mean Cardile is a bad designer, likewise with Fallows
I think, but, who am i ? right. So, Ferrari should be follow their start's year philosophy, but, they copied the RBR in imola, and they losted the way after that. I think. Just my opinion. But, OK, the rumors about Cardille looks confirmed parcially, i hope the Newey will be too, and im sending vibrations to newey dont sign with Ferrari #-o :-" :?

Xyz22
Xyz22

According to motorsport italy Cardile will have a managerial role, instead of a technical one.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Xyz22 wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 15:16
According to motorsport italy Cardile will have a managerial role, instead of a technical one.
It also says "he will be called to cover a gap in the coordination between the various areas, a problem that emerged this season in the planning of the developments."

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10633115/

Very interesting. Could this be why upgrades have failed, poor coordination between the different areas of the car (e.g aero and vehicle dynamics etc)?

quincalla
quincalla

If that's true it's good to see it's reinforcements and heads aren't rolling.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

will he join AM immediately or had to go for gardening leave. It seems he can join immediately with AM...

Nikosar
Nikosar

Newey spotted in the McLaren factory…

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

Newey has stated that he will decide in the autumn, there is no point in thinking about any announcements now. So we wait and hope he comes to Aston Martin. It is important not to lose people and add others, the more minds there are within the team the better. Let's not forget the AMR23 at the beginning of the season

quincalla
quincalla

Nikosar wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 16:26
Newey spotted in the McLaren factory…
According to BusinessF1, which is complete trash.

-wkst-
-wkst-

KimiRai wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 15:29
Xyz22 wrote:
It also says "he will be called to cover a gap in the coordination between the various areas, a problem that emerged this season in the planning of the developments."

Very interesting. Could this be why upgrades have failed, poor coordination between the different areas of the car (e.g aero and vehicle dynamics etc)?
This is what they wrote when Bob Bell joined the team as "executive director - technical":
Bob will report to Team Principal, Mike Krack, in a new role which further strengthens the senior leadership group at the Silverstone based team. He will have overall responsibility for the Technical, Engineering and Performance functions as the team continues its journey and development into true F1 contenders.

max_speed
max_speed

Nikosar wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 14:33
Man…. Seeing the emontions of that Hamilton win after almost 1000 days… I felt sorry for Alonso…. He just need a decent car not the most dominant one… I hope Fallows manage to invent something like Alisson did.

Maybe both Cardile and Newey will help Fallows
I cant imagine how would i feel to see alonso win again, i just wish it happens but on other hand know it won't, because dan follows is absolute medicore designer, earlier aston understand better for them. Just a ctlr+c , ctrl+v kinda designer

Nikosar
Nikosar

-wkst- wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 17:21
KimiRai wrote:
Xyz22 wrote:

This is what they wrote when Bob Bell joined the team as "executive director - technical":
Bob will report to Team Principal, Mike Krack, in a new role which further strengthens the senior leadership group at the Silverstone based team. He will have overall responsibility for the Technical, Engineering and Performance functions as the team continues its journey and development into true F1 contenders.
If Cardile get a management role, then they will still look for someone else for the aereo/design position

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
Xyz22 wrote:

My 2 cents would be that it's all aero why they haven't work.

"Planning of the developments" would be more about why they haven't come out faster. The impression I had going into the triple header was that the upgrades for Hungry were initially scheduled for Silverstone. Those then got pushed back 2 weeks.

Also Ferrari seem to have the best chassis on the circuit. So why wouldn't Cardile be used for that ?

diffuser

Nikosar wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 19:08
-wkst- wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 17:21
KimiRai wrote:

If Cardile get a management role, then they will still look for someone else for the aereo/design position
His TD roll at Ferrari has some management in the role.

diffuser

Rikrikrik wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 15:05
KimiRai wrote:
Rikrikrik wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 14:58
Its crazy how world works. After a Uncompetitive race Ferrari announces Cardille departure :lol: :lol: :lol: And all people "ohh Cardille is a bad designer"
I dont think its just an uncompetitive race, Ferrari's recent upgrades seem to have failed and they had to go back to their previous spec. More is talked in the Ferrari team thread . Of course it doesnt mean Cardile is a bad designer, likewise with Fallows
I think, but, who am i ? right. So, Ferrari should be follow their start's year philosophy, but, they copied the RBR in imola, and they losted the way after that. I think. Just my opinion. But, OK, the rumors about Cardille looks confirmed parcially, i hope the Newey will be too, and im sending vibrations to newey dont sign with Ferrari #-o :-" :?
Maybe he just walked over to his new office after the race.

Anyways, if you haven't seen this on the front page of F1 Technical ...

Cardile qualified with a degree in Aeronautical Engineering from Pisa University in 2002 and his thesis was on the topic of the Ferrari wind tunnel. In 2003, he worked at the university, collaborating with Ferrari on an aerodynamic innovation project.

In 2005, he joined the Maranello company as head of the Termica Department taking on ever more responsibility, also working on the design of racing versions of Gran Turismo 458 Italia GT2 and GT3 and 488 GTE and GT3, cars which were dominant in their respective championships, with wins at the Daytona 24 hours and Le Mans as well as winning FIA WEC world titles.

In 2016, he joined the Gestione Sportiva as Head of Aero Development, while the following year, he was made Vehicle Project Manager. In 2019 he became Head of Aerodynamics and Vehicle Project Manager while in August 2020 he was appointed head of a new Performance Development Department.

Since 1st January 2021 he has been head of the Chassis Area. He continued in this role while also appointed Technical Director Chassis and Aerodynamics in 2023.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

KimiRai wrote:
Remember that James Allison, Aldo Costa, and Andrea Stella never achieved much at Ferrari. When they moved to other teams, they flourished. It is easier for some to point the finger at Cardile because it suggests that the "problem" has been "removed". It is rarely so simple.