Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
radosav
radosav

Re: Ferrari F2012

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Looks the exact same to me aside from a moved logo.

This morning

This afternoon
it looks like they moved ACER logo because of new sidepods. 'afternoon sidepods' are tighter under the exhaust. if ACER logo was in the same place it wouldn't be seen at all.

Afterburner

No U-pods someone confirm?

desl
desl

They moved the logo for the fans so they still could call it "the acer-duct" :D

radosav
radosav

desl wrote:They moved the logo for the fans so they still could call it "the acer-duct" :D
well, it may be true

Crabbia
Crabbia

The sidepods are the same. they changed the position of the acer logo for better visiblity in a variety of angles.

see below, in both shots the acer would have been clearly visible with the new position.

the fact that it looks more square isnt definitive enough.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

beelsebob
beelsebob

Afterburner wrote:No U-pods someone confirm?
Looks pretty Uey to me.

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

IF the team had real confidence in this new exhaust layout, what is the logic of introducing it on the third day of the test? Would you not want more time to work through some of the possible nuances of this layout?

I am suspect that this is actually a major change in the aero related exhaust flow.

Brian

xpensive
xpensive

hardingfv32 wrote:IF the team had real confidence in this new exhaust layout, what is the logic of introducing it on the third day of the test? Would you not want more time to work through some of the possible nuances of this layout?

I am suspect that this is actually a major change in the aero related exhaust flow.

Brian
I guess it's a typical xample of the "You know what you got but not what you gonna get" syndrome, when you're not dead certain that the novelty is an improvement. After that front suspension, perhaps Ferrari engineers are a little more defensive now?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Nico
Nico

not the prettiest execution of this solution.... the Ferrari design crew seems totally lost.... they spent 8 monyhs designing the orriginal concept and now they are hanging their hats on a rush job...
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 03 May 2012, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited out off topic rant.

Cuky

xpensive wrote:After that front suspension, perhaps Ferrari engineers are a little more defensive now?
What is wrong with front suspension? For me it seems to be working well. No one is complaining about it

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Cuky wrote:
xpensive wrote:After that front suspension, perhaps Ferrari engineers are a little more defensive now?
What is wrong with front suspension? For me it seems to be working well. No one is complaining about it
Nothing whatsoever. X has a problem with the front pull rod. Nothing to be concerned about. :p

elFranZ

Nico wrote:not the prettiest execution of this solution.... the Ferrari design crew seems totally lost.... they spent 8 monyhs designing the orriginal concept and now they are hanging their hats on a rush job..
Yeah, what about growing up now?

Now, for the experts: I noticed the bodywork around the new exhaust being a unique piece of carbon, while the old version was composed by many pieces. Are they going less "modular" down there, or it means simply nothing?
Last edited by elFranZ on 03 May 2012, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.

amouzouris

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
Cuky wrote:
Nothing whatsoever. X has a problem with the front pull rod. Nothing to be concerned about. :p
X's problem is that it just 'doesn't look right'!! :P

Ferrari_Tifosi88
Ferrari_Tifosi88

elFranZ wrote:
Nico wrote:not the prettiest execution of this solution.... the Ferrari design crew seems totally lost.... they spent 8 monyhs designing the orriginal concept and now they are hanging their hats on a rush job, this whole team is pathetic... Alonso talks crap all the time, Massa does nothing, Dominicalli is way out of touch with reality, and Montezemolo is a senile old fool.
Yeah, what about growing up now?

They are not hanging their hats on anything....they are trying to fix the problems with the design. It is not easy to find 10ths from an origional approach which ties in chasis suspension etc. It takes months to find something with "substantial gain" on a car which has already been designed in-tune with the rest of the car without making drastic changes.

Ferrari will always be Ferrari.....don't blame the team....applaud the challengers

luicchi
luicchi

Nico wrote:not the prettiest execution of this solution.... the Ferrari design crew seems totally lost.... they spent 8 monyhs designing the orriginal concept and now they are hanging their hats on a rush job, this whole team is pathetic... Alonso talks crap all the time, Massa does nothing, Dominicalli is way out of touch with reality, and Montezemolo is a senile old fool.
Well all you say could be said untill today, because today we saw some work from Ferrari.I dont know if ferrari will be at front in the next Gp , but improvements have been made. So I believe that you wanna see a winning ferrari , just like me , but it takes time and tests are needed.Wait and see what will come in BCN...like Alonso said at lunch HAPPY!!!
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 03 May 2012, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited out replies to edited post